• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

HID bulb replacement on FN2

Thanks Loxy, thats great info ! I will try to source a set of D2R bulbs. I know, at honda you will pay the dealer price plus installation fee with a 1 week waiting list ;) Thats not going to happen. Brgds Steven Edit: I just ordered a pair of Philips D2R 85126 4300K bulbs. :) Looks like I...
  2. R

HID bulb replacement on FN2

Hello, my FN2 just blew the passenger side HID bulb. Its getting violet now, so I want to replace both bulbs with a more yellowish type instead the stock blue. Is there any reference what type of bulb (not color temp) to use/order ? I am new to HID's so I don't know the different types/sockets...
  3. R

My Brakes Failed???

The G88 Tarox discs are rusting like crazy but thats a common tradeoff I am fine with. If the FN2 wasn't a daily driver I would spend the effort on blasting them clean and giving a coat of stainless steel paint just to keep the inspector happy. It might just have been fading that led to the...
  4. R

My Brakes Failed???

Why have you swapped out the Tarox discs If I might ask ? As far as I know Tarox is as good as it gets when it comes to brakes. They are the only upgrade discs we can legally install here that I am aware of. I might switch to either Ferrodo or EBC pads with some motul brake fluid. Big brake kit...
  5. R

My Brakes Failed???

Hello, sorry for digging old an old thread but I thought using this one instead of making a new one. Yesterday I had a scary moment where I assume that my brakes failed/overheated. Approaching a corner, brake performance went down to almost half if not more while I had to press the pedal as...
  6. R

Lost brake pads (rear left) while driving - FN2

Hello, I'm back, I took a while off from my Type R FN2. It has been sitting around half a year now on the yard, since I lost my rear left brake pad compound which damaged the entire caliper/disc assembly. (First the compound went, so I was braking metal on metal, pad metal fell out too and then...
  7. R

Is there a way to disable ABS ?

Hello, I want to disable ABS on my FN2, is there a simple way to do it ? I dont want to remove the ABS installation, just disabling it. Best regards Steven
  8. R

My windscreen is on crack ...

Waah damn, looks like my annual bonus is going in for the screen ... Have full coverage but they dont pay because they havent seen the car yet ... so I am fooked.
  9. R

My windscreen is on crack ...

Hello, yes as said. Went in for dinner last weekend and there was a 20 cm crack right on the center near the bottom direction upwards. Was a direct hit about 2 or 3 cm from the bottom of the screen. Wondering how this could happen. Crack went now up to the middle and turned left. I am certain...
  10. R

EP3 Door seals freezing SOLID shut, and i mean SOLID =(

Had a similar issue, although not as bad. Door did not open, so I pulled a bit harder and then *crzzzcht* it went open. Sprayed the seals with rubber protection yesterday to prevent this happening next time. Last year my RX7 was frozen solid (about 5 mm solid ice), couldnt get inside for about...
  11. R

Really bad braking power at at high speed - FN2

I now have the solution to why it doesnt stop well, got a phone call from the stealer ... There was a set of competition racing pads mounted ... Of course under normal driving conditions they won't do the job properly. They need to get heated up. I didn't went so far as considering a set of...
  12. R

Thanks Loxy, I dont know what pads are on there, they came with the car I just bought a few days ago :) Believe lines are stock, didnt notice any aftermarket stuff on there. The car is at the stealer now, I managed to get technical inspection and registering done today .. hehe Will look out for...
  13. R

Hello, since I got my registration done I will use the occasion and ask about my biggest problem on the FN2. Car: 2008 FN2 with 93k Km got weared out clutch and slotted brake disc in front. Pads, well there is enough stuff left. New tyres: Pirelli snowsport on oem wheels. Problem: When going...
Back