• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Door seals freezing SOLID shut, and i mean SOLID =(

Li'

Anybody else had this issue? Only had the car 3months and already there have been 4 occasions where i literally have not been able to get into the car due to frost. Resulting in me having to climb through the boot and be late for work! However then after driving 15miles to work i still cannot get out of my car! I previously had a corsa B and never found this an issue, Spoken to a few other EP3 owners and they don't seem to have had the problem.

Anybody got any ideas on how to solve it? I've wiped all the seals down the night before, sprayed with WD40 and it still doesn't work =(

Also bought a full car cover, however i cannot put this on if the car is wet obviously.

Please Help! Desparate haha!

Get this from time to time if there is deep frost., but not dead solid ****, but just got to pull a bit harder ten percen harder then job done, like any other car. Minis are really bad

Issue If you cannot get out though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get this from time to time if there is deep frost., but not dead solid ****, but just got to pull a bit harder ten percen harder then job done, like any other car. Minis are really bad

Issue If you cannot get out though!

Weve tried pulling and pushing from either side and still doesn't work =(
Frieghtened that my handles are going to snap off and it seems to happen even with slight frost.

How did you know it fixed it?? Only posted that two mins ago... Lol, did you just go out and check?

Oooos, sorry Thought that last thread was the sAme issue, on further reading, looks like a different door related issue lol

The thread about my door not staying open was posted in November =/ it has been fixed since then lol.

Mine does this when its really cold out. I can eventually get in though sometimes I have to use the passenger side and push the drivers door from the inside :lol:

Had a similar issue, although not as bad. Door did not open, so I pulled a bit harder and then *crzzzcht* it went open.
Sprayed the seals with rubber protection yesterday to prevent this happening next time.
Last year my RX7 was frozen solid (about 5 mm solid ice), couldnt get inside for about half an hour lol.
Needless to say I was an hour late for work ...

Since then I use deicer in spray bottles, I put them on to the heater, so they are ready tomorrow. Works wonders,
deicing all around done in 4 mins. Lesson learned.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for your help guys, glad to see im not the only one suffering in the morning. ive found that warm water in -4 conditions just freezes again. Its down near the plastic kick plates where its freezing and the water struggles to run down the seals to go horizontally across to that place if anybody understands what i mean. Ive tried a silicone based spray as well as wd40 and none seemed to work. Next step = Vaseline!! I must live high in the hills or something haha!

Lol, I've had this on my EK. Drivers door frozen solid but the passenger side opens fine...

Back