• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. krisricey

FN2 Window Wiper Intermittent Problem...

Hi all, my FN2 sometimes does this annoying little trick whenever I have my wipers set to Auto. The Auto wipers work 100% fine and then, for no reason, will just keep going and going and going even if there is no rain? To try and remedy this I switch the wiper stalk to OFF, and the wipers keep...
  2. krisricey

Here name is Reo! NHB FN2 Progress Pics!

Figured I'd pop a thread together for Reo, my FN2 which I am enjoying every minute of (despite some minor issues!). Heres a pic from when I bought her about a month ago: After a good wash, wax and clay-barring and I fit some Heko wind deflectors at the same time as some engine bay dress-up...
  3. krisricey

Number plate tilt bracket, any experiences?

Fancy getting one of these for more of a JDM look, got an import size front plate on the way to replace the sh*t plate that came on the front of the car ( still scrubbing the sticky pads off the bumper >:( ) has anyone got any experience with one of these brackets? I'm in an FN2 if that helps...
  4. krisricey

Daft bulb question?

Hi all, Really sorry if this comes across as noob, but i've only had the FN2 for 2 weeks and we're still getting to know one another having had an EP3 before! So, i've bought 501 bulbs for my sidelights, go to fit them and the bulbs currently in there are seated in metal holders with a...
  5. krisricey

FN2 Exhaust Rattle

Morning all, This morning I pulled up to work and noticed a pretty clear rattle/knocking coming from the rear of the car (possibly drivers side). I did a search on the forum and read up about heatshield rattles but it seems asthough my knocking is far more pronounced than the rattle you get...
  6. krisricey

Any local clever sods help me with wiring?

Hey, my FN2 has got a beaten up old-style iPod connector for the aux input in the little hatch beneath the OEM stereo. My question is wether or not it's possible to strip this back and splice it with a newer iPhone lightning cable? if so, anyone local in Sussex or Redhill able to do this for me...
  7. krisricey

Deflectors

Hey all. Used to have wind deflectors on the EP3 but they ended up being a pig to fit had to use industrial carpet tape to hold them in. Come someone reccomend me some decent ones which fit well in my new FN2? Have to assume Heko ones? cheers
  8. krisricey

What tape for wind deflectors?

Hey guys, Going to pick up my set of deflectors tomorrow but need to get some tape for them. What sticky tape have you all used for yours? I dont wanna buy some weak stuff and see them blow off half way down the motorway Cheers! Chris
  9. krisricey

My refurbed center console!

Having painted my door handles, heres my process photos for my refurb of my center console! Unfortunately after all the effort i managed to take a little chip out of the paint RIGHT as i was refitting :evil:....still, heres the images! Hope you like it! Before... Removing Dash.... Holyest...
  10. krisricey

My refurbed door handles!

So i recently refurbed my interior door handles, got 3 pictures of before, during and after. I think they came out laavely, gonna set about doing my center console the same colour tomorrow! :D Before..... After some sanddingg.... And the finished product :) Cheeeers chaps :D
  11. krisricey

De-wipering issue....

Hey guys, me once again! Set about de-wipering my rear windscreen today. Only issue so far is that i cant for the life of me get the main bit of boot plastic out. The left side seems to have more give than the right side but it just wont budge. Ive pulled and pulled! And for anyone...
  12. krisricey

Rear lights, facelift to prefacelift?

Ive been offered a set of pre-facelift rear lights which, lets all agree, are a darn sight better than the facelift ones. Anyway, how easy is it to swap rear facelift lights to pre-facelift ones? Cheers in advance guys! Kris
  13. krisricey

Removing interior door handle?

Can anyone let me know how this is done? Could use a refurb :) Thanks in advance!
  14. krisricey

Issues with this strut brace

Hello boys and girls, Went to go and see this strut brace (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMP-Strut-brace-Civic-Type-R-EP3-/110832224078?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6610368376409258214#ht_500wt_1287) and when i had a look at if it would...
  15. krisricey

Question regarding strut brace fitting....

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a strut brace for my ep3 facelift. Have had a look under the bonnet and it literally looks like there's NO clearance whatsoever on the left side for one to fit? With the a/c pipes and resoviors where they are? Anyone fancy shedding some light?! Thanks :D
  16. krisricey

Screenwash bottle split?

Hey chaps, how are we all :D Just a quick one, the other day i noticed a damp patch on the floor under my engine and it was coming from the right hand side. I had a quick look underneath but couldnt see much, although im 99% sure its my screenwash tank. Anyway, does anyone know how much a new...
  17. krisricey

Anyone who can fit HIDs? Wanna help?!

Ello chaps, I'm looking at buying a HID kit for my facelift ep3, anyone any good at fitting them and wants to do it for me? :D I'm in Sussex but can travel!!
  18. krisricey

Anyone know the standard type R red colour?

Im looking at refurbing my door handles inside my EP3, and i fancy something a little different. Anyone think the standard Type R red would look any good? Or should i just stick to Vauxhall Star Silver???
  19. krisricey

Interior door handle trim removal?

Anyone who can tell me how to remove interior door handle trim will win 10 Kris points.... ....and an extra 10 points to whoever tells me what colour i can buy thats closest :D
  20. krisricey

Kris' NHB EP3

Hey guys, Just thought id say hello, im Kris im from Horsham in W. Sussex. Here are some pictures of my NHB EP3, havent done a lot yet but i do have plans :D So far just fit a new DDIN head unit and tinted the windows :D Cheers!
  21. krisricey

Rounded screw removal....

Hi guys, Got an import rear number plate for my ep3, wen to take off the old plate and the right side screw is knackered! No head whatsoever it's fully corroded away. What's the best method to remove this screw? I can replace it with another one!
  22. krisricey

Advice with Double Din.....

Hi guys, I really want a double DIN head unit for my EP3, found some really fairly priced ones online and (believe it or not) Halfrauds.... ...anyway, i read somewhere that although its better to HAVE the fascia adaptor/cage, its not 100% necessary, is this true or am i making it up? Only...
Back