• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Boobster

Replacement Brake discs and pads all round

I've decided on Brembo discs for the front and ferodo ds2500s. I know where to purchase the discs from. Where can I purchase the DS2500s at the best price and does anyone have discount codes? I've read I need to get shims as i don't fancy having squealing brakes. Don't have any so need to know...
  2. Boobster

Just looking for a good front brake setup as I no longer want the rears changed (budget constraints). Fronts are currently EBC Turbogroove discs. Was looking to go with OEM discs but with a good pad. Ferodos are quite pricey, so looking for a good cheaper alternative.
  3. Boobster

Thanks for the replies so far. I've been reading that EBC Yellowstuff perform well on the OEM discs too? Anyone got any opinions? Cheaper pad wise too.
  4. Boobster

I'm looking to replace my front and rear brake discs and pads. Yes, I'm doing the lot. I've been running with EBC Turbo groove discs all round, ebc redstuff on the front and standard pads on the back. It's been ok but I'm interested in swapping back to OEM discs on the front and back. Want to...
  5. Boobster

Your tyre reviews

I've always had the Parada Spec IIs. Need to buy a full set so want to take advantage of the price reduction. How are these tyres in the wet?
  6. Boobster

Want to fix these before MOT....

......it's due on 11th August. The following points were noticed as observations on the printout I was given last year: Offside (steering rack) ball joint has slight play Nearside track rod end ball joint has slight play What parts do I need and where's the best place to get hold of...
  7. Boobster

Passenger seat fault

Went to move the passenger seat forward using the top lever and 'snap'. A spring seems to have snapped from the top lever. The seat can still be moved forward using the lower lever but the top lever is now 'limp'. Any ideas if I can get a replacement spring :confused: It's a pre-facelift by...
  8. Boobster

rbc intake

Let us know how you get on ;)
  9. Boobster

rbc intake

It's all go for the RBC Intake. Coupled with my existing mods, I'm hoping I get the power gains I'm looking for. Time to pull the OT at work. Here we go!.........
  10. Boobster

rbc intake

I'm going to look forward to this. Will give me a good indication of what to expect. ;)
  11. Boobster

rbc intake

Thanks Suits. Yep, I've got a Supersprint catback exhaust, ITG filter, got a Spoon header and DC5 2-1 cat to go on. Just want to get it all done at once. Just going to get one in the next few months. Want to stay with N/A as after all it is the ethos of Honda :D
  12. Boobster

rbc intake

I'm thinking of getting one of these from the guy on ebay. Only question I have is what am I likely to get stung with on customs charges? Anyone on here purchased a kit? What did you pay in total including customs charges if any? Will it be too much to justify it as an effective cost vs power...
  13. Boobster

Any Tyre deals going on ?

Thanks Hasnic. Hoping it'll do the same for me too :)
  14. Boobster

Hasnic, I've checked this already and it's only slight stepping. Need to change the tyres and then going to TDi North. Will be getting the setup done for the third time. ABP and TGM have done it in the past. Got Paradas on at the moment and was wondering what the GSD3's were like. Might...
  15. Boobster

Dotty, Have you had these fitted? How are they on the car? I need to get a set of rears and was thinking of getting the Parada Spec 2s again until I saw your post. Wanna try tyre replacement to see if I get rid of the 'drone' ;)
  16. Boobster

Replacement Manifold and CAT to go with Supersprint Catback?

Just a thought. Was wondering if the heatshield off my std cat would fit that of the DC5?
  17. Boobster

Being offered a DC5 2-1 cat but without the heatshield. Will it be ok? Thanks in advance
  18. Boobster

Just been thinking and was wondering what the DC5 cat flow rate was. Remember reading on here somewhere but can't seem to find it again!! Used the search function and still can't find the thread!?! Also anyone know if it's worth getting a sports cat? If so, any recommendations? Need it to fit...
  19. Boobster

Panic over Peeps. It is a genuine part. Been told by Spoon that the newer parts all have a logo welded to them. Right now for the DC5 2-1 with CAT and KPRO. I'm getting goosebumps!!
  20. Boobster

Asked Chris this and like me he wasn't sure. Can anyone else help? Managed to get hold of the Spoon 4-2 header I was after but am concerned it is not genuine. All the images on the web show a weld line on 3 of the downpipes when viewed from the front. They don't have the Spoon logo welded...
  21. Boobster

Just want some more confirmation on my proposed setup. Need to know if I'll face any fitting issues with the following: Spoon 4-2 header > DC5 2-1 Cat fitted onto Supersprint Silenced Midpipe and twin round backbox.
  22. Boobster

Thanks again. Time to get hunting!!
  23. Boobster

That's a bargain price. Guess I'll get searching. I'm really looking at the Spoon 4-2 header and an oem DC5 2-1 cat for road use. Will I need the JDM Anti Roll bar for the Spoon and DC5 cat combo? Just wanna make sure I factor this cost in.
  24. Boobster

Cheers Chris. That's very informative and a great help. Now to source them!!
  25. Boobster

Sounds good but I want to avoid having to swap the cat in and out. Would I see much of a difference if i just got the 4-2 header with the std cat? Or would I be better getting a DC5 cat to go with the 4-2 header?
  26. Boobster

Anywhere upto £750. Probably not enough but saving for KPRO too.
  27. Boobster

I've currently got a Supersprint Catback exhaust system on my EP3 at the mo (silenced midpipe and twin rounds rearbox). Looking for a replacement manifold that includes a cat that will fit. Don't want the whole system to get too loud. Been reading about the DC5 manifold and cat and like the...
  28. Boobster

rear window demister switch

Straight forward to do. Just follow the How-To for as if you were replacing the stereo. My post from the 'other' forum: 'Guess I'm resurrecting an old post but for everyone's info, it's really easy to do. I've never been one to mess around with cars and I even found it easy!! For those...
  29. Boobster

Latest mod

HAHA Pmsl
  30. Boobster

Latest mod

So I guess this is one for Muxy. Are these worth a shot? Seen them on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-01-03-AERO-VU-FLAT-WIPER-BLADES-UPGRADE_W0QQitemZ250180422104QQihZ015QQcategoryZ45645QQcmdZViewItem
  31. Boobster

Strut Brace for use with air-con and ITG Maxogen

So guys. Back to business then. Is there a definitive answer as to which strut brace to install??
  32. Boobster

Will he keep the car rigid then!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  33. Boobster

All, I'm looking at purchasing a front strut bar for my CTR. Did a search on here and read about the different types. I still haven't found the definitive answer for a CTR fitted with air-con and ITG Maxogen. Obviously want to avoid any modification to the air con pipes and brake reservoir...
Back