• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Replacement Brake discs and pads all round

I'm looking to replace my front and rear brake discs and pads. Yes, I'm doing the lot.

I've been running with EBC Turbo groove discs all round, ebc redstuff on the front and standard pads on the back. It's been ok but I'm interested in swapping back to OEM discs on the front and back. Want to run with standard pads on the back and perhaps the DS2500s on the front.

I've already got goodridge brake hoses and use Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

Cars running 226bhp so nothing too major. Will this setup be ok? Any suggestions as to the best place to purchase this setup would be appreciated. I'm on a budget so trying to save as much as I can :)

Don't forget the anti squeal shims on the front pads. Devil84 and myself suffered really badly with squealing. It was like a cat being tortured.

Thanks for the replies so far. I've been reading that EBC Yellowstuff perform well on the OEM discs too? Anyone got any opinions? Cheaper pad wise too.

What's wrong with OEM?

If you feel you need better brakes, then the Ferodo DS2500 is a popular product. I have them on my car and they are superb.

I've read some dodgy stories with EBC pads, so normally avoid them.

What's wrong with OEM?

If you feel you need better brakes, then the Ferodo DS2500 is a popular product. I have them on my car and they are superb.

I've read some dodgy stories with EBC pads, so normally avoid them.

Just looking for a good front brake setup as I no longer want the rears changed (budget constraints). Fronts are currently EBC Turbogroove discs. Was looking to go with OEM discs but with a good pad. Ferodos are quite pricey, so looking for a good cheaper alternative.

Just go for OEM rears, with OEM front discs and Ferodo pads. You get what you pay for. :)

I have brembo discs on the front with mintex pads. oem discs and pads on the rear. That setup works well for every day use if i was to do some track days i would buy some ds2500's for the front.

I've decided on Brembo discs for the front and ferodo ds2500s. I know where to purchase the discs from. Where can I purchase the DS2500s at the best price and does anyone have discount codes? I've read I need to get shims as i don't fancy having squealing brakes. Don't have any so need to know where to get these too.

Oh and the best place to get them fitted too?

Any advice appreciated.

I've decided on Brembo discs for the front and ferodo ds2500s. I know where to purchase the discs from. Where can I purchase the DS2500s at the best price and does anyone have discount codes? I've read I need to get shims as i don't fancy having squealing brakes. Don't have any so need to know where to get these too.

Oh and the best place to get them fitted too?

Any advice appreciated.

I have almost the same set up, grooved brembos DS2500 pads, HEL braided lines and Mutol 5.1 fluid. I found it a decent although only slight upgrade from OEM. I sourced dics & pads from ebay and the lines & fluid from unit8.

Back