• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. marge602

CH1 31mpg!

Hi folks. I'm extremely happy to say that me and the GF have just returned from a short break in Norfolk, during which my ATR turned in just over 31mpg, despite me not being able to drive sensibly on the the myriad super-twisty backroads out there. We did have a long run to get there, but it...
  2. marge602

S2000 & NSX S2000 pace car

Look what i found on my travels. It was parked outside a motorsport place i was working at. Couldn't believe how well Championship White suits the S2K, esp. when it's got carbon bits on it. And red H's Marge
  3. marge602

FN2 I've seen one...

Went to Johnsons in Kidlington on Thursday to order an oil filter for my Beat. They're not exactly hiding their new CTR away. Here it is making my(bird crap splattered) ATR look distinctly last-century. It was covered in road grime but hadn't been registered yet, so maybe some of their staff had...
  4. marge602

Beat Type R

Ohmigod! How's this for a prime piece of Japanese madness? It's a 1993 Honda Beat, which weighs around 3/4 of a ton and usually has around 60bhp - with a JDM ITRs B18C shoehorned in. Mental. I've got a Beat, and it feels quite quick as standard(even though it ain't), so god knows what it feels...
  5. marge602

CH1 Might sell up....

Anyone interested in my ATR? Don't really want to sell it, but it's not-quite-30mpg economy is battering my wallet silly. Just testing the water really, i've only had it about four months, but the fuel consumption coupled with the double whammy of having to buy super unleaded is making life...
  6. marge602

ITRs

What's the bottom line for a good DC2 ITR? I'm quite fond of my ATR, but it's just not quite the car i wanted to replace my DC2 Si with. I've seen them for £5k and i dont mind whether it's a UK model or an import. Thanks Marge
  7. marge602

DB8 engines

Morning. Anyone know what other engines the DB8 came with apart from the B18? And how much power they made? Thanks Marge
  8. marge602

Civic DX

Hi folks Am wondering if anyone knows anything about Hondas old 1350cc engine. The one in my sisters 94 Civic has a huge great flat spot, and doesn't tick over well either. I can't tell where in the rev range the flat spot is, cos it doesn't have a rev counter. Maybe she needs to visit the...
  9. marge602

CH1 Dashboard rattle

I've just returned from a weekend with my girlfriend, and am officially at the end of my tether with the really f*cking annoying rattle that plagues my ATR. It seems to be coming from the glovebox/airbag area and sounds like something's loose, which makes a kind of springy noise when i drive...
  10. marge602

CH1 Fleet news

Had nothing much to do today but wash cars. I was on call, so can't go far so i use the opportunity to do stuff round the house. Thus we now have 3 clean and shiny Hondas. My ATR, my little sisters EG3 DX and the Beat that we share between us. We used to be fans of Renault, but eventually saw...
  11. marge602

CH1 Go faster stickers

Thanks to Mook for sorting these out for me. Should shave a few tenths off the 0-60 time! Regards Marge
  12. marge602

New Legend

Anyone else noticed a proliferation of new Honda Legends round their way?The first one i saw was at my local stealer about 3 weeks ago. Since it was full of paperwork and had Post-its all over its dash with reminders written on, i suspect it may have been something to do with Honda UK. Not long...
  13. marge602

CH1 Clutch pedal

Hi folks My clutch pedal makes a clicking noise sometimes when i use it. There's also a creaking noise when pushing the pedal slowly down. My Teg had the same creak for a long time too, so i'm not too worried about that, but the clicky pedal is a worry. It's almost as if the cable(if it has...
  14. marge602

CH1 Bike rack

Morning folks Does anyone use a bike rack on the back of their ATR. I'm wondering if the rear wing gets in the way of it. Normally i put my bikes in the boot, but i need to transport my tandem soon, and it's too long to go in. I dont want to shell out for a roof rack cos i dont need one, and...
  15. marge602

CH1 Help!

Hi folks I'm having some grief with my back brakes. I got home early, so i could change the pads, but i can't for the life of me work out how to get the piston back into the caliper. It should wind back in to the handbrake mech, but it don't wanna know. It'll be dark in 2 hours Arrghh...
  16. marge602

CH1 ATR vs Grandads burgundy 1.8 S

Morning folks I wish to start a discussion, although someone may have a definitive answer, which would pretty much stop it dead. I've had my ATR for nearly three weeks now, and what i can't work out is this: whenever i see a standard Accord, for some reason they look different to mine. "Duh"...
  17. marge602

Tyres

Hello again. Can anyone recommend tyres for the ATR? They won't need replacing for a while, as it has a new pair of Pirelli P7000s on the front, and some things called Ventus K104s on the back. The ATR seems to have so much more grip than my Teg had, but i managed to light up the front end on...
  18. marge602

CH1 Interior badges

Hello folks Something's recently occurred to me. I thought all Type Rs had a small plaque somewhere inside the car, on the dash or centre console with the Type R logo and a build number stamped on it. My ATR certainly doesn't have one. I also recall that the first 50, or 100, (can't remember...
  19. marge602

CH1 It's here....

Hello folks Well, My ATR has arrived. It actually arrived on Tuesday, but i've been too busy to write anything. It's an impressive piece of engineering, that's for sure. It's quiet and refined, and reasonably comfortable despite its firm suspension and firmer seats. The stereo is good, and...
  20. marge602

CH1 Paint II

Morning all Thanks for all the info. I can't wait til my ATR is parked on the drive. Although it's not exactly important, it's a 2000 model so is pre-facelift, but it's Nighthawk Black. It's got a kind of blue metalflake in it, but is resolutely not purple in any way. I thought Nighthawk...
  21. marge602

CH1 Fuel II

Hi folks Well, i've taken the plunge. I've put a deposit on an ATR and i'll be picking it up next week. It's black, had one owner from new(apart from being a demonstrator)and only has 40k service-book-verified miles. Lovely. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between all the 97 RON...
  22. marge602

CH1 Paint colours

Hi folks I'm edging ever closer to my ATR. I drove an '02 Accord Sport yesterday at my local dealer, and there certainly wasn't much sport in it! My '94 DC2 would've murdered it. It was good to rule it out(cos it was in my list of possible next cars). The size, space, interior and driving...
  23. marge602

CH1 fuel consumption

Hi I'm still considering buying an ATR to replace my beloved 94 DC2 'Teg. I've been weighing up the pros and cons of so many different cars, wondering if i could live with a mainstream hatchback, considering going diesel etc etc. Things have now gone full circle(through Lexus, Mazda...
  24. marge602

4 door type R?

Hi I'm looking to replace my beloved 94 DC2 Si. I've had it nearly five years and due to how my situation has changed, really could do with 4 doors. I recall seeing a 4 door type R in the Trader a few years back. Does it exist, or is it a fake like the type R Preludes that people try to fool...
  25. marge602

CH1 Gearbox

Hi. I'm considering buying an ATR, but have heard some stories about gearbox rebuilds. Is it a known problem or was there a factory recall? If i'm gonna find £7-8k for the car i want, i could really do without having to potentially pay for the gearbox to be rebuilt. Any info would be most...
Back