• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Jmate

Suspension for beginners

Check grinspeed and abp out. They usually have some good packages. Totally transforms the car the frsu.
  2. Jmate

All you 230bhp ep3 owners.

That's exactly why I bought a ep3 already ready for track at £6k and sold my fairly standard one. Now have a 260bhp track machineeeee
  3. Jmate

All you 230bhp ep3 owners.

Civic cup cars are 230bhp and go good. With a right suspension setup and decent tyres and brakes you can have a great car.
  4. Jmate

Time for a Type R - 2008 FN2 GT

Excellent choice and my favourite colour on the fn2. As an all rounder the fn2 is amazing, especially with the GT pack. I would have one to complete a few track days per year and still feel comfortable using it everyday. Price wise beats the shiz out of a GTI for the mullah. I've never really...
  5. Jmate

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Lovely a close fit on that. Hopefully shouldn't scrap ever !!!
  6. Jmate

Bucket seats with just side mounts

I fit a full interior in the back of mine (unassembled of course) with seats...
  7. Jmate

Milano Track EP3 259bhp N/A

Yeah wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to keep up with saving for a house and holidays etc ! Over north east of england, Middlesbrough's. Class what have you booked up ?
  8. Jmate

Well no real progress as of yet with the car. Ordered some new pads which turned up, didn't fit. (St40 pads when I have the touring kit st41). So awaiting new pads. Still browsing seats. Not totally sure yet which ones to go for ! Also looking at steering wheels with boss kit. Undecided...
  9. Jmate

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

I've also been looking at federal rsr semi slicks and will be buying shortly ! What a bargain they are at the moment ! Some great progress here mate and we'll done on getting away with the points/ban... What track days are you booking this year ? A couple at cadwell for me the first part of...
  10. Jmate

Turbs' EP3 Stock > Track day conversion journey

Very nice mods. I'd be tempted to just get the civic cup pack on from TDI north and just leave it at that :) Really like the corbeau seats. Are these the xl version ? Bargain for the price !!
  11. Jmate

Bucket seats with just side mounts

Can you not just put a old seat in ?
  12. Jmate

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Class thread mate. Also run a cammed civic and a avant for daily. Great combo ! 270bhp is good, mines at 260 with the TDI cams. I wonder if the 3" exhaust is the only difference. Absolutely laughing my head of at the girl with the Nazi tattoo! Some great parts and bits you've added here...
  13. Jmate

DanOz's Type R - Metallic Blue FK2 GT

Lovely little trip out I need to get over that area and do some roads ! Evo triangle etc ! Lovely car and a great colour. Planning any Trackdays ? I've seen one on track but the guy wasn't pushing it unfortunetely.
  14. Jmate

Twistedmonkey ep3 type r Milano red

Great job on getting the car back up again ! Alot of people wouldnt bother. I do like the preface lift. Rear diffuser blades are smart also :)
  15. Jmate

Top speed what have people hit in Ep3 Type Rs i'm curious?

150 on the autobahn in a pretty standard ep3. Chasing a m5 with a full family and bike rack with bikes that went off into the distance...
  16. Jmate

Eibach prokit drop

Prokit is a abp special and is at around 30mm but i would personally say more.
  17. Jmate

Ep3 frsu in Leeds

I don't know anywhere buddy but I would recommend travelling to get it done at TDI/grinspeed/abp. Or you could get the settings off the web and ask any decent 4 wheel alignment place near you to set it up.
  18. Jmate

Suggestions for EP3 alloys?

Is be looking for some spoon or mugen wheels if I were you. The evo wheels are a pain with fitment but once on look good. Will need wider tyres also (215)
  19. Jmate

enkei rpf1 on ep3

I have been having the same problem trying to find a set of wheels for mine. Obv the evo alloys fit okay but they aren't the ideal size. I haven't been able to find anything with concrete proof of what will fit and what won't !
  20. Jmate

Brake upgrade options Ep3

I have the touring kit running 260 bhp and its more then enough so stop the car multiple times on track. Failing that OEM discs with pbs pads. Some decent fluid and lines. Take inspiration from the cup lads, I always find it the best way !!!
  21. Jmate

Suspension for beginners

I've got -1.3 all around for a car that's weekend and track use only. I've seen people with -2+ front and -1.5 rear camber. Beat bet would be to find out what the civic cup lads recommend as they have been setting some good lap times around the various circuits they have been to!
  22. Jmate

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Excellent car and bargain price ! If this was 6 months earlier if of been tempted instead of buying mine ! 335 will be a worthy replacement ! Personally for me its a Shame you never split I'd of had a shopping trolley full xD
  23. Jmate

Evo wheels, advice and pics please!

I have a set that came with the car. I have fitted them with coilovers. I have had to roll the rear arches to stop them rubbing. Overall feel is good and I'm enjoying them. I would probably have opted for some 7.5" alloys if given the choice so I wouldn't have to modify the arches. Using the...
  24. Jmate

Hah! I'm sure you have better plans buddy ! You need an atom ! I forgot that I have a few professional photos from on the day !
  25. Jmate

Had a good run out at croft yesterday ! It was a very wet day that only really dried up on the last run out. The car performed well and outran quite a few things, to the disappointment of a few drivers. Anyway I managed to get a video. https://youtu.be/wSQL0y4Qkww So after this I have...
  26. Jmate

coilovers issue??

They are all out on the civic mine needed a lot more thread to get the adjustment ! If they are going past means you need shorter rods. I've got the Meister r set up with longer threaded (inwards so shorter) and the adjustment is good.
  27. Jmate

Loxy's Estoril Blue F20 M135i LCI - Another car that never was

Class buddy ! Sure it won't disappoint you!
  28. Jmate

coilovers issue??

http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=5118.0 Hard race do some through funky power who may be able to give more advice. Or contact area motor sport and such like who will have parts in for this...
  29. Jmate

coilovers issue??

This might help a little... http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87315 There is someone who does long track rod ends to give more adjustment. I got some with the car but there still wasn't enough adjustment so the garage I went to put more on. I know they use a solid type rod that...
  30. Jmate

Loxy's Estoril Blue F20 M135i LCI - Another car that never was

Best choice and best colour ! The 5 door I think looks stunning in these and the engine is one of the greatest in any <£50k car going... Absolute beast!!!! Great choice mate you won't be disappointed ! I'd be very tempted by one if I wanted something more sensible for everyday use ! Did...
  31. Jmate

Won't make this mistake again

I usually just email and ask them to ring me avoiding costs ! It is shocking they charge !
  32. Jmate

ARC intake

Bring on the days of 3d printing ! Then all of this will be available at home xD
  33. Jmate

EP3 Ukdm/jdm suspension

I noticed a nice change from the rear jdm anti roll bar so that extra thickness must help :) Wouldn't be able to comment on the rest ! FRSU or coilovers really instills a confidence in these cars that is hard to match.
  34. Jmate

EP3 quick estimate ?

4-4.5k these cars are starting to hold value alright ! Never mind the book prices!
  35. Jmate

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Love the sound system ! A nice subtle install I could do with something similar in the daily ! Track sessions are good mate bet it feels better with the LSD and the refined gearbox !
  36. Jmate

Aftermarket exhaust manifold that retains catalytic converter

Half of the kits out don't seem to pass mots, may be better changing over cats at mot time. Tegiwa manifold is excellent for the money.
  37. Jmate

Whats the best Coilovers for Ep3 Type R Mainly road driven not tack?

I'd agree on the dampners and eibach kit for road use...
  38. Jmate

Have £4.5-£5k to spend

I would vote for a mx5 eunos. Blistiens and LSD standard. Alot of car for money and a tidy one starts around 2k. Mk1 seem to have less rust.
  39. Jmate

Yeah I did do cadwell earlier in the year in it ! Where you in a civic also ? And thanks guys really enjoying it! Makes a change from it being sat on the drive xD
  40. Jmate

When you lower more then 30mm the track rods sit at a severe angle ? I wouldn't see how this would be different for any coilovers kit and I haven't seen anything stating yellowspeed have resolved this issue with their sets ? How far are you lowered? I only have the miester r set at 40mm. I...
  41. Jmate

Well after owning this car for a good few months now I've finally got it into shape and got some much needed track time. I had a cosmic grey with FRSU, JDM ARB, Gruppe M and a 2.25" custom exhaust. I really wanted more power and coilovers. After looking at spending £4000+ for these...
  42. Jmate

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

160 miles to a tank on track. Not sure about a normal running...
  43. Jmate

Do they not suffer from bump steer?
  44. Jmate

Infinity Racing road legal track car build thread

Looks very similar to mine stripped out ! I will make a progress thread also ! Have a look at Eric snails build thread on the ctro forums. It's a good guide as to what you can cut out from the chassis for even more weight reduction :)
  45. Jmate

300mm stop tech brakes are they good

Excellent I've used mine on teesside Autodrome and out braked everything on the track ! Leading to better lines and faster straights ! Teesside is rather hard on the brakes I had a little bit of smoke but no over heating and the wear is minimal. So I am very impressed with them overall.
  46. Jmate

I have Meister r for a weekend type r that does track days and can't fault them ! You do need the tegiwa rack raiser and track rods with adjustable longer thread mind.
  47. Jmate

MeisterR Coilovers improvement around the Nurburg Ring?

So if we don't get around in a type r that fast we should just sell up and buy a Skoda yeti ?
  48. Jmate

Point in the right direction

Do it yourself ! Easy enough to do and for the price of a full valet you can buy all the gear !
  49. Jmate

Bit of advice

Go solid fab throughout :) sure there is a group buy for the 4-2-1 manifold.
  50. Jmate

Bit of advice

4-2-1 manifold - tegiwa one has good reviews 3" straight through exhaust - TDI or a decent 2.5inch (fujitsubo). GruppeM or Tegiwa Air Filter - tegiwa or 2nd hand gruppe. RRC Inlet Manifold - yup or cheap skunk one. Thermal inlet manifold gasket Inlet/airbox Hoses K100 If you get it all...
  51. Jmate

Yeah you get the new brackets and its all easy to put on ! :)
  52. Jmate

Fitted it myself. Fitting wise was pretty easy! 4 bolts, abit of copper slip, fit braided brake line again and then bleed it out. Everything fitted as expected and I had a set of evo alloys ready to clear the calipers :)
  53. Jmate

What exhaust?? Ep3

The tegiwa and TDI systems seem to be good for the money! Or the fujitsubo. (Which would be my choice) I have the dc system and its alright, but not the best I'd say sound wise Inc everyday use ! I have a custom 2.25" twin that sounded excellent ona pretty standard car !
  54. Jmate

I want to change the brakes on my ep3?

Standard disks Stoptech or ferado pads Braided lines 5dot fluid I've ran this set up on days out and 10+ trqckdays ! Nothing wrong at all with it and have been really impressed throughout !
  55. Jmate

I have the touring kit fitted ! Haven't done too many miles or any trqckdays with this fitted yet but overall I.oression is good ! Alot more confident breaking power and that's from hardly touching the pedal ! I would probably wait to get the bigger kit though like other lads in here have done :)
  56. Jmate

Arrons Cosmic Grey EP3

Looks great ! Beat colour and a awesome car !
  57. Jmate

My Milano Red CTR

Love this, mine is battered. As it is a track car though I dont mind to much! :)
  58. Jmate

Lowering springs Eibach pro kit 15mm drop or Eibach sport 30mm which ones?

after having the 30mm wish I had went for 15mm for everyday use. Watch out on ABP motorsport for xmas offers if you can wait that long...
  59. Jmate

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

Not surprised RS alloys said they would charge that much for something so custom like that ! Remember to say your on the vagcars forum for your 10% discount haha! I had a set refurbed off them for £170. Thats for 4...
  60. Jmate

Nankang NS2R what sizes for standard wheels??? VS yokohama advan neova ad08r

The ns2r give amazing grip and generally have been received with a lot of positive reviews. I've used them on ten track days and can't fault them at all. 215 will be spot on !
  61. Jmate

400 cell cat experiences/thoughts

No unfortunately not !
  62. Jmate

Slick tyres/wet tyres for track days?

I would probably stick with the rsr's or get the nankang ns2r semi slicks. Thing is you can go smaller width but the price increases alot ! So I'd stick with the 225. Camskills is usually good. Tyreleader also !
  63. Jmate

Back in the hot seat. CW DC5 :)

Absolutely amazing car ! You might be able to get another silencer put in if noise is an issue ! If it hasn't got decent rubber on this could affect the 'road noise' also. Which may change your views on the catback :)
  64. Jmate

Mugen 200

Absolutely lovely looking car. I am the same didn't like the fn2 at first but when you compare price to what else is on the market they are simply superb! Loving the mugen bits !
  65. Jmate

400 cell cat experiences/thoughts

I used a sports cat from pipewerx and it passed straight through emissions on the mot. Was £200 custom made :)
  66. Jmate

EP3 high mileage k20s? Ok or stay away?

I have one on 94k which is solid and bought one on 115k that feels the same! Oil as people have said is a must. I really think some of these cars will have some high Milages in the years to come with no problems ! (Even with modifications )
  67. Jmate

EP3 Ep3 induction

I would just do the hondata mod if I where you . these cars generate a lot of heat you want to avoid as much tranferal as possible !
  68. Jmate

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

I like the tool idea I will be purchasing soon to refurb mine xD !! Looks great !
  69. Jmate

Looking to get a new exhaust.....help please

I bought a custom 2.25" standard twin pipe looking exhaust with sports cat from pipewerx ! Lifetime warentee and a year on still looking good ! Overall noise is 89-92db depending on noise test differences at tracks ! If not this get one from eightspeed or somewhere !
  70. Jmate

Sticking Calliper Help? Calliper Rebuild Maybe?

Cps drivelink do like for like swap on freshly rebuilt calipers ! Rears cost £48 each.
  71. Jmate

Track tyre recommendations please

Nankangs are excellent used them on around 7 days with 3-4mm left ! I'm going to have a set of type s wheels for sale with them on soon actually :)
  72. Jmate

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

Great vids from cadwell ! Done it myself last month and what an excellent track ! Great build thread and progress :)
  73. Jmate

Loxy's Type R #4

I had to bin all of my exhaust when it came of last year as it was beyond repair ! Got a new system from pipewerx which I was happy with and a sports car which passed mot ! Lifetime guarantee also ! Looks great this :)
  74. Jmate

Another Cosmic Grey CTR!

Ha was a nice car, stuck it back to standard a while ago. Just didn't need a diesel anymore and this ticks all the boxes ! Thanks!
  75. Jmate

Another Cosmic Grey CTR!

Well bought a CTR few weeks ago, thought I'd shot it up on here. Anyway Bye bye corsa! And hello CTR! Spent a few hours cleaning it. Still got the alloys and tyres to do as they were a nightmare :( First Mod - Pioneer 4500 headunit. Bargain for the spec! CC'd the fascia...
Back