• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sticking Calliper Help? Calliper Rebuild Maybe?

I was informed by Honda on my last service my callipers were sticking so I paid them to have them stripped down and cleaned! Just had my car back in the garage to a friend of mines garage and I had some front discs and pads fitted and he said one of my front callipers is still sticking, would a calliper rebuild be beneficial here any thoughts? I am getting new pads all round and discs fitted to the rears in 2 weeks so if its worth rebuilding callipers will do it all at once, what kits do people generally go for? Don't want to waste the time and money on this and still need new callipers as they are expensive enough!

Some people buy a caliper rebuild kit, clean an rebuild but on occasions the problem comes back. It's the cheapest option but the issue could come back in days, weeks, months or it could be o.k for a while, it will be up to you if you think it's worth the risk.

Other options are buying new OEM but, as you know, their expensive. This option will cost the most but will probably cure the problem for the longest amount of time.

Or you could buy a set of refurbed calipers from your general motor factors. These are genuine OEM calipers that have gone to a factory and been fully refurbed.

I had a sticky rear caliper, cleaned it and re fitted and the problem came back within 2 weeks, I then chose the 3rd option as, at the time, I couldn't afford brand new OEM and it's been fine since. It was back over a year ago and the caliper cost me around £70-£80 iirc.

Cps drivelink do like for like swap on freshly rebuilt calipers ! Rears cost £48 each.

Back