• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

FD2 FD2 FRSU?

Speak to Stevie at Grinspeed - he'll be able to help you out.
  2. T

FN2 Hondata thermal gasket

I've had one for around six years - my RRC gets very hot on track so I'd say it doesn't do much at all!
  3. T

FN2 Baffled sump, worth the investment?

Good decision - not worth the risk. While it's apart you should do the FD oil pump too...makes a big difference to the engine's characteristics. Bedford isn't one I do - Cadwell, Oulton, Mallory if you're ever at one of those?
  4. T

If you're on Facebook, send him a message: he's pretty good at getting in touch. Think there's a phone number on there too. My FN is black with black wheels - there are lots about that look the same!
  5. T

Like I said in your other thread: worth it. I was told if you're going to track the FN2, especially with semi-slick or full slick tyres, it's a very good idea to have one. I did mine at the same time as an FD2 oil pump, cams and a new timing chain. It meant the labour was already covered as...
  6. T

FN2 I broke my FN2 today :(

Really sorry to read your tale of woe mate. I've had gearbox issues with mine and was afraid of this very thing happening on track. Fingers crossed you get it fixed soon. Make sure you get a Clockwise Motion baffled sump insert when you rebuild. I know it wasn't the engine that caused this, but...
  7. T

FN2 Clutch Bypass Hose

I did this recently as part of a pile of gearbox / clutch work. Hard to tell what it's done, but it's cheap enough so worth a punt and try it out.
  8. T

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

Somewhere like Motordrive in Leyland can make you a custom seat fitted exactly to your specification - might be an idea if you're struggling with the stock one.
  9. T

FN2 Driven Crazy Scoop - FN2

They sometimes come up for sale on eBay and I think someone in Russia was doing a copy of the original a while back.
  10. T

FN2 Engine Mods

Just a quick thought - you could also go for some used FD2 cams. That'll save you a good bit of cash over the TDI North ones and will still get you pretty decent power with the right supporting mods.
  11. T

FN2 Solid Fabrications 3in exhaust for FN2

Thanks for the info Loxy...that was what I feared! But it's so tempting with the easy gains available over the HKS exhaust I've got. I'll have to give this a lot of thought before I go any further.
  12. T

FN2 Solid Fabrications 3in exhaust for FN2

Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding a Solid Fabrications 3in single exit exhaust. A friend has one for sale second hand and it's a really good deal. The questions I've got are: 1) Will it suit my other mods of Tegiwa exhaust manifold; FD2 cams, oil pump, throttle body and inlet...
  13. T

FN2 Modify the FN2 or upgrade to DC5 / S2K / Similar

The Eibachs are great value for money IMHO. Re: exhausts, if you have a look on YouTube there are plenty of videos so you can see if there's anything that takes your fancy. The HKS is pretty good, although not the cheapest system around. Once mapped you'll see a big difference in the car - I've...
  14. T

Hi TRD, Glad you're keeping the FN2 - I think you're right that it's a good compromise in most areas. Regarding the FRSU, it's one of the first things I did and I didn't bother with Eibach springs first time around. Don't make the same mistake I did and get them done there and then! It saves...
  15. T

Hi there - I've read your thread and can offer some hopefully useful thoughts on it... I had a MY 2006 S2000 for three years and now have a 2010 FN2 I've sunk six grand into over three years in an attempt to make it as good as the S2000 was! Having gone in the opposite direction to the one...
Back