• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Solid Fabrications 3in exhaust for FN2

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding a Solid Fabrications 3in single exit exhaust. A friend has one for sale second hand and it's a really good deal. The questions I've got are:

1) Will it suit my other mods of Tegiwa exhaust manifold; FD2 cams, oil pump, throttle body and inlet manifold, and HKS RSK? I've been told by a tuner than I *should* pick up some mid-range. I'm currently running an HKS Legamax.

2) The crucial question. Is the exhaust liveable in terms of noise? I know it'll be loud, but would I be facing complaints from my neighbours and the missus?! :) My mate said he never had a problem in this regard, but I don't want to end up in a situation where I'm wincing every time I start the car.

If anyone has / has had this exhaust could you let me have your thoughts? Thanks in advance. Tom

I had one on my last FN2 with pretty much the same mods and I bought a new exhaust to replace it within 12 hours of having it fitted.

It was a really well made exhaust don't get me wrong. Fairly quiet when giving it the beans, and I can imagine it being track friendly, however at normal driving speeds and between 2-3k rpm it was tinnitus inducing. I would drive home from work (12 miles on A roads) and my ears were ringing. You couldn't set off from a set of lights without everyone looking round or people thinking you were racing them. Such a shame.

I was told it was loud, I've had loud exhausts before, but it was on another level and you just couldn't drive it quietly, no matter how light on the throttle you tried to be. I ended up driving around in 2nd gear in 30 limits just to keep it out of the loud rev range until my new exhaust arrived.

It will give you a good amount of gains with those mods though.

Thanks for the info Loxy...that was what I feared! But it's so tempting with the easy gains available over the HKS exhaust I've got. I'll have to give this a lot of thought before I go any further.

Back