• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. scabbytramp

Advice / help / tips

Pick someone's brain! Fn2 won't start with start switch / It starts if you bump it & just changed battery. Any ideas ? When starting with the start switch, just seems to try tick once then dies. Tried to use jump leads from another car & no luck also, same thing.
  2. scabbytramp

M.o.t fail on handbrake light

Anyone have any idea or info on handbrake light staying on for m.o.t ? . Trying to find the source of the problem. But having no joy . Handbrake sensor working. Brake fluid sensor working and just below max. 7.5amp fuse ( #10 under dash is not blown ) Traced handbrake wire all way to...
  3. scabbytramp

[request] pre facelift to facelift mirror conversion

having trouble figuring this one out, indicators on facelift are simple to wire, but cant seem to wire up , heater and controls for mirror rotation . anyone else done it ?
  4. scabbytramp

Twegia Vs gruppe M

I know tweigia rips off gruppe m, but what is actually better if both same? about to purchase one. and just wondering. are these kits really worth it ? for the price you pay , or im I better of getting a manifold ? and tons of other stuff for cheaper? everyone has these, which is why I...
  5. scabbytramp

maskeing tape residue

so I put a new boot badge on, and to hold it down, left masking tape on, , upon peeling it away its lot a lot of the residue behind, which you can clearly see. anyone got any ideas the best way of removing this ? as im having trouble getting it off,
  6. scabbytramp

issues with vtec

a while back I noticed, that my vtec would cut in late. now its very noticeable. espically when I was coming off a roundabout. like today it would cut in late, then when in vtec, it will cut out then cut back in a second later . . . . any ideas why ? or my next steps to finding a solution...
  7. scabbytramp

will these wheels fit a ep3 ?

I saw someone else on here has them, but hes rarely on to ask could anyone confirm ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181229344198?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181229344198?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
  8. scabbytramp

Candy Spray paint

is ebay the best place to get this? ive been to 2 auto shops today, that sell spray paint. and they were like wtf is candy spray paint ?!?! also. what would be effect be , ive been using a simple primer, paint colour, liquer , would I need a high gloss finish ? any sprayers got any tips?
  9. scabbytramp

any ideas where i could find this part?

ive been trying for ages to find this part, it was missing when I bought the car, ive modified the cover, and it cant go back on until theres 2 clips, as one part of the cover will touch the inlet manifold/engine and heat up and prob ( taking no chances ) melt ... you take the inlet cover off...
  10. scabbytramp

ScabbyTramp' 02 Civic Type R (EP3)

Hey, So I bought a car about a month ago, £3995 1 owner, low miles, standard civic ep3 02 I came from an ep2 black aswell. as you can see from the picture below. (the day I got it) being a guy, I like tinkering, so what better way to spend all my money and time, on ! ( and the girlfriends...
  11. scabbytramp

is this center console custom ?

Where can I get one ? Or im I going to have to stop chopping mine up? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_SZH5I-ybps&feature=relmfu
  12. scabbytramp

A Way To Fix The De-cat EML !

I thought I got a fix for it, but its come back on again! arghh its been a good 3 weeks, and its been off. and then today , its come back on. what is the fix most people do for it, apart from turning it off via ECU its coming off at the weekend and on egay, if its not done! :asw: * bye bye...
  13. scabbytramp

How - To - Take Seats Apart & Restich ! job Legnth = LONG!

ok, so with my interior going yellow , see previous how too door card, I wanted my seats done please note they are people that can do this for you £100-£150. I choosed the girlfriend. cause she asks for nothing & can say shes helped with my car! :p *used* muwhaha ( MUST READ THIS - When taking...
  14. scabbytramp

power cable

what gauge are the battery wires , as I want to relocate. regards
  15. scabbytramp

instrument cluster. bad idea? ?

so im trying to change some things on the instrument cluster, and was just wondering how tricky the needles are(if possible) to get off. as I don't wanna try, and snap them . anyone had any luck ?
  16. scabbytramp

How To Re-Fabric Interior Door Cards... ( Type R )

So after changing the colour of my interior ( adding a colour ) I hate the fact prem editions had red, and I want yellow. it was a bit tricky to do at first, then I just went at it . and .... just went with it. ( if I destroyed it, I didn't mind, least I learnt ) this is the first time ive ever...
  17. scabbytramp

door styling anyone one it yet?

has anyone done this, i.e ( re-fabricated there standard black/grey crap on the door ? the door card is easy to get off, but im baffaled on how to get the plastic trim/martial off. I was thinking about melting it off ( cutting it out from back to front ) but im unsure if this would be the...
  18. scabbytramp

so many issues! ahghhh assistance?

1. how do you get the lights out of the dials? they don't seem to be like the ones in the center console ect. 2. I seem to be missing 2 lights from my dials. ( could someone confirm what they are ) if needed or if prev owner took out ? 3. my srs light is being a pain after installing an...
  19. scabbytramp

dashboard Lights. ( center console lights ect )

anyone know what voltage these take, and if theres any resistor boards put on to reduce the voltage to the lights? p.s ( the ones in center conole .and light adjuster , fog lights, ect. ) 3mm /4/5 mm regards
  20. scabbytramp

engine code

where would I find out what type of engine I have, what are the diffrence's in the k20 k20a k20a2 is it ? 2002 Civic. :o
  21. scabbytramp

bonnet vent front

would anyone happen to know what this is called. basically you cut say for example 30cm in the top front bit of the bonnet hood. and then you put like a moulding or fibre glass or some sort, to allow air to pass in. ( not bonnet vent ) ill try find a picture!
  22. scabbytramp

aftermarket steering wheel

anyone know an easy way around the SRS light, as its a fail on m.o.t's these day's isn't it ?
  23. scabbytramp

PRE-FACELIFT LIGHTS TO FACELIFT EP3

hey new to the forums, just wondering if anyone has any idea how to wire the 2003+ facelift ep3 lights to the 2002 -preface loom, ive spliced the wires, and got indicators working, side lights, for some reason my h1 bulbs wont seem to fit in the projector section, there woobly. but the main...
Back