• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. G

exhuast rattle at idle

I am actually hoping its something like that heat shield and not something like the cat. I havent had it in the air but have looked underneath which I know wont tell me much but I cant see anything obvious.
  2. G

exhuast rattle at idle

EP3 124000 The exhaust appears to rattle when the engine is warmed up and the car is stationary like when in traffic or at lights. The car was just below the min on oil but have since filled it to the top. I dont have a heat shield over the cat as it fell off. What could this issue be?
  3. G

Help hieadlight issue

For the last 3 months I have had my headlight go out, today I realized it wasn't working again so I replaced it however now when I put my headlights on full beam the headligh and full beam one go out. What could be the issue here? is it a fuse or something? Thanks for any help Civic type r...
  4. G

brake issue opinions please

I didn't really have time to inspect anything as my mother is terminally ill and I had to rush back home, but I did see that the drivers front side disc had a big groove and that the pad wear indicators looked knackered. So I guess they were rubbing the disc and maybe I had something like a...
  5. G

got new bembo pads all round and had to get from discs which I went for brembo too. One of the front discs had a massive groove on the inside.
  6. G

in regards to the issue when its rained overnight and the brakes seem to be bound this has always happened this really doesn't concern me but with the issue thats happening at the moment I am going to change the pads and see what happens. Does anyone have any opinions on BOSCH pads on...
  7. G

Thanks have been looking at the brembo pads from eurocar parts.
  8. G

Thanks I have been looking at brembo can get full set for £70
  9. G

When I am braking especially down a hill to stop at a junction I am hearing a rubbing noise it sort of feels as if the wheels a still spinning as I come to a stop. A couple of weeks ago my ABS light came on so I stopped the car, turned the engine off then restarted. It has not come on since. I...
  10. G

Pulling to the left

I went over a big pothole the other day and my ep3 is pulling to the left, its not very bad but it bad enough to notice. If I set off in first with no hands on the wheel the steering wheel turns to left quite dramatically. There seems to be no bent rods and everything seems to be tight (although...
  11. G

is my car going to start costing me?

best tires I have had were an my old beemer they were falken 452s but you can't seem to find them in many places anymore. They just felt like pierelli 6000s which were a good one too.
  12. G

yeah they get a good rep and they seem to be honest, because the last garage I went to told me I need I should not be using falken 914s on it and I should be using p zeros. Scott underwood said thats rubbish Falkens are ok.
  13. G

I am in Kirkoswald near penrith cumbria, this is where I have the car being done, they get a good name https://www.facebook.com/ScottUnderwoodAutoRepairs
  14. G

I stopped going to honda about 4 of years ago since they started lying to me about things that were not wrong with the car such as my cat is dying and needs replaced. So I went to a local garage my manager at work recommended its just one guy and a an apprentice. I have taken it to a new place...
  15. G

So have had an issue for a few weeks that started after my service which turns out my brake callipers, discs and pads on the front are knackered I am getting them replaced tomorrow. My ep3 has 95k on the clock and this is the first major thing that has happened. My question is do you think my...
  16. G

this is annoying me now

would this be why I get the whistling sound after 15 miles then? do you think that the pads or callipers are not making proper contact with the discs?
  17. G

this is annoying me now

Sorry Loxy I seem to be messing you about but I have got my definitions wrong, it's actually toe that I am getting the tires are waring from the inside out. Would you still recommend I get the adjustment kit? Someone said to me that the toe is adjustable nut camber isn't.
  18. G

this is annoying me now

I know I am gonna sound like a tool but aren't those dme arms etc for when the car has been lowered? mine is stock
  19. G

this is annoying me now

I understand now, as you can probably tell I know sod all about cars apart from how to drive them. I can just about do the oil and change a wheel if I have to bit thats about the limit of my knowledge.
  20. G

this is annoying me now

Am I actually going to need parts? I was just under the impression I needed the alignment done.
  21. G

this is annoying me now

what sort of price would I be looking at?
  22. G

this is annoying me now

I am in Cumbria, Penrith to be exact.
  23. G

this is annoying me now

just went down to the local tire place to show them my tires at the back, as I noticed stepping on them. It looks as if the camber has been out although I did have an anti roll bar link issue. They suggested I need new tires and should go for decent ones. They quoted me £90 per tire or £72 for...
  24. G

this is annoying me now

so with the back left being done, should I have had the back right done? could there be a load difference?
  25. G

this is annoying me now

I am going to do that today. 2 weeks ago my back left tire exploded when I hit a pot hole through wrea (cumbria) and I had to get a new one put on with a tow truck that came out. I am just wondering whether the back tire is imbalanced with the 3 older tires which at about 14 months old and are...
  26. G

this is annoying me now

could it be the break pad wear indicator?
  27. G

this is annoying me now

So I was getting a knock from the from left and a whistling from the front right. The new anti roll bar link I had put in wasn't tightened correctly so that got sorted knock has gone. The mechanic said he couldn't hear a whistling (obviously didn't drive the car too much when he took it for a...
  28. G

Anybody had a wrecked tailgate due to hinges?

yes the bolts were rusted that they were starting to cause the tailgate to move when I was driving as you could hear the noise so I got them changed. The hinges in the boot had to be gassed as they were sticking.
  29. G

whistling noise from wheel

I have another noise like a rattle coming from underneath on the passenger side now. Hoping its the heatshield since it doesn't have any bolts in it (not sure how its stays on) another issue I have is I am totally skint until I get paid at the end of July, my wages this month are not enough to...
  30. G

I am not getting any shaking out of the car would that rule out the bearing?
  31. G

I will get it checked, cheers
  32. G

Anybody had a wrecked tailgate due to hinges?

I had to get new bolts in mine as they had worn.
  33. G

I have been having an issue for a couple of days, haven't done anything yet as I was trying to isolate the noise. I am getting a whistling noise from a wheel I think it's the back drivers side. The noise is very inconsistent but does get quite loud at times, it doesn't happen when I brake. The...
  34. G

mpg question

hopefully I can barrow a fiver of a mate at work. One thing that puzzles me about the fuel gauge in the ep3 is that when its full it seems to stay full for a couple of days then it just drops like a stone. I have always found that odd. Now the guy who had it before me only did 3000 miles a year...
  35. G

mpg question

I am really strapped until I get paid on Thursday (I have no cash what so ever. I have about a quarter of a tank left in my ep3 and I have about 96 miles to drive between now and then. What are my chances on making it? BTW my journeys consist of about 5 miles of country driving (hills and sharp...
  36. G

Timing belt question

cool, cheers.
  37. G

Timing belt question

Cheers, I very rarely v-tec it anymore due to petrol costs and I very rarely take it over 5000rpm but I do 12k a year
  38. G

Timing belt question

mine is an ep3 should have mentioned. I think it's due at 75k my car was serviced today with 78k on it.
  39. G

Timing belt question

I am a bit strapped so I only managed to get a short service done this time, however I think my timing belt is due. What consequences would there be if I left it until the next service?
  40. G

what happens if

Just a quickie what service do you think my car will need? the one before last was a major service and last one one was a medium. The car has 78397 on it.
  41. G

what happens if

thanks for that.
  42. G

what happens if

I always keep the oil topped up and keep an eye on everything else. I am no good with cars, computers are my thing. The car has never had an issue and still runs just as good as when I bought it in 2010. Although the heat shield rattles because it needs new bolts and hond said the new bolts...
  43. G

what happens if

You don't service your car for a while? My service was due about 3 weeks ago but I am a bit strapped at the moment so it could be another month or two before I get it serviced and I do a 1000 mile a month. FYI I owned the car since 24k now has 78k on it, the guy who had it before me only did...
  44. G

Need a bit of advice.

My mileage is only £74k. I doubt is the CAT but someone at Honda told me they were only designed to last 50k which I thinks BS. No one would buy a car like that if it was common knowledge
  45. G

Need a bit of advice.

Aye am begging to realise that.
  46. G

Need a bit of advice.

weird the repeater is working again. Went over a little speed bump at Asda and it started working.
  47. G

Need a bit of advice.

A lad I know has a type r and he said he just yanked his heatshield off, not sure why he did but he has an aftermarket exhaust on his so that could be the reason. I think I will just take it off and see if I ever get a rattle again, if I dont then I know they were trying to rip me off. I am...
  48. G

Need a bit of advice.

ah cool, the guy at honda said he had never heard of it before and he was supposed to be the no.1 mechanic. Its weird though that it only ever happens when its been raining a lot. Wonder if its sticking because of condensation.
  49. G

Need a bit of advice.

What about the cat do you think he was mistaken or do you reckon their trying to rip me off, the car runs like a dream, never has misfired and sounds like it always has. I do occasionally get a scraping sound when I fire it up but thats only ever when its been raining. I asked the mechanic if...
  50. G

Need a bit of advice.

yes thats the one
  51. G

Need a bit of advice.

hi thanks for the reply. the shield is the one under the front seats..
  52. G

Need a bit of advice.

I have a 55 plate ep3 type r About a year ago some old guy clipped my drivers side wing mirror. I went to my local Honda dealer on another matter about two weeks later and they said. The repeater isn't working you will have to get the whole unit replaced. I went outside and the repeater was...
Back