• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. G

exhuast rattle at idle

EP3 124000 The exhaust appears to rattle when the engine is warmed up and the car is stationary like when in traffic or at lights. The car was just below the min on oil but have since filled it to the top. I dont have a heat shield over the cat as it fell off. What could this issue be?
  2. G

Help hieadlight issue

For the last 3 months I have had my headlight go out, today I realized it wasn't working again so I replaced it however now when I put my headlights on full beam the headligh and full beam one go out. What could be the issue here? is it a fuse or something? Thanks for any help Civic type r...
  3. G

brake issue opinions please

When I am braking especially down a hill to stop at a junction I am hearing a rubbing noise it sort of feels as if the wheels a still spinning as I come to a stop. A couple of weeks ago my ABS light came on so I stopped the car, turned the engine off then restarted. It has not come on since. I...
  4. G

Pulling to the left

I went over a big pothole the other day and my ep3 is pulling to the left, its not very bad but it bad enough to notice. If I set off in first with no hands on the wheel the steering wheel turns to left quite dramatically. There seems to be no bent rods and everything seems to be tight (although...
  5. G

is my car going to start costing me?

So have had an issue for a few weeks that started after my service which turns out my brake callipers, discs and pads on the front are knackered I am getting them replaced tomorrow. My ep3 has 95k on the clock and this is the first major thing that has happened. My question is do you think my...
  6. G

this is annoying me now

So I was getting a knock from the from left and a whistling from the front right. The new anti roll bar link I had put in wasn't tightened correctly so that got sorted knock has gone. The mechanic said he couldn't hear a whistling (obviously didn't drive the car too much when he took it for a...
  7. G

whistling noise from wheel

I have been having an issue for a couple of days, haven't done anything yet as I was trying to isolate the noise. I am getting a whistling noise from a wheel I think it's the back drivers side. The noise is very inconsistent but does get quite loud at times, it doesn't happen when I brake. The...
  8. G

mpg question

I am really strapped until I get paid on Thursday (I have no cash what so ever. I have about a quarter of a tank left in my ep3 and I have about 96 miles to drive between now and then. What are my chances on making it? BTW my journeys consist of about 5 miles of country driving (hills and sharp...
  9. G

Timing belt question

I am a bit strapped so I only managed to get a short service done this time, however I think my timing belt is due. What consequences would there be if I left it until the next service?
  10. G

what happens if

You don't service your car for a while? My service was due about 3 weeks ago but I am a bit strapped at the moment so it could be another month or two before I get it serviced and I do a 1000 mile a month. FYI I owned the car since 24k now has 78k on it, the guy who had it before me only did...
  11. G

Need a bit of advice.

I have a 55 plate ep3 type r About a year ago some old guy clipped my drivers side wing mirror. I went to my local Honda dealer on another matter about two weeks later and they said. The repeater isn't working you will have to get the whole unit replaced. I went outside and the repeater was...
Back