• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. C

Springs : Eibach Pro Vs Spoon Progressive Vs OEM for DC5

I was out washing my DC5 this afternoon and I noticed a logo on one of the rear springs. RS-R. Seems the black springs are referred to as RS-R down springs and mainly used as lowering springs. So eh, maybe add those to the list of springs to not use on a DC5.
  2. C

Spike85, my FN2 did something similar on stock springs. There was a Honda bulletin relating to the damper pistons drying out and needing greased. I always got that noise leaving the driveway in the morning.
  3. C

Thanks for the reply Chris. Did you notice any discernible differences compared to stock springs? The negative rake wouldn't bother me if I'm honest.
  4. C

Firstly, apologies. I searched for comparisons for what I am looking for and nothing came up so if this has been asked a million times before, Sorry to drag it up again. The reason I ask is, last month I imported a 2002 Integra R DC5 through Torque GT. I'm really pleased with the car, it's...
  5. C

DC5 front disks - standard size?

Ok, I'll drop them back to my local ECP. I see Cox have them back in stock so I will get theirs. They haven't sent me to wrong items yet. Cheers for your help.
  6. C

So they are wrong then? What's the right size then? As I said, everywhere else at the time was out of stock.
  7. C

I picked up a new-to-me DC5 last week. The front disks and pads will need changed in the new future. Most places were out of stock but Eurocarparts had a number of brands including Brembo so I ordered a set of them. When I got them last night, They had a label on them for 'Honda Civic Type R...
  8. C

FN2 rear bench catch rattle

Apologies if this has been asked and resolved by someone else already. The rear seats in the FN2 fold down, by releasing them from their catches via a pullswitch at the top of the seat back, as you all know. Passenger side (smaller "half" is fine, driver side however rattles over uneven...
  9. C

The dreaded "Passenger Footwell Leak" issue

Probably not. Mine is only at 70k but I didn't bother going to Honda about it, on the basis the car is 9 years old now. If anything, finding the point where the water was getting in was a bigger pain that actually resolving it. £13 tube of seal and some youtube videos. If I can do it (I'm not...
  10. C

I sealed all the way back to that weld, just in case the water was moving the whole length of the roof rail. No sure if it's possible but I wasn't going to run out of seal. I did have a leak a year ago where the rear driver's side seat belt was damp when unravelled. I got my service guy to seal...
  11. C

I thought I'd update this thread just for anyone else that comes up against the same issue in future. I found a decent video on Youtube of an American guy removing the roof molding from his Accord. This process is virtually identical for the FN2 and I would imagine all FN/FK models...
  12. C

I've been looking for a guide on removing the molding strip from the roof. I thought there was one where a guy removed them to clean under it, but could have been a different forum. Either way, I can't find any. Does anyone know how they come off? I don't want to break all the clips by just...
  13. C

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I really appreciate your help.
  14. C

Cheers for looking. I assume running sealant the whole way down the channel over the join would be fine or is there a particular process to resealing this?
  15. C

Sorry to chase, jizzy, but I don't suppose you had any luck with that bulletin or any other guide that would help? Many thanks.
  16. C

Ok, last question for tonight. This windscreen reseal - if the water is collecting where it is, is it possible it's getting in past a perished windscreen seal? I don't want to throw money away if that's not the likely cause. Thanks to everyone for replying so far.
  17. C

Cheers, really appreciate it.
  18. C

Thanks for that. Would you happen to have the bulletin? I don't suppose it's something a Honda dealer acts upon for free, even on a 9 year old car?
  19. C

I've owned my 07 FN2 for just over 2 years and I absolutely love driving it. However it's developed a fault in the last few months that's turned into a headache and is souring the ownership somewhat. It started a few months back when I was vacuuming out the car and removed the mats to clean...
  20. C

Wet rear seat belt.

I had this very problem last year on my 07 FN2, driver side rear belt. When pulled out, the bit that was inside the spool would be wet. I thought it was the seam under the run strip leaking, but the guy I normally service my car with reckoned it could be the umbilical lead to the tailgate. He...
  21. C

FN2 rear seat squeek with passengers

Cheers Loxy, I'll take a look tonight. I didn't realise they folded up as well. Helpful as always, thanks again.
  22. C

FN2 rear seat squeek with passengers

I've noticed the rear seats of my Civic Type R FN2 squeaks when there are passengers in the back, it almost sounds like it's from underneath the seat itself on the drivers side. Has anyone else ever encountered this phenomenon?
  23. C

tyre choices 18" on FN2?

I have some Accerela Phis on mine from when I bought them. Absolute rubbish. Currently toying with idea of goodyear Eagle F1 A2s or Michelin Pilot Sport 3s. Anyone have any experience of both?
  24. C

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

£130 + VAT. Better than the goodridge lines but still gutting to find the FN2 versions cost more than the EP3s. Also, bit of a n00b questions but do brake lines count as a mod? As in should my insurance company be let know? Only thought of that this morning if I'm honest.
  25. C

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

Cheers, I'll see what they can do for me. Thanks for the suggestions.
  26. C

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

These the guys? http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/category/products/products-items/brakes Since I'm on the wrong side of the irish sea, would they send me the lines or do they only take your car in, fabricate the lines and fit them there and then? Any ideas on cost?
  27. C

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

Good to know, thanks. I did read elsewhere on the site to make sure the HEL lines have distribution blocks but those posts are at least 3 years old now. What is the general concensus then on HKS lines? Thanks for all feedback so far, it's much appreciated. Edit: It would appear HKS don't do...
  28. C

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

Are HELs prone to splitting then? If so I might just stick with OEM. £270 is too much to stomach for brake lines, sadly.
  29. C

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

Apologies for digging up a old thread but figured it was better commenting here instead of making a new one. A friend of mine is refurbing his E36 M3 and is presently working on rebuilding the brakes. He's ordered some Goodridge stainless steel braided hoses and I asked him how much he paid for...
Back