• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Kevin85

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Where are the photos of the cav? [emoji14]
  2. Kevin85

My favourite blue toy. DC5

Nice one. ;)
  3. Kevin85

Talking ***** and giggling like girls while sideways in the rain. Fun times. https://youtu.be/wVncr6xoUgk
  4. Kevin85

What's the next step to get more gains?

Stop chasing power, if you're power mad you're in the wrong game. Spend your money on track time and improve bits of the car based on how the car feels, not how a wiggly line makes you feel on a dyno print out. Have you taken it to a circuit and really kicked it's head in?
  5. Kevin85

DC5 Brembo calipers

How much do these usually sell for?
  6. Kevin85

EP3 Ep3 engine reliably for track use

What work have you previously done on your vee-hickle?
  7. Kevin85

Worth a mention, I snipped a bit off the end of the dipstick so it didn't come into contact with the baffle.
  8. Kevin85

I'm running a Clockwise baffle. As already mentioned, it's an easy fit if you're mechanically minded. I lowered the subframe onto my chest, which wasn't the most enjoyable experience. Probably have a friend help you. Another thing to consider while the subframe is down, is suspension upgrades...
  9. Kevin85

EP3 ASR 32mm rear anti sway

^yep, wind them both up and work back from there, depending on balance. You can also play with tyre pressures to affect balance. Another way is increasing the width of your front tyre. You'll gain front end, effectively shifting the balance towards oversteer. I think it's better to increase...
  10. Kevin85

Exhaust manifold advice

Good info Lewis, it's a shame you had so many parts fitted at the same time. Not for you, obviously. :)
  11. Kevin85

Rank in order: Strut braces, Supports, Anti-Roll Bars, Chassis Strengthening

What is the car used for? I wouldn't change the arb unless you want to change the balance. Unless it's an adjustable, so you can have a play.
  12. Kevin85

Exhaust manifold advice

Is there any data supporting this? The Internet can be a funny place with lots of regurgitated information. Anyone got any wideband graphs before and after manifold install?
  13. Kevin85

Anyone know these wheels

Te37/replica?
  14. Kevin85

Not being as bad as a budget tyre is hardly a great accolade. [emoji14]
  15. Kevin85

Ns2r's are great in the wet. I have video proof. [emoji14] * on circuit, I'm not a nutter.
  16. Kevin85

That's where I would go, gearbox.
  17. Kevin85

Uprated lca surface rust!!! :-/

Did they have the decency to inform their customers of which company they directly copied for those particular lca's? [emoji14] I don't actually know if they did, I'm making a naughty joke. [/legalreasons] (they probabaly did copy though)
  18. Kevin85

I don't think it's a case of proving beyond all reasonable doubt, I think s2 should have more respect for their customers.
  19. Kevin85

What Brakes and Discs?

I think that's it, lack of comparison. I've only had the PBS and 2500's in there. From what I've read, PBS are comparable to a more premium pad, carbone lorraine for example. CL are very expensive in dc5 Brembo fitment, PBS are very nicely priced.
  20. Kevin85

Once bitten. Cheap manufacturing processes on premium priced parts. Jokers. Do they think people with £200 to spend on a simple peice of suspension are thick and don't talk to each other?
  21. Kevin85

I initially thought it said 'BS' on the bolt head. Plenty of other manufacturers out there. :) Regardless of coating or paint, I wouldn't put anything on the underside of my car without spraying wax. Rust is a cnu7, not just for structural reasons, but also getting into threads and making...
  22. Kevin85

What Brakes and Discs?

I had 2500's in mine, and changed to PBS from Areamotorsport. Cold bite is far better than the 2500's, and they stood up to a beating on full weight and ns2r's lap after lap at Donington. Longest session in the semi dry was 40mins, until I chewed through the rear oe's. I won't be going back to...
  23. Kevin85

I know what firm it is. I wasn't impressed with the only product I bought from them. I won't be buying any other products from them because of it, not when there are other companies offering the same/better for less dough.
  24. Kevin85

It's a sad fact of science and life, metal will rust when you spray it with salt. Only way you'll stop it, is by treating it with some converter and get some wax on it. BiltHamber make very good products. Clear wax in an aerosol is my weapon of choice. Dynax-uc it's called. Great stuff, and...
  25. Kevin85

Running without front arb

Well, that's what I'm going to find out.. You don't know the spec of this manifold, you're just guessing from a few shitty photos. The engine this manifold came from isn't nearly as gnarly as the previous factory built engines during the supertouring era, it's much closer to our engines. No...
  26. Kevin85

I agree. I'll have a front arb, but it won't be an oe type, or it will be a modified oe bar.
  27. Kevin85

Because this will flow better, and I already own it. It will take more work getting it fitted, but the results will be better. Even if I don't see fantastic results straight off the bat, it has lots of scope for future engine modifications. I had a Tegiwa manifold, and sold it before I fit it...
  28. Kevin85

From what I understand, it's an ex Dynamics manifold from the btcc DC5's.
  29. Kevin85

Which would you go for Mugen or ITG Maxogen intake?

I'm always dubious on 'gains' from intakes, as most are measured on the dyno. I can't help thinking real world testing would yield different results. Travelling at 80mph with a front facing intake and scoop, using all that high pressure, can't be replicated on a dyno with a fan.
  30. Kevin85

The car is a dc5r, so it has a jdm arb. There's no bar that would fit over the manifold. I need one that goes from mount to mount, without the hump. I agree with you, that I'll get too much roll. I just wanted to see if anyone had experimented with it, as I know it's common in other circles...
  31. Kevin85

More information is needed I think. The reason I'm even considering it, isn't to make the car 'better', I'm trying to fit a gnarly manifold and I'm having clearance issues. If the arb doesn't do much at these spring levels, I can do without.
  32. Kevin85

Which would you go for Mugen or ITG Maxogen intake?

Mugen. It collects air from the high pressure area at the front of the car, no brainer. J's Intake also.
  33. Kevin85

Anyone experimented with removing their arb? My spring rates are F:450 R:560lb/in, are they stiff enough to even consider running without a front arb?
  34. Kevin85

Spa last week

I presume the files are mahoosive? If they are, there's a handy program called 'handbrake', that reduces the file size without heavily compromising quality. Then, upload it to YouTube, post the link on the forum and sit back while making £££ from the millions of views.
  35. Kevin85

Mote footage from Donington, from the blue Elise in one of the videos. https://youtu.be/YzN7SaMFNps
  36. Kevin85

I wanted to have a proper look around your s2000, it looked great out on track!
  37. Kevin85

Haha, fair play, thanks. Don't count your chickens too soon though, my accent is very deceptive. I live in Watford, but I was born in Dublin.
  38. Kevin85

I've just copied and pasted all that, I'll make the font bigger and liven up the youtube links sometime between now and the end of time.
  39. Kevin85

I went to Donington with Honda's/Lotus On Track, it rained, a lot. It was my first time on a wet circuit, and it went much better than I thought it would. Pushing in the rain is great fun, even on an extremely slippery Donington surface. I met some very welcoming people, you know who you are...
  40. Kevin85

I intended on having the new setup rolling for a shakedown at Bedford before Spa, but the flywheel saga meant I lost over a week and couldn't make it. I only got it aligned two days before we left, so I was very apprehensive about driving it in anger for the first time at a potentially...
  41. Kevin85

I then spent months driving it around untill the time came to actually replace the clutch. It was fine in normal driving, and I was spending the summer doing other fun things, away from driving on circuits. I decided to throw some parts at it while the clutch was out, as you do. It's against my...
  42. Kevin85

Nurburgring trip was in May, after saying I would never drive the circuit due to risk reward ratio, I'm so glad I did. The car performed faultlessly everyday. Of course the anti honda banter was flowing, until they sat in it of course. My Nissan devout friend even exclaimed at the end of a lap...
  43. Kevin85

Went to Bedford in April, forgot to stiffen up the shocks and had a massive spin on the fastest corner of the circuit. Overtook an mx5 and didn't get back onto the line in time, tightened the corner which was a fast left right kink. Back end came round, caught it one way and it promptly spat me...
  44. Kevin85

This is a first for me, I'm not a show and tell guy. You should feel privileged. I wanted the fastest fwd N/A car around a circuit I could buy, so went about importing a DC5. Importing a car from Japan is always something I've wanted to do, so I kept my eye out for a unmodified blue 'pfl'...
  45. Kevin85

Spa last week

I loved Spa, definitely want to jump on a trip there next year. Did you get any onboard footage?
  46. Kevin85

Me on the Nordschleife. DC5 video

Thanks. The z4 was very quick, the drive he had out of the chicane was impressive, it looked so planted.
  47. Kevin85

T.G's Purple Pearl FD2.

Lovely colour. If the dc5 came in that colour I would have hunted for one for sure.
  48. Kevin85

Me on the Nordschleife. DC5 video

I went to Nurburg for 5 days over the bank holiday and done some(9) laps. This is one of them. I have faster/cleaner laps but I had the gopro mounted on my chin and they didn't come out too well. It was my first visit to the mighty ring, so my track knowledge is a bit lacking. I loved it...
  49. Kevin85

Toda Hi power cat back blowing after fitting

Do you have a photo of the flared flange?
  50. Kevin85

EP3 J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake

https://www.jsracing.co.jp/js2/index.asp?xMODE=SHOP&xSW=3&xBLAND=1&xSHASHU=25&xPARENT=14&xNO=TCC-T5&xKEYWORD=
  51. Kevin85

Brands Indy 19th March

Myself and a few others from itr-dc5 are going for a play on the 19th. Open pit lane, msv, £199. I'm giving my P10 one last beasting before I break it that same weekend, it's the least it deserves. There's an old work friend that's not on here who drives a naughty EP3 who's also attending...
  52. Kevin85

Dropping weight

I don't know what bracing the type R EP3 has, but once you've got a roll cage installed you wont need any body bracing. Also, is the EP3 A/C system only 6kg!? Surely it's more than that.. You could also get a lighter alternator and pulleys. Remove power steering and you free up rotational mass...
Back