• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. A

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

One of mine has started on my 2019. It’s in for a service in a couple of weeks and the dealer has said they will put a claim in for me but I’m not holding my breath.
  2. A

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

Is that accurate? I thought they’d been fitted with a GPF for a while now. I dunno how you can make the stock exhaust any quieter!
  3. A

“Driving Hero” Chris Harris also said that nobody who was old enough to buy a FK8 Type R would because it looks so terrible....
  4. A

My wife’s car has an alcantara wheel and it does indeed look a little dull and flat after a few months. But 2 mins scrubbing it with a micro fibre cloth with auto glym interior shampoo on and then again with plain water and it comes up good as new every time.
  5. A

FK8 FK8 test drive

I went from a 58 plate FN2 that I took from 16 to 70ish k to a new FK8 last year on a 19 plate so have a direct comparison. At first the FK8’s box was pretty tight and notchy but by 1k miles it had worn in beautifully. I’m at 7K now with a few track days and I’ve never had a crunch out of it...
  6. A

EP3 2020 grille

Anybody seen the price or part number for the revised front splitter?
  7. A

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

Do double check your pressures. When I had my tyre change recently they asked me what my preferences were and I told them (F36/R34) My TPMS kept going off so I checked and 3 had 44psi and one of the fronts had 35
  8. A

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

There has been some talk of porous condensers on 10G civics on FB definitely try the warranty angle. Has anybody ever regassed AC and not found a leak?
  9. A

FK8 Anyone know a stealer who stocks tyres?

I tried to get a set of MPS4S right before lockdown but nobody had stock in the OEM 245/30 and I didn’t want to size up. STS ordered me some Conti’s and to my surprise the CTR version with the lip turned up! They are coming off in a month for cup 2’s. Might be for sale if you need some more for...
  10. A

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

Sounds like 18’s are a no brainer then. I was thinking 9.5j wheel with 265’s but that’s probably overkill on an otherwise standard car. Will use these cups up and then get a set of 8.5j 18’s and 235 AR1s.
  11. A

Just ordered a set of Cup 2’s so I’ll see how they get on. Did you go for a 9.5J wheel and a 265 tyre Veehexx? Do let us know how you get on. Fan, TD’s have been running since the 1st. I have Donington booked on the 13th Jul.
  12. A

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

I’ve ordered a set for when my originals need replacing. I can’t see why they won’t be better than the old drilled one piece discs on track. No holes for cracks to develop between and a floating disc should in theory be harder to warp as the rotor is free to expand independently from the bell...
  13. A

Tegiwa have stock of the 2020 floating discs again, £282 https://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/fk8/brakes/genuine-honda-2-piece-floating-front-brake-discs-civic-type-r-fk8.html
  14. A

Oh yeah for sure. Mines never been looked at so could do with it anyway. Don’t think you can get much more than another 0.5 degrees or so but it’ll help.
  15. A

Yeah Mick R hit the nail on the head, it’s tyre cost and availability. I love the way the car drives on the 20’s but as far as I can tell the Cup 2 is the only track focused tire available in the standard 245/30 size. GT3 on here had them roll over which isn’t ideal at £1k a set. Saying that...
  16. A

What did you do to your Type R today?

We did consider that but like you I’ve not really got anywhere to put it. At least I didn’t have to hide it from the Mrs like some :p
  17. A

I’m very much considering getting a set of 18’s as dedicated track wheels. Whilst I love how agile the car is on the factory 20’s there is basically nothing available in track dedicated rubber except for the furiously expensive Cup 2’s which can still roll over at lower pressures. I considered a...
  18. A

I did consider the Remus but I got the Milltek at a price I couldn’t resist. And my god is the standard exhaust long! Tried to put it in my mate's megane estate and nearly put it though his windscreen. Chopped in half now :p
  19. A

Got a Milltek part res fitted. Sounds much much better than stock.
  20. A

FK8 Tow bars or not?

Did you get roof bars Fan? Any reason for going for the expensive Honda ones? Considering a set of whispbars myself (I already have two of the Thule carriers)...
  21. A

Cheers think I’ll take the plunge.
  22. A

Is that an SGS jack David? How are you liking it? Need a new low entry one and thinking of picking one up. My FK8 is polished metal and pleased with that choice but I love the red. Wanted a change after 4 yrs in a red FN2 but every time I see pics of gleaming red cars I feel slight twinge of...
  23. A

Cheers! Hopefully Cox will do them for less than £600
  24. A

Anybody know how much Honda are charging for the 2020 spec floating discs? Hoping they’ll be cheaper than the ~£800 aftermarket options.
  25. A

Hoping the grill is a straight fit on current car. Mostly for the cooling but it also looks better imo. How much do we reckon Honda will want for the 2 piece discs? Aftermarket ones are around £800 ish
  26. A

No worries, I’d be all over that if I didn’t have a 1 year old.
  27. A

Good deal on a new M2C here: https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threads/m2-comp-deal-brand-new.219925/
  28. A

FK8 Front tyres - only 6k and done?!

What’s the tread level like across the centre of the tyre? Whilst some people have indeed worn them out in that mileage they shouldn’t be falling apart like that. Maybe a tracking issue?
  29. A

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions! One last one, what kinda pressures are you running on track?
  30. A

10 TD’s and 10k miles seems quite incredible! Are you running the oem 245/30 size? You don’t find the sidewalls too soft compared to the conti’s?
  31. A

When I collected my FK8 I was chatting to the service manager and the subject of track days came up. He told me the Conti’s wouldn’t last 5 minutes on track and to get some PS4S’s or cup 2’s on it asap! I asked if that could cause warranty complications and was told as long as the tyres were...
  32. A

FK8 FK8 overheating

https://www.civicx.com/threads/mishimoto-secondary-race-radiator-thread.29712/
  33. A

FK8 FK8 overheating

There is a thread on civcx where a race team tested it. I’ll post it up when I find it again but from what I remember it didn’t make a whole lot of difference, especially without a vented bonnet.
  34. A

FK8 FK8 taking scalps...

Thanks for the in depth response! Surprised at your findings, I was certainly expecting the cup 2’s to be stiffer. You are running the SC6’s at quite a high pressure compared to what I usually go for on TD’s so I’ll certainly give that a try if my current set have enough life in them next...
  35. A

FK8 FK8 taking scalps...

Cheers veehexx, would be running them in the summer and for 4 TD’s if they last that long.
  36. A

FK8 FK8 taking scalps...

Oh and nice driving btw :cool:
  37. A

FK8 FK8 taking scalps...

Nice! Would love to go to spa at some point. Can I ask why you switched from the cup 2’s? I was considering a set for the summer/track days next year. I found the SC6’s rolled over onto the sidewalls unless you put a lot of pressure in at which point they quickly overheated.
  38. A

FK8 FK8 overheating

I did quite a lot of reading about the issue before I bought mine and it seems Arcam is spot on with it being an airflow issue. A more open grill and vented bonnet are the most effective changes. Did you have the AC on?
  39. A

FK8 A few questions... Differences? Or am i stupid?

This isn’t correct, it will rev match on block changes. My auto wipers are also terrible, too slow one minute then going crazy the next. They were fine on my FN2 so it seems bizarre to me that they are a step back on the much newer car.
  40. A

FK8 Roadside reactions

Even the noise tester at Cadwell thought it was modded. Also discovered that the triple exhaust design works just the way Honda intended, it was quieter at 3500rpm (stationary limiter) than at idle!
  41. A

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

Interesting! Thanks for that
  42. A

Often the manufacturer specific coded tyres have extra rim protection. Certainly the case with the conti’s on our cars.
  43. A

FK8 Roadside reactions

I gotta say I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how positive people’s reactions have been. Some thumbs up and big grins. Also surprised at how many people think it’s heavily modified and that it couldn’t possibly have come from the factory looking like that
  44. A

£191.50 for MPS4s at F1 autocentres https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/car-tyres/results They seem to change price daily though! £227 for the cup 2’s
  45. A

Yeah AC off is a must, with it on you are heating the air with the warm condenser before it flows through the main rad. I found the conti’s pretty bad, they rolled over onto the sidewalls unless I put more pressure in them at which point they overheated after a single lap. Smeared a good...
  46. A

It was 22-23c at Cadwell and mine only crept a touch over half way solo and a notch higher with a passenger. Was keeping the sessions short though as I was running the OEM pads and conti’s. How was yours temp wise at the ring?
  47. A

Spa Track Day - 13th October

Would love to do this but it’s too short notice. Be interested in how you get on, will try and twist my mates arm to go next year
  48. A

Nah I have a 1yr old so have access to a lot of nappies
  49. A

Cheers! Was at Cadwell Park at thurs, had some nice 4 wheel slides through the gooseneck.
  50. A

Shaved 40 days of my service indicator and the lettering off my front tire sidewalls :D
  51. A

FK8 FK8 taking scalps...

Nice! Planning on taking mine to Cadwell end of Aug, will be very different to the FN2 it replaced. Reassuring that you didn’t have significant heat problems in 30c heat. Is it a daily? Are you planning on running Cup 2’s though winter?
  52. A

FN2 Spoon Calipers for FN2 or Freakyparts Brembo kit

The k system setup and the freaky parts setup are basically the same. Same calipers, but slightly smaller discs 320x28 compared to 324x30. The big advantage of the freaky parts kit for me was that they are UK based if you have any problems.
  53. A

FK8 Rev limiter before 7K?

Not too bad once I summed up the courage to just take it all apart rather than trying to jam tape into gaps. Followed a YouTube video intended for changing shifter bushings. Just be gentle and use plastic trim tools. Never figured out what exactly what was tapping just applied a little felt...
  54. A

Weirdly it seems fine now, along with fixing the centre console rattling I’m happy with it again! Now on to Cadwell at the end of Aug to ruin some £220 a corner tires!
  55. A

What didn’t you like about the brembo’s?
  56. A

I had the freaky parts Brembo kit with pbs pads on my FN2 and it was a night and day improvement over stock. Only used it on track for 5-6 laps at Cadwell as I got motion sick riding passenger in my mates Elise and couldn’t go out any more! But they held up great with excellent stopping power...
  57. A

E46? Me too. Tbh even that moved up to allow max revs at too low an oil temp for me so I had it recoded. It’s disappointing that the FK8 doesn’t have an oil temp gauge. To be clear it will always rev to 7K but it seems to sometimes hit a wall power wise at 6.5k. I’ll have to test it out a bit...
  58. A

The car is always well warmed up before I go anywhere near high revs so no oil temp issues. I would be helpful if you could gather some data, to help you fellow CTR owner of course
  59. A

Hi peeps, Isn’t the Rev limit supposed to be 7K on these cars? Mine seems to run into what feels like a soft limiter at 6.5k some times with a large power drop off but other times will pull to 7K without issue. Makes it really difficult to judge the upshift as the red shift lights seem to...
  60. A

Gonna tackle the rattle in my centre console today, armed with felt tape and trim tools. Anybody have this? Any recommendations on tape placement? Seems to be in the area of the parking brake
  61. A

FK8 Has my variable service indicator been tuned off by the dealer?

Oh ok! There is a big chance I just misunderstand it! So yours is just the same, a countdown timer in days and no oil life?
  62. A

FK8 Cap-less Fuel System

I did approx 5 miles on 0 range in both a FN2 and an E46 M3 so they certainly have a bit of a reserve. I wouldn’t recommend it though, it was very stressful!
  63. A

I’ve emailed the sales guy who sold me the car but I expect I’ll have to pop in and talk to the service manager about it. From previous experience with a couple of issues with my approved used FN2 I expect a bit of a fight tbh
  64. A

FK8 Remap ECU FK8

I bought my FK8 from Marshall Honda in Peterborough who told me track days were fine and would not invalidate either the finance agreement or the warranty, provided it wasn’t modified. The finance agreement states no motorsport but I think it’s been pretty well established that TD’s are not...
  65. A

Hello peeps, after a little help here. When selecting the spanner icon on the dash info screen I’m presented with a countdown timer displayed in days, currently showing 350 left (car is 6 days old). There seems to be no oil monitor or mileage remaining displayed. Does this mean the variable...
  66. A

FN2 Rear shock absorbers

I might be too late but these are much cheaper here: http://m.onlinecarparts.co.uk/sachs-1225701.html Just used them myself with no issues
  67. A

FN2 Rust fault on the roof near the windscreen

Don't be put of if the dealership say no, I had to go to Honda customer services after Marshall's in Peterborough told me there was no chance. My car is a 58 plate and they eventually agreed to do it.
Back