• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. F

FN2 Squealing/Groaning noise at low speeds when turning right

yeah I had this due to a semi seized caliper. Sounded a bit like a very quiet fog horn. Certainly not the same noise as squeaking brakes. Was very odd, took a long time to work out what it was. A new piston and cleaning up the sliders fixed it!
  2. F

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

I had them on my FN2, bit of a fairy compared to an FK8 but they were really good in the dry. In the wet not so good so switched to Hankook k120 evo2 they also wore fairly quickly!
  3. F

FN2 FN2 lowering questions

I use genuine Honda ones as well, just re read my message and meant they seem to wear really quick! Was looking into whiteline ARB with polybushes but will most likely stay OEM ARB and aftermarket bushes
  4. F

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Was an incredible day mate, the roads were epic. Like you say the cars were flawless until my driveshaft sh!t itself the next day. Was good to me hanging on for the 700 mile trip in one day! We will have to arrange another one soon :cool: maybe in Europe?
  5. F

FN2 Reversing camera

Hi, I completed this mission yesterday, it's more annoying than anything. The easiest way is to remove all boot trims lights and centre part, mount the camera, then feed it through the grommet into the car and run the wires to the front. Plug the reverse pickup from head unit to the reverse...
  6. F

FN2 Coilover Shocks to replace stock

You buy the springs as a set of 4, I wouldn't advise just changing the fronts as the springs are different types... OEM are linear springs and Eibachs are progressive. I can confirm from personal use the Eibachs are much more forgiving than the OEM springs. Depending on how many miles your car...
  7. F

Yeah man have changed them four times in the 120k miles I have done in the car they wear surprisingly well so will most likely change the polybushes. Put it this way I changed them 4 months ago and they are already cracked and stretched open....
  8. F

FN2 Connects 2 Double Din connections

Call Connects2 directly, there is some switches on the PCB within the black box it just pops open. They need to be set differently for some units ( can't remember the exact config for Kenwood ) Also try disconnecting power to the black box for about 2 mins then reconnect, that normally solves...
  9. F

Nice, what springs did you go for? I got Eibachs based on reviews however find there is still a bit too much body roll. Will be getting Teins or coilovers soon!
  10. F

FN2 New FN2 owner

it will burn slightly less using 5w40, not a major difference between the two though to be honest!
  11. F

My fn2 is on eibach springs, got my alignment done at kwik fit and the only issue was the camber was put out slightly on one side. Only way of adjusting this is by holding the hub with the bolts loose that go into the bottom of the shock then tighten once in the desired place. Or get eibach...
  12. F

FN2 New FN2 owner

As Flashy said 5w40 Shell from ECP cracking deal on that! I recently mixed 40 and 30 as I could only get my hands on 5w30 ( In the middle of Wales ) However changed it as soon as I was back, certainly not worth doing long term.
  13. F

FN2 Snapped Driveshaft... Replacements?

It's not really possible to see the rust under it unless you remove the jubilee clips and slide it back. I think you can get them for about £80 online... I paid £170 for one but I needed the car back on the road asap. Will definitely change the passenger side soon as a precaution.
  14. F

59 plate 125k miles ish, think it’s combination of hot day, sticky tyres and foot flat to the floor... but honestly after looking at it properly it’s eaten a fair bit of it away so was only a matter of time. Just lucky it didn’t happen when me and SKR went to wales the day before ( 700 miles in...
  15. F

Thanks! For anyone else thats interested in how this happens, the harmonic balancers collect water in them and as a result rusts the shafts. Very annoying!
  16. F

Hi, Destroyed my drivers side driveshaft today in my not so powerful FN2, has anyone got any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement? Will most likely get a used one and sell it after my 3 and a half year ownership! Has this happened to anyone else on here? Cheers
  17. F

FN2 FN2 front fog lights

You might have to take the bumper off but depends if you have the holes underneath, most have the holes, just undo the bolt and it pops out.
  18. F

FN2 Clutch judder

I would contact grinspeed and see what they say depending how old it is. Mine is the same, very mild judder when taking off sometimes however my clutch and flywheel are old with over 100k miles on them lol
  19. F

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Weapon well done mate
  20. F

FN2 Martelius Exhaust Video

Hi, Just thought I would post this video of my Martelius exhaust before it comes off for sale soon followed by the unfortunate sale of my car over the next couple of months. One bit of positive news is I think I will be going for an FK2 but its a toss up between that and a G86 ( very...
  21. F

FN2 Running Lean - OBD reader

Bit of a random one but my friend plugged an OBD reader thing into my car last night and it showed the fuelling was out by 3% so it was running Lean, apparently it then allowed him to correct it so it is the stock values. ( no stored codes or anything else that was wrong so happy about that )...
  22. F

FN2 Click/Clunk upon moving

Sounds like subframe click. Something to do with grease being applied to subframe bolts cures it. Had the exact same issue and I just tightened my bolts and it solved it. If you google FN2 subframe click it's pretty well documented. Hope this helps
  23. F

FN2 Clutch Noise / Spigot Bush / Extended Warranty

Yeah this is a known issue I believe. When you get near the bite and start to pull away it makes a weird whirrr noise. I notice mine more if on a hill. Doesn't seem to do it once the car is heated up etc mainly when cold. To my knowledge it doesn't cause any physical issues, The car should...
  24. F

FN2 Samsung S6

I don't think it's supported, tried my friends S6 in my car on the USB and got the same message! Don't think they give you the option to change to a mass storage device any more either? Always have problems with my Iphone when using 3rd party apps like spotify! But you should never have an issue...
  25. F

Here name is Reo! NHB FN2 Progress Pics!

Nice car man, I am always in Horsham! Ijlh I am sure I drive past you most days? I work in Worthing.
  26. F

FN2 Car will not start wth ?!

It was so strange, all the cars I have owned previously have been much older ( mk2 mr2's / civic eg's etc ) so it was pretty daunting hacking bits of the dash off and digging in to the mass amount of wiring lol! Just hope the above info will help someone in the future! Only had the car a few...
  27. F

FN2 Car will not start wth ?!

Hi, so this is actually solved but I am posting this information on the off chance someone else has the same problem as I did a couple of days ago. Pretty much the story is, I drove the car home from work, no issue. Later that evening went to start the car and nothing, could hear the starter...
Back