• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. longsh07

Time for a Type R - 2008 FN2 GT

So yesterday was the first track day in the FN2. Very very happy with how it behaved! It was a track taster day at Silverstone which means 30 minute sessions (I was on at 14:10 and 15:20). First session had quite a variety of cars, couple of Abarth 500s, a Honda Accord, what looked like a bone...
  2. longsh07

Sound good! Look forward to the photos :) Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  3. longsh07

I saw the post on your thread. What you got planned?
  4. longsh07

With my first track session booked in its about time I got off the winter tyres and something a bit more suited to track driving. The original plan was to get some 17x7.5 ET53 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloys in Anthracite gloss and some Yokohama AD08R tyres (225/45/17). Demon Tweeks had up...
  5. longsh07

Wheel & Tyre Bags

Planning to buy a set of Yokohama AD08R's but as I won't be using them all year round I'll need to store them over winter. From what I've read there is a chance of them cracking if they get too cold, so as I'll have to store them in a shed I wanted to get something insulate them a bit. Has...
  6. longsh07

Actually I find I get the worst mpg driving to work and back. As soon as I can open the taps a bit and stretch it's legs I find it actually goes up! More proof it's build for longer cruising over town driving. Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  7. longsh07

I do roughly the same a week and my commute is all through town. 350 gets about 18mpg and FN2 gets about 22-23mpg. Do you use the premium petrol in your Civic? Just wondering because the 350 has to be run on 98 octane or above so will effect the price. You can have it tuned for normal 95 (mine...
  8. longsh07

Nah its proper confusing. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I doubt you'll find anything for Stoptech as they are American I believe, so R90 doesn't apply to them. Did all this research for the FN2 and then found out my 350's Hawk ceramic pads probably aren't R90 either for the same reason...
  9. longsh07

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

Ah makes sense if you've already got them up front.
  10. longsh07

OK, one more :lol:
  11. longsh07

Yeah I've got a few :D My thread on 350Z-UK is here if you're interested: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77479-the-gt4-dilemma-no-163176-build-thread/ Here are just a couple of photos. Having a plenum spacer and UpRev tune done And one of my favourites from the Ace Cafe meet late 2014 While...
  12. longsh07

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

I've read a lot about brake discs and pads online. Not sure if this was exactly the one I found most interesting but it shares the same views: http://automotivethinker.com/brakes-2/rotors-blank-vs-cross-drilled-vs-slotted-and-warping/ In a nutshell: Drilled (and before any body has a go at me...
  13. longsh07

Oh fair enough. Probably for the best to be honest because neither does he anymore lol. He took it back to Honda under warranty so many times before he gave up and we swapped it out for an aftermarket one. Speed wise the 350 takes it hands down. The car pulls hard when you step on it and its...
  14. longsh07

Friend of mine has an EP3 Premier Edition like yours only in Cosmic Grey although to be honest his has been a bit of a nightmare despite being a Honda approved used car. Just goes to show how meaningless that is in the real world... You ever had any issues with the Honda satnav? The comfort...
  15. longsh07

Grinspeed is a little far away for me to be honest, getting on for 200 miles, and I thought TDi north was too far :). Still I've got a good garage I use for my 350, Japex in Kings Langley. Also there are few tuning companies near by I can call on if need be. Oh that was another thing, throttle...
  16. longsh07

Perfect. I tend to post more details updates and just keep a summary plus before/after photos on the top post. Next update will probably be tow hooks, sun strip and tyres. Planning to go to the track taster day at Silverstone in March as a bit of a shake down to see if there's anything that...
  17. longsh07

Just added some more info to the first post. I assume I'll be able to edit it forever in this forum?
  18. longsh07

Thank you :) Tend to agree. White would have been my first choice but there were no Mugen's available that I could afford at the time! Still money I saved getting a GT I can now spend on getting an LSD :smt023
  19. longsh07

As you can probably tell from the above, I tend to dig a little too deep into things. It can be a blessing and a curse. It usually means I end up making the right choice (for me and my driving style) but decisions often tend to take forever and sometimes end up back were I started :D
  20. longsh07

So far so good. They are only just about bedded in (I tend to do 500 miles bed in) so they haven't been used in anger yet. I ran Green Stuff on my MX5 and they coped alright on track with just myself in the car. As soon as you add a passenger they cook themselves after about 10 minutes on the...
  21. longsh07

Hi all, I'm new around here so thought I'd get a build log going before I forget what I've done! Purchased my 2008 FN2 in late Oct 2015 as a replacement for my MX5 that was written off by someone who would attempted to drive through my car on a mini roundabout. To say I was gutted was an...
Back