• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Time for a Type R - 2008 FN2 GT

Yeah I've got a few :D
My thread on 350Z-UK is here if you're interested: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77479-the-gt4-dilemma-no-163176-build-thread/
Here are just a couple of photos.

10347427274_a0b33f3395_b.jpg

Having a plenum spacer and UpRev tune done
15157917202_79a8a39459_b.jpg

And one of my favourites from the Ace Cafe meet late 2014
24603106526_a82cc84a49_b.jpg

While we're on photos of other cars... ;)
This is the MX5 that the FN2 replaced:
15447872972_eb8273f27d_b.jpg

15480672308_c44dacd684_b.jpg

And this was my MR2 that the 350 replaced. Miss this car :(
7227490094_0a01b3e8e9_b.jpg

Loving the yellow looks great! I do have a softspot for a nice Z i was debating the burnt orange color or the blue my only concern which stopped me buying it was fuel how bad is it in comparison to the R? I dont drive as much as i thought i would now so it would probably have been pretty affordable for like max 100 miles a week

Loving the yellow looks great! I do have a softspot for a nice Z i was debating the burnt orange color or the blue my only concern which stopped me buying it was fuel how bad is it in comparison to the R? I dont drive as much as i thought i would now so it would probably have been pretty affordable for like max 100 miles a week
I do roughly the same a week and my commute is all through town. 350 gets about 18mpg and FN2 gets about 22-23mpg.

Do you use the premium petrol in your Civic? Just wondering because the 350 has to be run on 98 octane or above so will effect the price. You can have it tuned for normal 95 (mine has 5 switchable maps including an emergency one for 95 which won't let you rev over 5k) but it's been known to cause engine problems if used regularly.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I do roughly the same a week and my commute is all through town. 350 gets about 18mpg and FN2 gets about 22-23mpg.

Do you use the premium petrol in your Civic? Just wondering because the 350 has to be run on 98 octane or above so will effect the price. You can have it tuned for normal 95 (mine has 5 switchable maps including an emergency one for 95 which won't let you rev over 5k) but it's been known to cause engine problems if used regularly.

Yeh that's probably better than i imagined i thought it would be around 15mpg but i imagine it goes down on an enthusiastic drive!
I do I use shell v power its all i ever put in it if i accidentally run too low i put like enough regualr fuel in to get me to some v power haha

Yeh that's probably better than i imagined i thought it would be around 15mpg but i imagine it goes down on an enthusiastic drive!
I do I use shell v power its all i ever put in it if i accidentally run too low i put like enough regualr fuel in to get me to some v power haha
Actually I find I get the worst mpg driving to work and back. As soon as I can open the taps a bit and stretch it's legs I find it actually goes up! More proof it's build for longer cruising over town driving.

Actually I find I get the worst mpg driving to work and back. As soon as I can open the taps a bit and stretch it's legs I find it actually goes up! More proof it's build for longer cruising over town driving.

I had a mate with an e46 m3 and he spend £120 on fuel in 2 days and on paper they were similar mpg thats what put me off to be honest :lol:

With my first track session booked in its about time I got off the winter tyres and something a bit more suited to track driving.

The original plan was to get some 17x7.5 ET53 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloys in Anthracite gloss and some Yokohama AD08R tyres (225/45/17). Demon Tweeks had up to 50% off the alloys but when I called the delivery time could be 4-5 weeks which would mean they might not arrive in time. Bugger.

Never mind, alloys will have to wait until next time the deal rolls around. In the mean time I've decided to stick to stock wheels and just get the 225/40/18 AD08R tyres instead.

With my first track session booked in its about time I got off the winter tyres and something a bit more suited to track driving.

The original plan was to get some 17x7.5 ET53 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloys in Anthracite gloss and some Yokohama AD08R tyres (225/45/17). Demon Tweeks had up to 50% off the alloys but when I called the delivery time could be 4-5 weeks which would mean they might not arrive in time. Bugger.

Never mind, alloys will have to wait until next time the deal rolls around. In the mean time I've decided to stick to stock wheels and just get the 225/40/18 AD08R tyres instead.

Only hear good things about those tyres and they look the business! ill be changing to a set of them next time they are due i reckon!
Seems to be wait on everything I want too haha got a few big things coming next month providing its all in stock and the right price :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So yesterday was the first track day in the FN2. Very very happy with how it behaved! It was a track taster day at Silverstone which means 30 minute sessions (I was on at 14:10 and 15:20).

First session had quite a variety of cars, couple of Abarth 500s, a Honda Accord, what looked like a bone stock Civic Coupe (had the maddest body roll I've ever seen!), a Porsche of some description, a Subaru Impreza, Ford Puma and a RensultSport Twingo. I'm sure there was more but I cant recall. Session went pretty well, nicely evenly spaced, got stuck in 'traffic' a couple of times but nothing that lasted too long. Everyone was pretty well behaved.

Second session I thought was going to be a disaster! Two Porsche's, four Audi TTRS's, a Lotus (think it was an Exige), a BMW 5 series (not sure if M5 or not) and some kind of Ferrari! My only saving grace was the Fiesta ST... well so we thought. Turns out the Ferrari and one of the TT's were quite happy pootling round. We passed them 3 times. Even the Fiesta went past him a couple of times. One of the TT's brakes were shot to bits and absolutely stank. The BMW came in in a cloud of smoke and one Porsche and the Lotus got pulled for being too loud! Ended up doing lap after lap at full wack because there was just nothing in the way! It was brilliant except I had to come in a couple of minutes early as I nearly ran out of petrol!

Tyres - AD08R's Are fantastic although I feel sorry for anyone driving behind me on the way home as I was flicking bits of melted rubber off left right and centre!

Brakes - Held up to the abuse very well actually. They feel pretty spongy now but I'm wondering if I just need to refresh the fluid. I've not given them a proper inspection but they don't look like they've worn low and the discs are still nice and even. Apart form the sponginess they didn't feel like they faded at all.

Car overall - held up the abuse very very well. It was consistent all day with no issues bar the spongy brakes this morning. Very happy with it.

My driving - still needs some work though. If the issue with the brakes is boiled fluid then I by no means helped the issue by leaving traction control on. I assume TC fires the brakes to help maintain stability, if that's the case then the brakes would have been working twice as hard as they should have been. That says a lot of about the quality of the pads considering they were consistent all day! There were a couple of corners were I was struggling to nail the line and ended up having traction control cutting in. probably 7 of 10 times this was me being to quick to get back on the throttle but for the other 3 of 10 is was just before the apex so could be too much turn in or coming at the corner on the wrong line.

All in all, I'm pleased with how the day went. Next time I think its traction control off and maybe try and book an instructor for some extra advice. Will post some pictures/videos when I'm home from work.

Back