• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. C

Crazy insurance quotes - any advice/recommendations?

Welcome mate. Your dad is probably lower risk due to his age and as an insured driver they assume he will be driving it a certain percentage of the time hence the lower price with him than without. I only just got my UK EP3 Type r down from £704 at renewal to £488 using this guide...
  2. C

EP3 changing speakers?

A lot better. I really do recommend the sound deadening sticky panels as it will help a lot as well. Without going as far as fitting amps, modifying door cards and that these alone make a good improvement. Original speakers are pretty terrible plus half their sound dies through the door and...
  3. C

EP3 changing speakers?

Hi mate. I used a JVC speaker upgrade kit which included adaptor leads, speakers and plastic mounts for the front - something like this: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EP3-2000-2006-JVC-13cm-520-Watts-Front-Door-Car-Speakers-Fitting-Kit/201786646393?hash=item2efb6bdf79:g:qIUAAOSw5cNYfpIv...
  4. C

EP3 daily living with an ep3

Hi mate - welcome. In short, a Civic is for everyone! I have an 05 facelift with a lot of suspension mods and it’s fine as a daily for me apart from speed bumps which you won’t have trouble with. The VTEC k20’s are pretty much bulletproof and nothing on mine has let me down in 2 years apart from...
  5. C

Ep3 Na Modding questions

Mine has a piper exhaust and k100 but nothing else and the dyno read it at 225 so I imagine with the additional stuff 240 should be very achievable. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. C

Ep3 exhaust noise and rattle in rain

Same story mate I thought I had an issue and it's just the exhaust changing diameter with the heat changing from getting soaked with cold rain - sounds horrible but no real dramas Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. C

Front bumper removal EP3

OK so a small update - the arch liners I got from Amazon don't fit at all (excellent to find out after an hour of fiddling in the freezing cold outside my house!) so sourcing some more from a breakers - not sure where yet but i'm working on it. As a result of the impact all 4 clips on the...
  8. C

Front bumper removal EP3

Top man - got the clips already from the link in this thread. Tomorrow is fun day so let's see how it goes. Externally the bumper is ok but scratched - as long as it relocates properly I will avoid getting my pants taken down by Honda at least until after Christmas. Will post an update but again...
  9. C

Front bumper removal EP3

Thanks for this I've had some rear end orifice cream into my parked EP3 and drive off - Honda want £1,200 to replace the bumper and arch liners (which flopped under the wheels when driving at 70 today and pulled a cold air intake pipe off as well - probably my fault for driving it thinking it...
  10. C

Water/choking mystery

Excellent thanks for this fellas
  11. C

Water/choking mystery

Hi all - have looked and can't find anything on this specifically plus I know you love a mystery. I have an 05 EP3 facelift type r which runs like a dream EXCEPT: when driving through shallow standing water at speed e.g. On motorway during recent heavy rain (not flying into puddles like a...
  12. C

K100 cold start idle speed

Yeah just bought ep3 with a k100 and pood myself a little on the first cold start! Mine did almost exactly the same as you describe and all research seems to say it's normal.
Back