• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

FN2 full underbody protection

Hi. I am thinking about having the full Dinitrol treatment for underneath my FN2. The business in question will want to steam clean everything underneath before starting the treatment. Is this to be advised given all the age of the electrical components in the car? What I mean is are the wiring...
  2. R

FN2 heating problem

Hi All. My FN2 had a big service done at an Indi last week. However, since the coolant was drained and refilled with new, the interior heating is nowhere near as it was. I have a 25 mile commute to work and back every day, and although the engine gets a good workout, getting hot air into the...
  3. R

Re spraying Individual panels

How do bodyshops do it these days, is it with two pack paint? I need a door on my FN2 re-painting and having been to one bodyshop for an estimate, they said they would need to blend in on the rear 3/4 panel. I said no, because there's no damage to that part of the car. Anyway, I have a few weeks...
  4. R

Type R petrol engine oil capacity

Afternoon all. A quick question. Has any Type R petrol engine ever had an oil capacity of 5 Litres? That goes for 2.0, 2.4 and the lump in the S2000. I need to arm myself with the facts before I contradict somebody who believes the FN2 can take 5L. I don't believe the K20 can take any more...
  5. R

FN2 FN2 front fog lights

My FN2 has a shattered lens on drivers side front fog light. Do i have to buy a complete new light assembly or can you buy a new piece of glass to replace the broken one? The manual states that just one bolt holds the light in place and doesn't mention removing the bumper to install, unless I've...
  6. R

EP3 MOT Advisories

The lastet MOT for my EP3 has advisories listed that will need attention. I'll need some help with understanding the terminology used by the tester. Corrections welcome. As they appear on the MOT paperwork: Item 1. NSR anti-roll bar linkage - link arm slight play. does this mean a new pair...
  7. R

Slight corrosion on brake pipes EP3

Having pulled out the MOT paperwork from last year, I see it has an advisory for corrosion on the brake pipes. Closer inspection reveals this to be within the engine bay, particularly where they exit the ABS box, and along the pipework where they pass close to engine before disappearing down the...
  8. R

Unable to find my previous posts...

How do I find my previous posts on this forum please? I would like to follow up a post that I started but I can't even find the OP, nor can I remember which section I posted it. It'll be from March/April this year I think. I've tried the search facility and put in my forum name to start with...
  9. R

Recent EP3 purchase

Hi all, I'm fairly new on here so thought I'd post a hello message. Ignore the title - it's wrong and I can't change it! I have a 2003 EP3 that I purchased in 2005 when it only had 18,000 miles on it. Over the years it has been my reliable, fun workhorse daily motor. Plenty of miles on it now...
Back