• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Slight corrosion on brake pipes EP3

Having pulled out the MOT paperwork from last year, I see it has an advisory for corrosion on the brake pipes. Closer inspection reveals this to be within the engine bay, particularly where they exit the ABS box, and along the pipework where they pass close to engine before disappearing down the back near the exhaust. I reckon they'll clean up with a light sanding, but what do I use to protect them with, paint or grease?

The car has been sitting around in a shaded damp area for a couple of years and the Intake, engine cover, alternator and aux belt pulleys all have this pock-marked, speckly corrosion spots on. I don't know what causes this but trust it's not too serious, so long as it isn't brake fluid spurting out everywhere and disfiguring the surfaces.

Rom

Back