• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

Stardus' Modulo S660

it's been a horrible start for 2020. However I have been lucky to get my new toy back in Feb and loved every minute in it!
  2. S

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

That is very reassuring to hear it makes a difference without decatting and swapping intake manifold. I will go down this route. Currently have a Ingen CAI and a Teigwa catback.
  3. S

K100 ECU and Remap

Are the gains from a DC5 manifold different enough from the EP3 stock manifold to be cost effective? They don't really come cheap and if you are chasing numbers a cheap Japspeed seems to do better from what I see here?
  4. S

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Other than needing a 15mm spacer instead of 10mm spaces, are they major difference between the Clio set and the Megane set? I guess the Megane runs bigger pads?
  5. S

Pilot Sport 4 on track?

Is more of a case of not running 1b + tyres. With the 1.5 degree of neg camber, I can confirm that it didn't get ran into the sidewall. The PSS that one of the other competitor used on his EP3, have scrubbed the sidewall of writing. Dunno if the PS4 was stiffer or just I wasn't driving hard...
  6. S

Pilot Sport 4 on track?

I'll give it a go then, hopefully they don't melt like chocolate.
  7. S

Pilot Sport 4 on track?

Hi, I am currently running a set of 205/45 17 set of Pilot Sport 4 on my EP3 due to MSA tyre rules (Autosolo). Does anyone have experience of them running on track days? Will they last with enough cool down time to not worth investing in a set of AD08R or similar and a second set of wheel for...
  8. S

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Totally inspirational, can wait to see it on the road.
  9. S

EP3 tyre advice needed

I am on the Pilot Sport 4 on my EP3. Excellent all rounder and more comfortable than the AD08R for sure. If you plan on tracking yours, the AD08R will get my pick, if not PS4. 215 45 17 AD08R Seems to fit very well without the stretched from the 205.
  10. S

EP3 changing speakers?

That would be a direct fitment if you don't want to drill into the metal. I have fitted a bigger set, the PC165 by just mounting them directly on the metal.
  11. S

EP3 changing speakers?

The PC165 is larger than the stock cone, might need to drill in to the metal. But other than that, it was pretty much a straight swap.
  12. S

EP3 changing speakers?

I highly recommend a Focal kit like the PC165, it's only a bit more than most lower end kit. I am decently happy about the performance from them, considering it's in a noisy car and relatively low cost compared to my home speakers or headphones.
  13. S

Exclusive Honda only track day

If the time is right, I am in!
  14. S

Your tyre reviews

Have been running a set of Pilot Sport 4 on my EP3 for the last few months. I am glad to say they are very grippy AND progressive when the grip does run out. Very good in the wet too. However as the temperature drops lately, the grip level seems to drop much quicker than Avon. Below double...
  15. S

EP3 (uk) - intake & exhaust upgrade - whats your opinion

I am thinking going down this route for my EP3 too. Currently on Tegiwa cat back, with Ingen Intake. But would like to keep it with a CAT for a remap.
  16. S

Airbox mod good drop in filter

I have just installed a Injen intake to my EP3. If you are after a K&N EP3 drop in filter, give me a shout!
  17. S

Suspension Replacement parts/EP3 Lowering - most likely Coilovers

I currently run a set of Bilstein coilover with camber bolts and arms on my EP3 without any other suspension mods. It handles miles better than the stock suspension while being far more controlled than the stock setup over the uneven stuff will far less body roll at the same time. Currently on...
  18. S

Which mod first, Polybush or LSD + Final Drive?

Thanks for all the comments. I have ordered a LSD from CW FN2 as it just popped up on eBay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222612120547 Hopefully I didn't make a mistake...
  19. S

The main benefit of a higher FD is not having the engine at an higher rpm but a direct increase of the wheel torque, hence faster acceleration.
  20. S

Thanks for all the responses, I guess it is overwhelmingly LSD over polybushing. Still deciding if I should get the Final Drive done at the same time to save a bit of money.
  21. S

EP3 Changing the final drive ratio

Getting a old CRV 5.1 final drive from a scrapper is an option or not? How well do they wear?
  22. S

I am planning to get a LSD fitted to my EP3 now that the suspension is sorted. The car rides so much better with Bilstein B14 and a geo setup than stock, a noticeable increase in grip on the same tyre. What would be the ideal next mod prepping up for a dyno tune... Sometime in the future...
  23. S

Mike's Cosmic EP3

I have half of the engine mount inserts installed, back 2 mount IIRC. It's quite bumpy on idle already. Also have some stiffer exhaust mounts, but they don't seems to make any difference in vibrations transferred to the cabin.
  24. S

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

How you managed £90 of petrol a week with a half hour commute is beyond me. Glad that you are enjoying the car.
  25. S

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I am pretty sure they are divided within a second. 2min and 0.33sec for the CTR and 2min and 0.91sec for the Cupra. Unless they crashed the Cupra while lapping the circuit, 1 minute difference between those 2 cars is not possible on a 2 minute track.
  26. S

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Reading online comments on the FK8 have been extremely entertaining. The lovely OOT styling clearly did the job of making itself known. Both on the internet and on the road soon.
  27. S

EP3 front right speaker dead

I ended up with a set of Focal PC165 as the previous owner already had upgraded, upsized and dyamated the front doors and with some Infinity coaxials installed. The difference is night and day but I can't help to think the Focals are a bit overkill for the general lack of isolation of the Type...
  28. S

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

I would really recommend at least getting alignment done with camber bolts and arms even if you are not getting coilover or lowering spring. Better investment than a CAI IMO.
  29. S

Most likely getting one up as it is a big discount from MSRP. PC130 https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/focal-pc130-performance-13cm-5-25-inch-120-watts-2-way-coaxial-car-door-speakers.html Adapter...
  30. S

My EP3 currently have the original headunit and MAYBE original speakers. Using the Connect Aux-in kit with the OEM headunit. The front right is mostly dead, there is low end coming out at very high volume but no mid range or highs. Hopefully the headunit isn't dead, I am not too fussy about...
  31. S

Well, that was quick. My EP3 had the Tegiwa CatBack on it when you had the ride. That should give you an idea on the noise level of it.
  32. S

For number 2, absolutely not. I personally check my oil level every 2 week typically or every week if driven hard. Please don't leave it till the oil light comes on or VTEC stopped working!
  33. S

If it haven't been booted into VTEC range recently, it doesn't necessarily meant that VTEC will not engage the second cam properly when you do rev it up. But if it actually doesn't shift into second cam at the right RPM with a warm engine and while on the move, just avoid.
  34. S

If it activate it should be fine, either it works or not really.
  35. S

DC5 Suspension upgrade

I recently mounted the Bilstein B14 (fixed rate dampers) kit on my EP3 and it really did transform the car. So much more body control and yet soaks bumps like a boss. Even more comfortable I dare say. I believe the DC5 will use the same or very similar kit.
  36. S

He did. https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history It is free to use, very useful for searches. :)
  37. S

I drive pretty swiftly and my mid range Avon ZZ5 still have some life after 1+ year and 10k+. I am pretty sure that the Michelin PS4 have raving review and reported low wear too. The ZZ5 cost me £70 odd per corner.
  38. S

My EP3 is my daily driver, though I did spend quite a bit for a set of Bilstein coilover upgrade on it. It is certainly not outrageous in terms of running cost. Just keep a big bottle of oil handy in the garage if you want to drive it the way that should be driven. Being in Camberley, also...
  39. S

Clutch & Diff @ TGM

A LSD is certainly something that I really wanted to do sometime in the future. After FRSU maybe with Bilstein B14/B16. However as this is still my only car and daily, most likely a helical LSD and no change in gearing. Anyone used the short final drive for motorway "cruising"?
  40. S

New brake pad, braided lines for EP3

Will be using TGM's own braided lines along with the Project Mu pads. Hopefully my unknown disks won't be chewed up too quickly. :D
  41. S

TRO Mugs

Would love to have 1.
  42. S

Nice to hear good things about them. Looking forward to differences it makes.
  43. S

Long time lurker. Currently running a stock NHB EP3 Long story short. Last owner had budget Mintex pads (£17) pairs on the car and it doesn't inspire any confidence. Planned to have my car worked on by TGM with HC+800 front, NC400 rear. Anyone have experience with them pads on standard...
Back