• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. G

EP3 / DC5 Exhaust Manifold 4-2 Upgrade Options?

Hi all, I have an EP3 with the DC5 cat and exhaust manifold to be fitted before mapping. I want to keep the lower, cat section so that it is MOT and insurance friendly but upgrade the upper exhaust manifold sections. Are there any other upgrade options for just the upper part of the...
  2. G

Clutch Vibration

Hi all, I had an Exedy clutch fitted and all seemed fine. I have done 350 miles on it and now noticed this issue..maybe it's unrelated? If you rest your foot on the clutch slightly, you can feel a slight vibration coming through the pedal. Once you press the clutch pedal down and go past...
  3. G

EP3 New Exedy Clutch Fitted, Increased Cabin Noise?

Hi all, I had a new Exedy clutch fitted to my EP3 and I am now noticing a noise in the cabin. It is very hard to explain, it almost sounds like normal road noise, but has a hint of a whirring sound. It is probably hard to make out if you don't drive the car daily, but I know it is there...
  4. G

High Mileage Overhaul?

Hello all, My EP3 has about 140,000 miles, which I have only had since last September. It has some good service history and under my ownership has had replacement: Oil Filter Timing chain Spark plugs Valve clearances done Cabin filters Brake pads and discs Exedy clutch Is there anything...
  5. G

Knock Sensor & EML

Hello all, Hope you can help. I'll keep it short and sweet. Had my gearbox changed, they broke the knock sensor. Told me they tried to repair it and reattached it. I have been advised elsewhere that once the knock sensor is broke it can't be repaired so I need to buy a new one...
  6. G

Bought an EP3 yestestery, funny noise on the drive home

Hi all, I purchased an EP3 yesterday and on the test drive, there were no issues. Gears felt good, no crunching when cold, VTEC pulled fine, no smoke and so on. However, on the drive home while cruising on the motorway at around 60-70mph, there was a funny, intermittent squeaking sound, which...
Back