• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DamnImStoked

Vtec Timer

Sorry for the late reply guys, still trying to sort it. Approaching 79k now, all fuses intact and alternator working as it should. This is where I'm up to NYA, found nothing yet but got lots still left to check. A bit difficult with lack of daylight and the current weather. Definitely think...
  2. DamnImStoked

Vtec Timer

Evening folks, hope somebody will be able to help shed some light with regards to some electrical gremlins my ep3 has developed today. Car in question is a 2002 EP3. Received a phone call earlier this evening off a friend who's battery had died on his BMW 116i. Fortunately for him I have jump...
  3. DamnImStoked

Dyno Dilemma

Smeghead. I warmed it up before it went on myself and it had 3 runs, 187 being the highest. Fortunately it was a local company so I'm thinking of trying a timing chain and getting clearances reset. ** take it to a few dynos near to me afterwards but i doubt it will amount to the 10hp I'm...
  4. DamnImStoked

Dyno Dilemma

Flashy yeah my car is stripped but so are two of the others I had a drive out with. As for tyres I'm running AD08R all round but not sure how that would affect a rolling start from 40. As for driver ability I'm no expert and been driving less than the others. Smeghead I'm assuming throughout...
  5. DamnImStoked

Dyno Dilemma

This is where things get complicated. It drives fine, after the dyno runs yesterday we went for a drive out again. The other ep3s that all pulled substantially more power than mine are slower than mine on a rolling start. By quite a noticeable gap as well. With regards to the exhaust Chris it...
  6. DamnImStoked

Dyno Dilemma

I haven't actually looked at the ecu itself but I'm only the second owner. Previous owner was shall we say an older woman, and everything was original. Plus if it was mapped then isn't the crossover point set lower than standard normally
  7. DamnImStoked

Dyno Dilemma

Tom83, no you're correct there is no map. However the 3 people running the same/similar mods didn't either. Feel like I'm missing something completely.
  8. DamnImStoked

Dyno Dilemma

Hi guys. If anyone could shine some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Taken my ep3 for its first ever dyno run today, and had a rather harsh wake up call. My car seems to be lacking a substantial amount of power compared to a lot of the guys who were running almost identical...
  9. DamnImStoked

EP3 Coilover Headache

The exhaust suggestion didn't work but thanks for trying help. ** double check drop links tomorrow but I'm pretty sure they should be ok, I replaced them a few month ago.
  10. DamnImStoked

EP3 Coilover Headache

** give it a go tomorrow partyvan. The knocking noise is almost identical to a drop link hanging off, yet both were replaced a few months ago. Clutching at straws here now
  11. DamnImStoked

EP3 Coilover Headache

Thanks for the advice guys ** give the swapping sides a shot tonight. As for the clearance with regards to the lower bush it's a, shall we say a snug fit. Not overly tight mind.
  12. DamnImStoked

EP3 Coilover Headache

Evening all, hope you're well Really hoping someone can shed some light on a current issue I'm having. I bought myself some used KW coilovers a few month back and finally got round to fitting them last weekend. Car is sitting as I wanted and the handling has improved dramatically. Now for...
  13. DamnImStoked

Ep3 Suspension Bolts

Thanks for the quick replies. Mike.H that link is pretty much exactly what iv been trying find, but whenever I search suspension bolts or nuts I just seem to find torque settings! R8hjx and Crowds, I have access to air saws and oxy-acetalene at work so removal shouldn't be too much hassle...
  14. DamnImStoked

Ep3 Suspension Bolts

Hi folks, hope this is in the right section. I've invested in some KW coilovers for my 52 EP3 AND can't wait to get them fitted. Although iv decided while I'm going have everything removed that I want to renew pretty much every suspension component. Bottom arms, drop links, TREs, camber arms...
Back