• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. A

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

The 2020 EU models come with GPF which decreases the exhaust sound level. The sound enhancement was added to compensate for that.
  2. A

FK8 Mud flaps?

True I also think it ruins the looks. I'd like to avoid the protection film since it's a pain to remove it without leaving glue residues on the surface. So I chose the least bad solution: the flaps.
  3. A

FK8 Rallye Red paint

I used to like CW until I saw a few on bad weather and did not like that. The muddy water splashed around the body was quite visible. A pity since when spotless clean the CW effect is amazing.
  4. A

FK8 Mud flaps?

Hi I bought RallyArmor mud flaps: https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/rally-armor-honda-civic-type-r-fk8-17-ur-mudflaps.html Haven't installed them yet. First Cquartz pro UK. A bit pricey but they have good feedback and could save from potential repainting.
  5. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Since yesterday I'm owning a '19 CTR built on 4'th of January. So I can reply to some of my initial questions maybe it helps others: - there is not head unit volume knob / parking brake button led - there is no particulate filter. Sales agent tried to check the VINs of their cars scheduled for...
  6. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

An idea thanks. But here in Luxemburg the periodical/routine technical controls are very strict. Even prohibiting tyre sizes not mentioned by manufacturer. If removing the DPF/GPF then ECU must be remapped also. An entire hassle. Also it's beyond me starting to modify so deep a new car.
  7. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

It's not a free pipe anymore. I listened diesels with/without DPF and the difference is perceivable.
  8. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

I'm in a similar situation, except my car is not a Boxster and does not appreciate. :) On one hand I'm waiting for the face-lift hoping they fixed the grinding cause(a civicx CTR 2019 owner said that shifting does not feel notchy so there is hope). On the other hand if the face-lift comes with...
  9. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

https://www.civicx.com/threads/estimated-delivery-date.31837/ and according to this production of MY2019 started on 18th of October 2018. Pfff then they produce facelift for US and old version for Europe?! What a mess... I'd like to buy one but due to this Honda mess, it's hard to reach a...
  10. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Thank you for the info. - it's ok if the volume knob(https://www.autoblog.com/photos/2019-honda-civic-type-r/#slide-7459929) is not there maybe it is not the face lift. Pff I'm really confused on Civicx they said 2019 model started to be built from beginning of November 2018. - I googled and saw...
  11. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Thanks a lot for the help! - first what emission class / manufacturing date are written in your vehicle registration document / certificate of conformity? - still 320hp in the documents? - is the engine still sounding right? - do you have the face-lift model (with new volume button added to...
  12. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

https://www.fleeteurope.com/en/taxation-and-legislation/europe/features/do-you-know-your-euro-6-your-6c-and-6d-temp Euro 6d Temp still allows for an additional 110% extra margin on Nox emissions, until September 2019: "Euro 6c (WLTP, i.e. lab conditions), which took effect on September 1st 2017...
  13. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

From the link below I understand that Euro CTR from 05/2018 have GPF(gas particulate filter)? Any owner can confirm? https://remus.eu/blog/remus-product-information-14-2018/
  14. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Thanks for the info. Makes sense a power decrease. Not to mention the toll on turbo/engine long time reliability. I checked Honda Uk website and the brochure seem to be still the old ones(edited in 2017). Do we find somewhere the brochures for 2019 European model?
  15. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Correct me if I'm wrong. My understanding is that current 2018 CTR model is Euro 6d-Temp compliant. And I saw that Euro 6d-Temp standard is supposed to last for 2019/2020. From 2021 onward there will be the more strict Euro 6d that will require particulate filters for gasoline. Does anybody...
  16. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

As Chris says there are plenty of incidents documented on the web. Check US forums for example. Most of them are enthusiasts, having experience with manuals anyway. Some here might have had positive experience with Honda dealerships. But when I read about other unsuccessful ones I'm not...
  17. A

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Hi everybody, Does any of you own the 2019 CTR face-lift? Or has one ordered? There will be an important change in Euro zone- the particulate filter. I wonder how will it impact performance and engine/exhaust sound? Also it's rumored(no part numbers yet) that transmission issues were...
  18. A

FK8 New member and soon to be R owner

Hi everybody @Mondie I am roughly in the same position as you. I've been following this since before launch. But I was put off by the transmission issues that seemed bit too frequent(see civicx 2nd gear grind thread). For the 2019 model rumor goes(see last pages of same thread) that gearbox...
  19. A

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Thank you man! It's one of the best news I had this year. I wonder how long would it take for the change to be implemented in the production chain. As somebody said earlier, I'm also having this car on my mind but holding off getting it. I tested it against M2 and FK8R ended up being more...
  20. A

FK8 4wd next edition?

Woww, I'm very enthusiastic about this. Imagine what a beast this car will be. Will put to shame more exotic/expensive cars. Can't wait to see it in real tests. These concerns look legit. Plus I'd add: - durability over bad roads for example. If replacing a damaged wheel costs like 3-4k then...
  21. A

FK8 So far a good decision

I tested same day FK8R and M2 LCI. M2 boring, too linear, more body roll than FK8R, sound muted inside almost like regular BMs, less grip in corners. Unimpressive, I was like: that's it? For 55k euros (after discounts). Not to mention that LCI dash was redesigned and looked to me cheaper and...
  22. A

Nice to hear that! Did you follow a brake bedding procedure?
  23. A

I forgot: clutch drag(not being able to clutch completely causes gear notchiness and wears synchros): https://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/clutch-drag-kills-synchros I missed Top Gear unfortunately :( I must find an UK proxy(anybody knows any?) to be able to watch record on BBC online Any...
  24. A

In Europe the cars arrived some months later than US, plus smaller distances hence less mileage. I can not come up with a pertinent reason why US has higher occurrence. Yeah in theory there is the warranty. In practice however we don't live in a perfect world so your mileage might vary. Check...
  25. A

Nice to hear that, cool. Though they'd better use their resources to solve the issues on this car(gearbox grind/lockout, overheating...). Should these keep recurring I won't buy this car no matter how many records it breaks. My local dealership had all colors on stock. Still I did not feel...
  26. A

FK8 Quality issues

A recent video from Porsche explaining braking squeal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNHb9O52WQ Has some animations, scientific facts. Ok but can't help from observing that they turned this occasion to their advantage to promote the brand and it's values... "make no mistake" :p
  27. A

FK8 What and when to buy?

Lux is left hand drive. If not mistaken I think the whole mainland Europe is LHD. Yeah I see what you mean, def that is a difference(1st to 2nd: pull for RHD vs push for RHD). I follow other forums also(Civicx...) and owners mentioned that grinding was related with turning. Also recently one...
  28. A

FK8 What and when to buy?

I visited a Luxembourg dealership last wend and they offered 5% off for a TypeR gt. But due to the few issues(gearbox grind, cooling) I prefer to wait a bit and see how it works. The test car's gearbox was ok and not notchy unlike the FK2R test car. I plan to keep the car at least 10 years.
  29. A

EP3 FK8 exhausts

AFE - looks to be the strongest, not bad for track; for daily driving might be too much Remus - is my favorite. Sounds stronger than stock, distinct personality than most exhausts, no drone and not too harsh. Great for dd. I don't want to upset people with something too strong. Plus I trust more...
  30. A

FK8 Quality issues

Most of the forum members out there are car enthusiasts that have a long expertise in driving manual transmissions. Given that it also happened on FK2R I tend to take them seriously. I remember that even the FK2R drive test car had a considerably notchy second gear. What amazes me in the US is...
  31. A

Thanks for the reply. Yes the red piping looks nice, I'd rather have it. True with the resale value should sell easier. I'd rather have the integrated gps, it's works better than standalone ones afaik. These Sensing type of systems are still in an incipient phase, from all producers. They fail...
  32. A

Regarding Sensing technology: - is it possible to disable it (lane assist, collision avoidance, traffic sign recognition) ? I ask as I know somebody with a C-class and the car mistakenly self-brakes sometimes(with no obstacle in front). He was almost rear-ended several times due to this. - can...
  33. A

Passed by a Luxemb dealership. They have a CW FK8 Type R. Impressed with the exterior(esp the front), it looks exotic like some sort of supercar. Seats: Even in the lowest position the seat is still higher than Bmw 1,2,3,4 series. It does not have seat tilting(it's magic for long trips-prevents...
  34. A

The Car throttle review sounds encouraging by the improvements over FK2 he talks about. I also get to increasingly like the FK8 Type R the more I look at it. I'm only concerned about: - steering's lack of feedback reported by some reviewers (Engineering explained + other american review) -...
  35. A

Perfectly right pre-owned is cheaper than new. Not challenging your opinion. I'm trying to understand what are the factors to make a pre-owned performance car purchase a viable option. What makes others consider preowned ones? Although preowned are cheaper after a lot of things can go wrong with...
  36. A

I am generally reluctant to buy preowned high performance cars. Thinking what kind of treatment they usually get. I try to buy new if I afford. Am I missing something?
  37. A

Things look already promising. The Autogefuhl reviewer was impressed by the how the steering of the FK8 Sport version felt. No problem, we're here to debate/exchange information. For me the ideal is having a more knowledgeable entourage to help me improve. Also chatting with native English...
  38. A

I wasn't explicit enough. I was referring to the markets where the FK2 Type R was sold. In America/Australia there is different situation afaik. I agree with you. I see around a lot of hype/demand for FK8 Type R over there. At least for the beginning. Perhaps those markets will be better esp due...
  39. A

True the target customers got FK2. I suppose the ones to get the FK8 will be the significantly less: - some FK2 owners, provided that they manage to sell the FK2 - this means discounting it. Given that the market is still flooded by FK2s(200 about on autoscout24.com) that are sitting. Most of...
  40. A

I had smth similar (franchised insurance) when I tested FK2 type R. I tested recently a Cayman 718. I wonder what was the insurance franchise there. :) On another note, man I wish I haven't done this. It opened the Pandora's box. Amazed not, but highly impressed yes. How it corners, feeling...
  41. A

Strange enough the drive tests for premium brands are usually unattended (at least here in Lux). You even get the car for the day/weekend sometimes. But the ones for other brands are attended, I don't understand the logic behind. 1k+ to pay in case you purchase? unbelievable to pay for td
  42. A

As others mentioned I see daily around couple of Fords, Hyundais in this color. I think it's a trend with this grayish primer look color. Different than normal colors but I don't like it either.
  43. A

FK8 Deposit down!

Could be due to higher taxes? We have here 17% VAT, the only tax when purchasing a new car. Yeah in absolute figures the Type R is cheaper here on the continental side than in UK. However the pricing ratios remain roughly the same relative to the competition.
  44. A

FK8 Deposit down!

Thanks for the link. If it's around GT FK2 price(with(out) % promotion) I'll go for it. I don't want the carbon package(despite being good looking) as it would make it a target for thieves. Also 2-4 k is a steep price. Maybe in UK Honda is more popular among customers. Here (Benelux, Germany)...
  45. A

FK8 Deposit down!

Yes in Lux alone there are 2 dealers 2 garages each if I remember. There are much more in neighboring countries. I read that there are some makers like Volvo, Porsche, Bmw at least that offer Euro delivery. You order the car/pay at the dealership but you can pick up yourself the car from...
  46. A

FK8 Deposit down!

Does anyone know whether it's possible to take a car delivery from Honda Swindon plant? I am not comfortable with RHD(never did it) but given that Swindon is not far from ferry I'd take a chance. I visited London last year can't be thankful enough for the inscriptions: look right - look left :D
  47. A

FK8 Deposit down!

This is a bit 2 k more over the FK2 Gt type R. It's what I read somewhere that some responsible declared about the price increase. Only thing needed from that GT package were the parking sensors. The dealer offered to install them for 600 euros. The GPS - I have a portable Tomtom which is good...
  48. A

FK2 Advice needed choosing between FK2 and FK8 Type R

By raw I was referring at current produced cars. Yes compared to older ones they are not that raw as they got more compliant to target more customers. There are great older cars. But I cannot afford currently the time(to get documented) and deal with potential problems of an older car. I get...
  49. A

I see the point. I'd also take FK2 but having read about gearbox problems makes me really hesitate. Paying 30k euros and finding myself with a partially usable car that will stay in the repair shops. Given that those gearbox problems can not be reproduced each time makes a drive test potentially...
  50. A

FK8 Type R should be improved but : - I don't like the interior (looks bit generic) - exterior is not as striking to me as the FK2 Type R one - variable steering ratio? this isn't a soccer mom's car - seems to me that Honda plays the hard to get with this car; they supposedly launched it at...
  51. A

Not an expert but sometimes is just marketing. They have a new chassis coming out and they need to get a Type R. In WTCC, BTCC they still use the FK2 Type R chassis for 2017. You're right the FK2 will be an evolution but: - I like more the exterior of FK2 and especially the interior(dash much...
  52. A

Nice car but the hassle is too much for my expertise. I prefer something reliable that I can just enjoy without big maintenance headaches. @Loxy how do you compare the 330xd with the FK2 type R(handling, performance)? (ok 3 liters diesel 6 cyl is a beast so might get even here)
  53. A

@Bonito Yeah I was contemplating also something older(Skyline R33, R34), however I'm not skilled to work on the car, I have concerns about things going wrong. I still dream one day to be able to keep a vintage car by myself. FK2 is hardcore enough for my driving skills and the way I use cars...
  54. A

Thanks for the answers @RichE91 True, being more limited likely it will keep better the value over time. @dweezle Legit argument as I won't be using it on the track to avoid wrecking it. Despite having Spa, Nurburgring, Hockeheim not far away(I live in Luxembourg) I never took my car there. I...
  55. A

Hi everybody, I need your help choosing between a FK2 and FK8 type R. For the moment I drive a Bmw 420d but I want something more hardcore, a real enthusiast's car. I found a 8k km FK2 GT package in good condition for 30k euros(was 35k new). How I see the situation FK2 pros: - exterior...
Back