• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 4wd next edition?

What do we think, based on the rear footwell, they must be dropping a prop shaft in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been reading civicx?:Modular chassis will allow AWD and torque vectoring from the next Acura to be added apparently

In my opinion its a nah, adds to much weight, not pure type r, not chasing the silly bhp.....but I'd like them to for sure

It took Honda a long time to go via the turbo engine route, but they had no other option to keep up with the competition. As the HP/NM numbers continue to increase (next Golf R and Focus RS) they will have no choice but to go AWD and probably develop a dual clutch (I could live without that) option.

All IMHO of course :D

^^^ This.

IMHO, Honda would rather develop a hybrid tech hot hatch sticking with fwd. Simple, fast, light (batteries haha). Much like the NSX.

Would give Honda another unique vehicle, a forward thinking vehicle. Instead of an also ran.

27500169498_10862cc918_b.jpg

?!?!?!?!?!? :freak:

what a great look for the car.

Obviously they won't upset the balance of it will they.

27500169498_10862cc918_b.jpg

?!?!?!?!?!? :freak:

this actually looks really intetesting. an extra 70 bhp per driven wheel ( system weighs less than whats currently on each corner) so an extra 140 bhp without an increase in weight and 4wd traction !!!!! the finished version would have a laser cut front cover same style as a standard fk8 alloy. there are some videos of it actually being driven too. should be ready in 90 days for test drives.

this actually looks really intetesting. an extra 70 bhp per driven wheel ( system weighs less than whats currently on each corner) so an extra 140 bhp without an increase in weight and 4wd traction !!!!! the finished version would have a laser cut front cover same style as a standard fk8 alloy. there are some videos of it actually being driven too. should be ready in 90 days for test drives.

Saw the video, love the idea, but I am worried about the control system (I don't know the company), they would need to put thousands of miles in testing grounds to see if their torque vectoring system works, how it communicates with the car's traction control system, and also the basics (talking with the ECU to get throttle/braking information). Also, how big is the battery pack? Where does it go? It will also need a beefy controller (heat dissipation: assuming the system has 80% efficiency that means that we need around 120 kW to give 70 HP to each wheel, that means that the system will dissipate ~20 kW as heat!!!)

Woww, I'm very enthusiastic about this. Imagine what a beast this car will be. Will put to shame more exotic/expensive cars. Can't wait to see it in real tests.

Saw the video, love the idea, but I am worried about the control system (I don't know the company), they would need to put thousands of miles in testing grounds to see if their torque vectoring system works, how it communicates with the car's traction control system, and also the basics (talking with the ECU to get throttle/braking information). Also, how big is the battery pack? Where does it go? It will also need a beefy controller (heat dissipation: assuming the system has 80% efficiency that means that we need around 120 kW to give 70 HP to each wheel, that means that the system will dissipate ~20 kW as heat!!!)
These concerns look legit. Plus I'd add:
- durability over bad roads for example. If replacing a damaged wheel costs like 3-4k then it's quite steep.
- cost / extent of modifications for the conversion. Is is reversible? If you really need to modify suspension arm/hubs then less people will be interested I guess. Changing wheel offset/other dimensions means other suspension forces / impact overall car balance.

I'm also asking myself why no other manufacturers put this idea in practice given that it's since quite a while? And considering their R&D resources.
It's like Tesla they thought they made a huge breakthrough and then traditional manufacturers just started to flex a bit and gave them some serious competition.

He’s just .. American.
Oh yea it's easy to spot Americans during trips to foreign countries. They are really "verbose" to be polite: "...and than it was like .. duude I mean it was like ...omg!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back