• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

FK8 Check your tyres properly on full lock

Went to get my tyres checked yesterday after 5000 miles as they were looking a little worn but still legal across the width of the tyre. I thought I might have a hundred miles left in them but when checked on full lock they were very bald and down to the tyre threads. No rubber left at all...
  2. M

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

https://www.tyres-guru.co.uk/product/Continental/SportContact-6/245-30-ZR20/R-280492 I need to replace mine. Been looking at these for £185 or might try some P-Zero's. Anyone got any recommendations.
  3. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Hey Dotty, Have you had your HKS fitted yet? I'm thinking about one for mine. Just after a few thoughts from someone that's already taken the leap.
  4. M

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I think it depends on how you unlocked the car in the first place. If you just use the key proximity and open the door the other doors and boot remain locked. If you opened all the doors by pressing the fob twice then the boot should open while the engines running.
  5. M

FK8 Traction Control / VSA / Wheel Spin (R+ Mode) - FK8

Well if you're impressed now it'll probably blow your mind when it gets to the spring. This car definitely prefers nice warm dry roads.
  6. M

Nope, not really noticed that. I promise to try harder in the future :-) I have noticed a bit of wheelspin even in 3rd occasionally though. Saying that the roads are rubbish at the moment and there is a huge difference driving the FK8 on these greasy roads. How long have you had yours. Have...
  7. M

I'm not 100% sure what you mean but you can definitely tell theres a little bit of diff magic going on if you get aggressive coming out of corners! The front inner wheel just seems to tuck itself in nicely. Quite a few times I've thought how did I manage that :-) And that's from an X Subaru...
  8. M

I only ever use +R mode and see the same as you especially if the roads are a little greasy. I've learnt to be a little less binary and less aggressive with my right foot. Feeding the power in slightly more progressively certainly reduces the wheelspin and is just as quick in the end. That's...
  9. M

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Rather presumptuous of you :-) I met this couple when I was ordering mine. Lovely people!!!! They were driving an FK2 at the time and loving every moment of it!
  10. M

Press the "i" button on the steering wheel then use the left/right arrow keys on the wheel to cycle through the options. You'll eventually come to the Accelerator Position/Braking Pressure Meter option. Press Enter if thats the one you want to show on the dash.
  11. M

Where does it get fitted? Surely if it's that easy to remove it's pretty pointless as a security/antitheft feature!
  12. M

I was offered the dongle but read the small print and decided not to bother. Terms and Conditions can be found here...
  13. M

Ahh! Autostart/stop :-) I never even knew mine had that! I only ever use +R mode :-) Handbrake is a faff! Nearly 2 months in mine and I'm still not used to it! Has anyone tried a handbrake turn yet? Is it possible?
  14. M

What's the Auto Cut Out? I've started mine hundreds of times and I'm not sure what you're referring to!
  15. M

There's already holes in the correct place in the carpet. You just need to snip out a little square where the holes are to fix the plastic fittings through.
  16. M

Yes you get the little plastic clips with the mats.
  17. M

Genuine Honda standard Civic rubber mats fit perfect and are good quality. I got mine from Cox Motor Parts.
  18. M

Based on that I'd send mine back if I didn't love it so much :)
  19. M

I bought some standard civic (New shape) genuine Honda rubber mats for mine from Cox. They fit perfectly and are pretty good. About £60 front and rear
  20. M

Mmmmm. I was looking at that too. Would you be able to add a few photos please when you have yours
  21. M

3rd fill up for me on 550 miles. Ive been having fun
  22. M

No but I guess that's the only reason why. I think they were going for the technobabble we're not going to commit to anything approach. The loom may well be physically different but I'd have thought they got them from the same place with the same build quality and therefore if one loom had...
  23. M

Yes i have. Honda engineers came to worcester to look at mine today. Engine management and rev match warning lights. A bit of technobabble explanation but my understanding was they replaced some solenoid/sensor related to the turbo. The new parts required some connector mods which they did...
  24. M

Only 10mph!!!!! I assume you mean 10mph above other performance cars. Mines about 50mph more happy than all the cars I was overtaking the other night :-) Mines nicely bedded in now (500 miles) and it's awesome. I can definitely feel the weight difference compared to my previous 4 wheel...
  25. M

Slightly concerned! Honda are sending some engineers (I guess from swindon) to look at my car tomorrow and have said they don't want it on the road. Eeek! Further updates to follow tomorrow! Hopefully they just said that to panic me and make sure they can have it tomorrow as I had plans I've...
  26. M

Didn't have long in the FK2. It was very fast but I prefer the 8. Seating position is much lower in the 8 and it's just a much nicer feel inside. I don't know why everyone says the FK2 is stiff in +R mode as it's nothing compared to my Subaru Sti. Steering feel in the 8 is also much weightier...
  27. M

Cars back at the dealer today. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of my Engine Management and Rev Match warning light issue. Honda want some photos and fiddling doing but they're fairly sure it's not the same issue as the cars in the US have been seeing. On the plus side they've given me an...
  28. M

The car still drives fine with the warnings on so no real need to worry about a long trip.
  29. M

Guess what???? Mines broken again. Same symptoms. I think i'll suggest they look at whats been happening in the US this time.
  30. M

Thanks, I had the same issue with the rev shift lights :-) Shame you can't have those and the Turbo/Brake meters on at the same time! I've discovered a couple more features which are quite neat in a novelty sort of way. The little flashing blindspot warning indicators on the wing mirrors...
  31. M

Quick trip to the dealer this morning. They connected their laptops and apparently the car was reporting a stuck turbo valve error so not the same issue that has been reported in the US numerous times. After speaking to Honda UK they just checked over the turbo system to make sure everything...
  32. M

Great! Broken mine already. Engine warning and rev match warning lights on! A trip to the dealer tomorrow i think :-(
  33. M

Is it loud on idle? Mines not but it is louder than I expected when I am driving it. Again better than I expected anyway. Has anyone had a bang from their exhaust yet. Mine gave a loud bang once but unfortunately I can't remember exactly how I was driving at the time. It was that loud I...
  34. M

I was offered all of the above! Decided not to take any but I did take the 5 year service plan for £499 + vat. I was told they don't do alloy wheel protection on the type R. I was offered stone chip insurance too but it didn't include chips to the bonnet so be careful if you get offered...
  35. M

Always had black so I can sneak up on the boy racers in the dark :-) I think I need some black wheel nuts!
  36. M

Black looks better
  37. M

Picked mine up yesterday from Startin Honda Worcester. I've picked up a few new cars in my time and Startin were by far the best bunch I've bought from. Everyone there is extremely enthusiastic about the Type R which is great to see. When I work out how to do pictures on here I'll post a pic...
  38. M

Off to pick mine up in a minute.
  39. M

This one sounds quite good but not available yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCp5OQ8xFrk
  40. M

Similar experience to me then. I loved the Evo X but it was always back in the garage for problems. Sti is awesome but I've had 4 now and as you say getting a little dated and I just fancied something different this time around. I will miss the sound though! The dogs will miss the sound too...
  41. M

Nice list of cars you've had. How does your FK2 compare to the Evo X and WRX Sti. I've had an Evo X, currently got Sti 340R and next week moving to an FK8.
  42. M

That's very annoying! Go kick some butt!!!!
  43. M

Startin Honda in Worcester. I think I'll phone him and ask why I can't have it tomorrow if some are arriving today. He did say it was leaving Honda UK today so not sure where it's going for 4 days!
  44. M

Just heard mines arriving at my dealer on Monday so I know what I'll be doing next week :-)
  45. M

Ridiculous. All that ranting and not once did he mention that he had actually sat in one and driven it. How can you as a self professed "Auto Expert" state "Don't Buy" without having even driven the car. Shame on me for wasting 17 minutes of my life listening to his completely irrelevant...
  46. M

The black FK8 looks awesome. I saw it on Friday and now I can't wait to get mine. Wish I'd gone to Goodwood for 3 days instead of 1. Far too much to see and do in 1 day. Big thanks to Honda Worcester for the tickets.
  47. M

FK8 Deposit down!

Good choice! GT86's are good fun but nowhere near as fast or as much power as the FK8 is going to have.
  48. M

The Honda Civic Type R is the 2017 Auto Express Hot Hatch of the Year, with the Ford Focus RS and Volkswagen Golf GTI commended. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/99886/hot-hatch-of-the-year-2017-honda-civic-type-r
  49. M

Off to Goodwood on Friday courtesy of Ben at Startin Honda Worcester. New Type R is being shown for the first time on the Honda stand. I'll finally be able to touch one :-)
  50. M

I nearly phoned the dealer and went for this colour on pre-order day. I thought it was the same colour as the Prototype brushed metal which looked pretty cool. Luckily I drove to the dealer instead and they had a Standard Civic in this colour. It is awful so I went for Black instead :-)...
  51. M

Cool, I'll keep my fingers crossed mine turns up in July then :-) If not I'll be having a 48 hour test drive every weekend!
  52. M

These are the timescales I got from Honda. I've got one on pre-order: Deliveries We intend to have demo units out to dealers in July, in line with your submitted colour choices. Customer deliveries will start from September.
  53. M

FK8 Deposit down!

Definitely just the £3K deposit and no more. I've just been told dealer cars arriving July and customer cars arriving September. My dealer doesn't know if the September date is for pre-order cars. He thinks pre-order cars may be earlier but is awaiting confirmation.
  54. M

Exactly! I've already got an Impreza and it's just not angry enough :D Once I get my new CTR I'll do a quick comparison. "Subaru Sti 340R" v New CTR if anyones interested.
  55. M

Very Nice. How come he's got one already? :( I can't wait to get mine. Same colour as mine too :D First time I've seen one in black
  56. M

FK8 Deposit down!

Crystal Black for me. Should offset the red nicely and scare the life out of anyone thats out after dark :-) If anyones interested here's a few more details from Honda...
  57. M

FK8 Deposit down!

I've put my GT Spec order in too. They have no idea of specs, price or delivery dates yet so winging it a bit. Subaru Sti and Evo driver for the last 20 years so I hope I'm not disappointed. Surely I won't be!!! I fancied something a little different this time round and this car looks awesome...
Back