• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I cancelled my order this morning , I'm going to wait out and see how people get on with them on initial release.. explained to the dealer that I've read issues from America regarding the rev matching , and also some paint issues in the uk. Dealer was fine with that and has processed a refund with my deposit.

I feel your new white FK2 maybe going 'full retard' at Dream very soon?!?!

Picked mine up yesterday from Startin Honda Worcester. I've picked up a few new cars in my time and Startin were by far the best bunch I've bought from. Everyone there is extremely enthusiastic about the Type R which is great to see.

When I work out how to do pictures on here I'll post a pic!

Did about 90 miles last night and initial thoughts are extremely encouraging. Too early to compare to my old Evo X and Subari Sti but I'll do that in couple of weeks.

Still taking it a bit steady to bed in the brakes but it handles very well and feels very agile under braking and through a few twisty corners. I never thought I'd say this but I don't think I'll miss the 4-wheel drive unless it's snowing or very wet! I don't do 0-60 drag racing so speed of the line was never a concern and I haven't tested it yet. 30-70+ is going to be mental though as the engine just seems to deliver power way past my old subaru's rev limiter.

Only downsides so far are the exhaust note compared to the subaru (but nothing much matches that anyway) and the lack of a handbrake (that will take some getting used to).

I'll do a better comparison when I've done a few more miles.

red looks the best ;)

Black looks better

23trvab.jpg

Have any been offered these options? This is from Marshalls:

MAP (Marshall Asset Protection) - this works the same way as GAP as in it’s a protection between the cost paid and the market value of the car in the event of the car being written off. £599 for a 36 months

AUTOGLYM LifeShine - is a carbon shield technology protecting the bodywork, glass and interior which helps keep the car looking newer for longer. It also protects against weather, fading and oxidation and comes with a lifetime guarantee. £499 and comes with a pack of products (I know this is hugely marked up)

Alloy Wheel Protection - covers the wheels for 3 years / up to 18 repairs. The repairs can be carried out where and when you choose and there is no excess. Repairs also come with a 2 year guarantee. £259

Tyre - covers the wheels for punctures and vandalism for 3 years / up to 5 claims over the cover period. The repairs can be carried out where and when you choose and there is no excess. (Didn't get a quote)

Cosmetic - A 3 year cover / 18 repairs. Covers dents, scratches and scuffs up to 30cm in diameter and 3mm in depth. Repairs come with a 3 year guarantee and no excess. £409

Good value?

I got the wheel and tyre thing from Honda once upon a time... Not worth the paper it's written on. They fobbed me off 3 times, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. If you pay for something like that it should be a painless experience IMO. Perhaps different dealers are better than others but from personal experience I'd steer clear. A mile clear.

All of that stuff is just for the salesman to make his extra wedge, get the cheapest deal you can get IMO. GAP is a different thing but again, you're insured so you're not going to lose much, if anything.

MAP (Marshall Asset Protection) - this works the same way as GAP as in it’s a protection between the cost paid and the market value of the car in the event of the car being written off. £599 for a 36 months

AUTOGLYM LifeShine - is a carbon shield technology protecting the bodywork, glass and interior which helps keep the car looking newer for longer. It also protects against weather, fading and oxidation and comes with a lifetime guarantee. £499 and comes with a pack of products (I know this is hugely marked up)

Alloy Wheel Protection - covers the wheels for 3 years / up to 18 repairs. The repairs can be carried out where and when you choose and there is no excess. Repairs also come with a 2 year guarantee. £259

Tyre - covers the wheels for punctures and vandalism for 3 years / up to 5 claims over the cover period. The repairs can be carried out where and when you choose and there is no excess. (Didn't get a quote)

Cosmetic - A 3 year cover / 18 repairs. Covers dents, scratches and scuffs up to 30cm in diameter and 3mm in depth. Repairs come with a 3 year guarantee and no excess. £409

Good value?

I was offered all of the above! Decided not to take any but I did take the 5 year service plan for £499 + vat.

I was told they don't do alloy wheel protection on the type R.

I was offered stone chip insurance too but it didn't include chips to the bonnet so be careful if you get offered that!

My Valeter said he would do the Lifeshine much cheaper but even then he said don't bother just go for a Polish and Wax once a year.

Good value?

I'd buy the alloy wheel protection in a heart beat, but thats it from that list. It is very VERY easy to kerb Type R alloys.

Autoglym Lifeshine is the biggest joke. Don't bother with it.
The product itself is ok but it all depends on the application and i can tell you, it won't be applied well. Dealerships don't have the time or tools to apply it properly. Do you ever see a super clean detailing space with the correct lighting to see paint imperfections at a Honda dealership. Nope. They'll give the detailer :lol: (car washer) an hour to apply the product. They probably won't even wash the car first. They won't tape up the car. They'll polish off the product with a worn out DA polisher. The car will come away with swirled paint.

If you seriously want paint protection look up a quality detailer that applies Ceramic Pro or GYEON quartz.

I would decline all those extras, they're commission based so they force them on to you.
Gap insurance is worth it for peace of mind but you can get 5years cover for less than that elsewhere

Waiting on a red one myself coming from an FK2, not too worried about the concern's on civx at the moment, the rev match issue is down the wiring loom plug, so no biggie. Couple of owners complaining about grinding gears, I's bet some of that is down to their driving style. I've a couple of friends from the states and when they come over here and "drive stick shift" they bang the gear's out of it, even though they have driven them before, they are more used to auto's.

I wouldn't let any of that sway me off one though. Has anyone who got one so far had the red ambient light kit fitted?

Picked my CW up today from Chiswick Honda at 2 and have only come home cos the lights faded!

The sat nav can't find satellites for some reason so will need to get that sorted. Other than that I am pleasantly surprised with the exhaust, it's no Subaru but it's loud!!! I wonder if there is a hole in it or something as it's nothing like the demo car!!!!

Straight to Hobbycraft, bought loads of sticky back black foam sheets and set about protecting the interior cos I am a bit of a freak.....door pockets where people kick doors open, back of the front seats, centre console, sills...told you, freak.

75 miles under its belt now and can wait for the 60 mile drive to work tomorrow....

Back