• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Vortexhunter

FK8 Fk8 and discounts?

When I bought the S2000 my wife and I decided to replace the FK8 with an MK8 ST2 (ST2 so we would get the smaller wheels, got traumatised with the FK8 ). Got it in August and have done over 6k miles in it and it has been amazing, better suited for everyday UK B-road driving (because it's...
  2. Vortexhunter

FK8 FK8 overheating

You can also use Tinypic or Imgur
  3. Vortexhunter

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Yes they do. It was either a weight thing or a heritage thing... Bollocks!
  4. Vortexhunter

Best online quotes

Call them and mention that you will most certainly leave them at the end of the insurance period because of this and they will probably lower the extra a bit. Be nice to the agent, that always helps! I got my 5 year NCB mirrored on the Fiesta ST after having a long chat with the agent when I was...
  5. Vortexhunter

FK8 The steering wheel holds dips!

Are you eating in the car? :mad: :mad: :mad:
  6. Vortexhunter

FK8 Winter tyres

That means that you didn't use a car's width to overtake the cyclist... Naughty...
  7. Vortexhunter

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

I think it flexing of the cabin + non-flexible filler in the seam under the paint. Mine was very rubbery when I touched/checked/molested it :lol:
  8. Vortexhunter

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

Yours is an early one? I remember looking at this in the US forums and checked mine, the seams are different. Didn't take a picture before selling so I can't show you. Anyone with a 67+ plate car that can take a picture of that area?
  9. Vortexhunter

FK8 FK8 as a Daily (High Mileage) Driver??

You will be replacing front tyres between 8k and 15k depending on driving style, so add that to your running costs (when I replaced mine they were £190 a pop for MPS4S's). If the car has a service plan you won't have to pay for oil change and the sort, but I think it's not that expensive. Rear...
  10. Vortexhunter

Wheels look like NSX fronts... Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  11. Vortexhunter

FK8 Hot weather and boost pressure observations

If I remember correctly the car uses torque tables, so with cold weather you will need less boost to get to the same torque. CivicX forums have a lot of information on that. Look for the Hondata or kTuner development threads.
  12. Vortexhunter

FK2 Accessory function

In most new cars you have to :P
  13. Vortexhunter

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I had 24-26 mpg over the 16k miles I had the car. Only times I had 28+ was when we were on long motorway journeys. Almost got to 40 mpg on one long A1 run. Regarding infotainment I had zero issues with Android auto, never used the wireless charger. And you are right, sound system is not...
  14. Vortexhunter

Mine had a similar crack, I think it's thermal expansion. Made a warranty claim, but sold the car so no clue if Honda will actually replace it, but that is obviously not from a rock or anything...
  15. Vortexhunter

What did you do to your Type R today?

Ahh see, but if I discuss things, explain why I need/want them and I get pre-approved, then there is no backsies. For example, my S2000 supercharger upgrade has already been approved even if we don't have the £8-10k I am planning to dish on it ;) We've been together since 2006 and things have...
  16. Vortexhunter

Brave man, I would never buy a car part without discussing it previously :(
  17. Vortexhunter

FK8 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

The new head unit seems to be US only, and in my opinion it's a bit crap (not the the old one is any good either... I was happy using Android Auto 100% with the steering wheel controls 100% of the time!). No idea why the didn't implement the one seen in the new Accord (search 2018 Honda Accord...
  18. Vortexhunter

Was the front bumper the same as current? Can't see from that angle
  19. Vortexhunter

I imagine that two years in you should be safe from any random defects in the engine. Question: if there is a recall for something engine related could they turn you down because of modifications? I would assume no, since the mod has no relation with the recall Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  20. Vortexhunter

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clutch_delay_valve Car has one, many post in Civicx discuss it, some people have had it removed Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  21. Vortexhunter

I've found my unicorn!

Congrats! Looks beautiful!
  22. Vortexhunter

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

Nein, had some private interest, but one went with another seller that was desperate, one was a time waster, and another was too far away. In the end I got a really good offer from a dealer, so I pocketed some money, just not as much as I thought. Have no regrets though, it was a ton of fun and...
  23. Vortexhunter

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

Said goodbye! FK8 #10432 will now go to another owner. Awesome car, but a bit too wide to be properly enjoyed on UK roads. That and the stupid 20" wheels were my only complaints. My partner wants a 4-door Fiesta ST, so come winter I will have a decent car to drive while the S2000 sleeps. My...
  24. Vortexhunter

I paid for a Honda 12 service, they are supposed to check that everything is in working order (I already knew VTEC was engaging correctly :twisted:, but yeah...). From the video I gathered that he was checking for suspension/steering/engine noises because he had the radio off and was really...
  25. Vortexhunter

I leave my dashcams on and then I can see everything they did. With my S2000 I was disappointed with the test drive since the guy didn't really test VTEC engagement, I would assume they would... For the last service on the FK8 they didn't drive it outside the dealer though...
  26. Vortexhunter

They need to get that video view/click count from somewhere!
  27. Vortexhunter

A smaller spoiler would block mirror visibility, current one is perfect! :p
  28. Vortexhunter

Horrible IMO, and screen seems smaller now
  29. Vortexhunter

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/fk2-vs-fk8-honda-civic-type-r-how-much-has-the-game-moved-on/ Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  30. Vortexhunter

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3TyFB7F9U
  31. Vortexhunter

FK8 Anyone getting weird results with their mileage?

I've only had more than 27 MPG doing road trips, otherwise I get 24-27... Poor cars, being treated like a Toyota Prius!!!
  32. Vortexhunter

FK8 Honda closing Swindon plant

Link please
  33. Vortexhunter

Some were, but the minority (maybe 10% of what I saw) the saloon is not that different though Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  34. Vortexhunter

This is UK-centric (maybe Europe-centric) Civics and Accords are selling like hot potatoes in the US: https://www.businessinsider.com/best-selling-sedans-in-america-in-2018-2018-8?r=US&IR=T#2-honda-civic-176242-03-19 I was in Miami in Nov 2018 for a week and I was amazed at the amount of new...
  35. Vortexhunter

I think all 17 plates are EX-demo though
  36. Vortexhunter

FK8 Had FK8 just over 6 months, a few little niggles .....

Had my car since Dec 2017 and it's my only car (14k miles now). I agree with points 5 and 6.Maybe a little bit of 4. What colour is yours? I don't understand the problem with the handles, but I do park the car in the shade at work and in my garage at home, so my paint receives less sun than...
  37. Vortexhunter

I imagine there will be overlap, also lots (if not most) of parts are not made in Swindon. Does this mean new Type R for 2022?
  38. Vortexhunter

No, only rear. L2garage! zero frost since I got the car in 2017 ;)
  39. Vortexhunter

FK8 Mud flaps?

I posted a pic of the car on the Civicx forums and you can see how they look from the front side with a clean car: https://www.civicx.com/threads/official-polished-metal-metallic-type-r-picture-thread.12974/page-27#post-533267
  40. Vortexhunter

FK8 Mud flaps?

I took too long to rotate my tyres and the rears were practically new and fronts were bust. My idea to save £££ is to wear them like that and replace both once either go close to legal limit. Then I will rotate every 4-5k miles to get even wear on the new set, which will be PS4s, cuz after 4000...
  41. Vortexhunter

FK8 Mud flaps?

Sorry about quality, but weather was dreadful this morning. This was when I got to work after driving in the rain and small back roads.. Rear: Front:
  42. Vortexhunter

FK8 Mud flaps?

I'll take some tomorrow, but the car is fiiiiiilthy! Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  43. Vortexhunter

FK8 Mud flaps?

I have Rally Armor too! Black with grey letters
  44. Vortexhunter

FK2 Need a bit of advice on what to do at the end of my PCP

Zero deposit? :confused:
  45. Vortexhunter

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Check the video posted above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMv64liOqIE
  46. Vortexhunter

New tyres

Why?
  47. Vortexhunter

I use it as pre-wash to get rid of all the dirt and car is almost clean after using it. After that I use Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax and a pair of sponges (one for upper 3/4 and another for the lower 1/4 and skirts) Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  48. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

Light [emoji14] Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  49. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

Got some today after wash, but weather was dismal so lighting is not perfect. Colour is the same, but looks different in both pics (light?) Before: After:
  50. Vortexhunter

FK8 DAB Question

It works now, but it's not what I want. I've been checking and Honda decided not to go with the normal scrolling text on the main screen for safety or something like that. I don't see how having to press buttons is safer though...
  51. Vortexhunter

FK8 DAB Question

Most of the time I use Android Auto, but in the mornings I hear the breakfast show and I just find it annoying when things are not as they should be Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  52. Vortexhunter

FK8 DAB Question

/Cry Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  53. Vortexhunter

FK8 DAB Question

Any of you other owners know how to get the system to show the Artist - Song that is playing on DAB? I know that Absolute Radio streams the data because I've seen it in other cars, but on the FK8 I get no information of the current programme, song, etc. I've read the manual and I can't find...
  54. Vortexhunter

I didn't understand that post because mine gives a warning at temps below or equal to 3, it's what I said on my previous post [emoji14] Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  55. Vortexhunter

What? FK8 has an external temp thermometer, just on the dash :confused:
  56. Vortexhunter

The parking sensors and the collision detection/ACC don't use the same transducers. The parking sensors are the 4 round ones on the bumper. The ACC/Collision detection is 1) the camera near the rearview mirror, and the millimetre wave radar that is on the bottom right of the bumper (huge plastic...
  57. Vortexhunter

FK2 Need a bit of advice on what to do at the end of my PCP

You can sleep in your car, but you cannot drive a house! (I tell my wife this a lot!)
  58. Vortexhunter

FK2 Brilliant Article All About The fk2

https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/55296/2015-honda-civic-type-r You can post a link to the site without worrying about anything
  59. Vortexhunter

New tyres

No, it says don't use below -20
  60. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

I will try to take some tomorrow if I'm feeling better, got a terrible cold!!!
  61. Vortexhunter

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

I know, wasn't joking. It's what I said I loved on the FK8 compared to every other car I've had, you can easily do things because of the button/ridge feedback, no need to look down, it's all muscle memory and feel!
  62. Vortexhunter

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

63. Vortexhunter

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

I've said this in the american forums, my last three cars (starting with my 2006 Fiat Palio 1.8 ) haven't had a volume knob, but the up/down switches, so I don't understand what the fuss is all about. The wheel buttons in the FK8 are magical, they have these raised edges that let you know what...
  64. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

Just got the car back, wheels look beautiful! If you are in East Herts or nearby this place is called Auto-wiz: http://www.autowiz.co.uk/alloy-wheel-repair-welwyn/ Remember, if you are going to travel far to get your wheels refurbed that you need to take into account the petrol ;)
  65. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

How much extra for the pinstripe? That is what got mine up to £80 p/wheel (also, I left the car there)
  66. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

I did it with http://gapinsurance.co.uk/ but the claims go through www.mbginsurance.co.uk At first they tried with their own SMART mobile repair service, but when they saw the red pinstripe they said they couldn't do it and the agent told me if I want I could look for a local one. I checked and...
  67. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

There are plenty of 18" wheels that fit with offset ranges from ET45 to ET53 (most are ET45). Oponeo and performancealloys have plenty, which I think all come form TUV certificates issued in Germany/Austria for the FK2 or FK8
  68. Vortexhunter

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

My car is in today to do the passenger side wheels, got kerb rash on both, £80 per wheel. I got alloy insurance when I got the car, very happy I did... The garage is keeping the car for more than a day, since they first need to repair and paint the whole wheel and then do the red stripe, so...
  69. Vortexhunter

New tyres

Make sure to remember to rotate them (front to back) after 5000 miles-ish (or well, if you don't rotate them you will just be replacing fronts a lot, but not a huge issue). I had my fronts replaced with PS4s at around 8500 miles (I waited too long to rotate...) rear Contis still look decent
  70. Vortexhunter

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

I think they are required by EU law (and I think only EU models have them, I am certain about US and CAN models not having them, not sure AU)
  71. Vortexhunter

FK8 Will it fit in the garage?

I was J/K, but seriously, as emission standards get more and more restrictive less cars will come with awesome sounding engines, and NOTHING will sound like the LFA!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6D7S2rcyIQ
  72. Vortexhunter

FK8 Will it fit in the garage?

You sound 'murican "There's no replacement for displacement!" :lol:
  73. Vortexhunter

FK8 Front badge removal

Have fun: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer
  74. Vortexhunter

New tyres

It sounds like you like your B - unnamed roads the same as I do, so you're saying that the extra torque steer is not noticeable? I get some on shitty roads and overtaking on B-roads, so I know that car is only zero torque steer on perfect motorway tarmac, but in real world situations you do have...
  75. Vortexhunter

FK8 FK8 values

And if you are bored: https://www.civicx.com/threads/honda-civic-type-r-over-sticker-dealer-naughty-list.9419/
  76. Vortexhunter

FK8 FK8 values

5k? That was a bargain and the beginning! Check this document they have: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bB5IIWdqYHwXejxKvm-gqh8mgZ4sMDnwUwz9whUmzQI/edit#gid=0 Lots of people in the US thought the car was a very limited production thing and got themselves into a huge mess I got free 5...
  77. Vortexhunter

New tyres

When I asked for quotations early this year I got between £140-200 per track day, then you have to add the track day (£90-180 depending on track/day) + tyres + petrol... And I know that the first time I take the FK8 to the track I'm going to want to do it every week :S
  78. Vortexhunter

New tyres

What offset did you get? I had a chat with them and you can fit the Pro-Race 1.3's with 55 offset (18x8.5 ET55), but they need to make them (takes a few weeks). I think I will get them next year for track duty (cheaper tyres), but we will see... I am still in shock on how expensive it is to...
  79. Vortexhunter

I recently replaced with PS4S (around 2000 miles, since I just did a 980 mile trip to Scotland) and I feel them a bit better in the wet that then Contis, but that could be because my Contis were almost bald. haven't had a chance to use them in the dry, because... UK weather... So I'll test dry...
  80. Vortexhunter

New tyres

So it improved a lot xD
  81. Vortexhunter

New tyres

My FK8 was never accurate, and most cars aren't if you check against GPS (I still have to drive a car that is even close to GPS speed, which, in a straight line, is real speed). Real 70 MPH is around 76-77 on my FK8, similar value with my old car...
  82. Vortexhunter

"That smaller rear wing across the back window?" they are speaking about the gen X little wing that we get, not the big Type-R only one. I hate that wing, makes the car a PITA to clean
  83. Vortexhunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7CRBaZHGd8
  84. Vortexhunter

I will buy them once I get my paycheck this month ;)
  85. Vortexhunter

FK8 Engine VTEC explanation! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSCuRXnfLuI
  86. Vortexhunter

Saw a black FK8 today on my commute, that makes 3 in the wild! (not counting car shows OFC)
  87. Vortexhunter

No need for jack if there is no spare, you just get a pump and tyre sealant. You can buy a spare tyre kit and that comes with the jack and all of that, but no one has confirmed if the spare clears the Brembos
  88. Vortexhunter

Worst part is that the holes in front look **** anyway...
  89. Vortexhunter

FK8 Check your tyres properly on full lock

Camber in front and back is a little higher than spec, but IIRC you can't do anything about that on the FK8... /stancelife?
  90. Vortexhunter

What are those wheels/tyres? (diameter, width, offset, section, marital status, etc.)
  91. Vortexhunter

I just wanna know why they added the space for the diff!!! (Go to 7min 10s) https://youtu.be/E8YiRDodASE?t=7m10s Even if it's not going to be on this generation, it means that they are either testing an AWD Civic (not necessarily a Type R), or they want to...
  92. Vortexhunter

Good catch!
  93. Vortexhunter

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/honda-civic-type-r-facelift-spied-new-bumpers-smaller-rear-wing/ Both cars here... Could be what the 'muricans where saying about getting a cheaper model and, the other one, just change in vents? Are they testing the "secret" AWD system? (not sure if you've...
  94. Vortexhunter

I found this a few months ago: http://blog.jepistons.com/comparing-hondas-new-k20c-head-to-the-last-ten-k20a-series- Didn't help that much, since I still don't understand how "VTEC only on the exhaust side" works or when does it engage
  95. Vortexhunter

FK8 Shell V-Power

Oi, I still go to the supermarket to get cracklings and steak!
  96. Vortexhunter

FK2 FK2 general discussion

100% this
  97. Vortexhunter

Vortex's 2017 PMM FK8 Type R #10432

Most of the pics were taken during the winter, car would stay clean for one or two days tops. Now that I've had the car long enough I don't take lots of pics :lol: In the pic from Japfest with the FK2 it is clean ;)
Back