• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Ooo, that's funky.

Re: 4wd, this picture shows the rear wheel on profile. There's no centre cap on the hub on the rear unlike the front, so highly unlikely that there is a driveshaft hiding away back there.

f809bd19-honda-civic-type-r-facelift-10.jpg

4wd will not happen on this generation of CTR, it will add a lot of weight and cost, currently best in class so why bother, I think some sort of hybrid is more likely and almost certainly for the next generation.

Its probably me, but those front rotors look like they are on a 'floating hub' like the Audi RS, Porshe (and er...VXR Asra) etc as with little screws holding them to help with heat dissipation etc which could indicate beefier brakes for beefier performance? Might have dropped the drilled due to complaints of cracking etc...

Or big girls complaining about "noise"...

the top gear long termer has the squeal - Honda said it was the pad compound, end of. Speaking of Top Gear, this month is a shoot out between the Fk8, the Megane, Hyundai and Cupra R - anyone got it and tell us the result?

4wd will not happen on this generation of CTR, it will add a lot of weight and cost, currently best in class so why bother, I think some sort of hybrid is more likely and almost certainly for the next generation.

I just wanna know why they added the space for the diff!!! (Go to 7min 10s)

[video=youtube_share;E8YiRDodASE]https://youtu.be/E8YiRDodASE?t=7m10s[/video]

Even if it's not going to be on this generation, it means that they are either testing an AWD Civic (not necessarily a Type R), or they want to...

I am a bit feckin vexed with this face lift lark, I've not even had the car a feckin year yet and I know a 'new' one is coming. Yeah yeah I know it's all inevitable etc but Jesus give me a year Honda ya bast@ds :mad:

As Dweezle said..
But i Expect prices of the old FK8 to nose dive considerably now!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Its probably me, but those front rotors look like they are on a 'floating hub' like the Audi RS, Porshe (and er...VXR Asra) etc as with little screws holding them to help with heat dissipation etc which could indicate beefier brakes for beefier performance? Might have dropped the drilled due to complaints of cracking etc...

Looks like it to me.

If they are/do address the disc cracking issue, that means Honda are listening, which should hopefully mean the gearbox and maybe seat bolster wear will be addressed.

Can you imagine Honda fixing the disc issue but not the no.1 fault, the gearbox. I'd hope not.

If they categorically sort the gearbox i'll be down to Honda talking numbers asap.

Back