• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Gazzaaitken

What did you do to your Type R today?

Opened the garage door, plugged a USB in and updated the sat-nav. Closed the garage door.
  2. Gazzaaitken

FK8 Service Intervals FK8 (Revised)

I have been told by my dealer that ALL services are covered in the 5 year period. I was told this on Fri when I picked my R up. Glad that I had taken the 5 year service plan out as well
  3. Gazzaaitken

FK8 Quality issues

All dealers/ manufacturers have issues, I've always had Japanese cars for the last 20 odd years. I have never had any issues with warranty with Honda or Toyota.I'm coming back to Honda after my last 2 years with audi never again will I buy one. Customer service is truly appalling I've been lied...
  4. Gazzaaitken

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Good timing that video, as mines getting built today (Fri) hopefully it will be at the dealers next week then
  5. Gazzaaitken

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

Same for me, I mtb as well and I'm at glentress lots of times. If you ever see a pmm in the car park it will probably be me
  6. Gazzaaitken

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

I would buy gt spec, looking at your post about free stuff, I managed to get the full lighting pack for free including mats and bootliner, full tank of gas and private plates made up as well, once I take the 18 plate off. Brown brothers peebles was the dealer that I ordered from, really easy to...
  7. Gazzaaitken

FK8 Quality issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNHb9O52WQ&feature=youtu.be Porsche have made a video about it, I take it that they do it too
  8. Gazzaaitken

Seems to be all over the place with delivery dates, but as I said in my post earlier the dealership have been bag on with me from day one, Feb they told me and Feb it is, I was also told by another dealer that it would be Feb as well, so I think your dealership may have been wrong on that one...
  9. Gazzaaitken

Not trading in selling the old car private, I was lucky to get made redundant last year and got a nice lump sum, then walked into a new job with the same pay. So paid cash for mine and still have cash spare, although the wife wanted an extension on the house, so she wasn't very happy lol. Not...
  10. Gazzaaitken

No the dealership have been spot on about build time etc, I ordered at the beginning Oct, and they always said that it would be Feb from day one, they did say beginning or mid Feb, and I told them leave it till 1st march. They had said that if it came in early they would leave it at their...
  11. Gazzaaitken

Hi guys, Garage phoned today to update me on the expected delivery date into the dealership, so I'm looking at 25th may + or- 2 days. Main reason was also to say that there is a new software update for the car and they had asked for the car to be built with the new update included. the...
  12. Gazzaaitken

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Wiper question When you use the screen wash do the wipers wipe automatically and how many times? Just thinking due to the cold weather just now and I don't get mine till march, it's always a gamble when the screens dirty will they squire or not!!!!
  13. Gazzaaitken

FK8 Who is getting a ceramic coating done and what have you paid?

Shocking behaviour, go stand in the corner and repeat I must not use a local car wash!!! :p
  14. Gazzaaitken

Went for pmm, I was also thinking red or blue, but once I seen pmm in the flesh that was it.
  15. Gazzaaitken

Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light overcoated with EXO, yip new car
  16. Gazzaaitken

Well I have mine due on the 1st of march, just off the phone to the garage today. And that's it all organised to be ceramic coated before delivery day, cars due early/mid Feb into the dealers. And will be done in there holding warehouse prior to delivery, and I have asked for it not to be...
  17. Gazzaaitken

Received a call on my messages from a dealer at 9.00 this morning, Honda have released 18 pmm this morning for Jan delivery, didnt have the heart to call back and tell him I have already order one for March delivery!!! Think I will wait till the worst of the bad weather is past, could be a...
  18. Gazzaaitken

FK8 Quality issues

My fn2 was the same, but it was never an issue
  19. Gazzaaitken

Had a look on their web site, looks like it's sold but mileage was 2750 or something like that, they had others but not at £30000, think the cheapest was 31500 blue with mileage on it. Are the 17 plate cars not all demos?
  20. Gazzaaitken

From the Brembo Web site, BEDDING IN Upon replacement, the pads and discs, must be road tested. Bedding in lasts about 200 km, during which it is essential to check for vibrations and noise from the brakes, both when driving and braking The braking must be effective and brief and gradual brakes...
  21. Gazzaaitken

I know guys are having issues with noisy brakes, on the 2 test drives I have had, in different cars the brakes were fine no noise at all. Is it perhaps the way they are bedded in? Hopefully when I collect mine they will be fine!!
  22. Gazzaaitken

He has ocd, he just doesn't like it, I will tell him you can turn it off in your transit, I'm sure he will be over the moon lol
  23. Gazzaaitken

Anyone know if the front fog lights come on, on one side when you're turning? I think it's a pointless feature and my mate who has a focus rs has that and hates it.
  24. Gazzaaitken

Yip pmm seems to be the most popular, delivery was going to be Feb 18 so just told them to wait for the new 18 plates in march
  25. Gazzaaitken

Ordered my pmm today, illumination pack, service pack with dongle, mats and boot liner, full tank of petrol, due 1/3/18. Let the months roll in!!!!!
  26. Gazzaaitken

If anyone is interested, 44 demo cars for sale on the Honda Web site, apparently you can reserve them now, with a pick up date early Nov, once everyone has demo'd (hammered) them. After the demo I had where the sales rep gave it a kicking from cold I think I will pass and buy new. Also i have...
  27. Gazzaaitken

Hi guys Anyone know of any dealers in central scotland, borders, perthshire with a pmm demo. Phoned round about but most have cw, found 2 with black and one red apart from that I'm struggling!!!! Not really want to spend hours on the phone if someone knows of one thanks in advance
  28. Gazzaaitken

No not ordered one yet, I need to wait about 8 weeks or so before I can hit the button on one, a couple of things going on just now with one being a dispute with Audi. Once that's settled I'm back in a type r, i should never have sold my fn2!!! Hopefully it won't be a 4 month wait on pmm.
  29. Gazzaaitken

I was in getting my test drive yesterday, dealer showed me the build list all colours were available, but pmm was only showing 7 left, he did say it was sitting at 37 earlier in the week. I was surprised at that as I thought that cw would have been more sought after. He did say that once the...
Back