• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Who is getting a ceramic coating done and what have you paid?

Well I have mine due on the 1st of march, just off the phone to the garage today.
And that's it all organised to be ceramic coated before delivery day, cars due early/mid Feb into the dealers. And will be done in there holding warehouse prior to delivery, and I have asked for it not to be washed

I will be using https://www.dominiondetailing.net to do the ceramic coating. I know someone who has had his focus rs done by Robert and it's an awesome job.

I was quoted £400 (will be getting 20% off this price) for a 5 year protection with the interior, wheels glass and calipers getting done as well, Robert currently has a 20% off the price deal just now until the end of Feb, for anyone in central scotland who's thinking about getting it done. Check the web site out

Anyone had it done, any photos?

What coating is that,
I paid 900 odd for a stage one polish and the trio of SiRamik coatings

Edit: just re-read and its a new car protection, sounds about right

I got the life shine but now started to wonder if I can get this higher quality one done on top of it

What colour you got for Gazzak?

I didn't get ceramic in the end, but got a kochchemie new car treatment. Have to say it is awesome - insects brake dust comes off totally with just a snow foam and no sponge. Awesome.

mine is getting some love this weekend

will be having the full new-car prep package and then Kamikaze Collection ENREI COAT and then Protection film to whole of the front (i.e. bumper, bonnet, head/foglights, wing mirrors) as well as custom-section to the rear wheel arches and boot lip to prevent loading scratches when loading those grass cuttings for the tip run.

See link showing the results ENREI COAT where half of the bonnet has been protected with the coating and half has not - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObBCNa43fiY

not cheap, the ENREI COAT alone is over 400 even before you factor in the PPF and New Paint Detailing (snow foam, claybar and wax mop).

Ally C who are you using for this? Someone local?

The film protection particularly interests me as the front piano black trim is going to get a hiding

www.detailyoureyecandy.co.uk in Mildenhall, Suffolk. They come highly recommended and as you'll see in examples of their work gallery - :whistle wit-woo! Holly the Honda will be in good hands. 3-4 days they'll need to have the car #properjob

Holly hey...mines called Roxanne or Roxy as she now answers to. It was after the amount of red inside, which made my missus sing when she first saw it "you aint gotta put on the red light" :p

yeah I have my 8yo daughter to thank, my only requirement (naturally) was the CTR name had to be female. I'm just glad that Hermione wasn't mentioned :)

some pics and videos of mine are up on twitter

https://twitter.com/DetailEyecandy

amazing job. had the platinum Kamikaze ENREI coat applied and XPEL paint protection film to front bumper/bonnet, wing mirrors, headlights, top of rear bumper (to boot area) and custom rear wheel quarter panels as XPEL don't yet have the template ready for the CTR FK8.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is awesome it really is....

Do you mind saying how much the front end PPF was? I really need this done, few chips already...

just PM'd you. only thing I'd say (obviously) is that you'll need to touch up the paintwork / stone chips before applying the film - no point protecting the existing stone chips :lol:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Ha, yeah I will be having the Smart guys out again soon no doubt to correct a few chips. I have already claimed twice on the insurance since September so it will have paid for itself soon. I have a max of £3,500 over the 3 years so why not use them! No quibbles and as new results, really good service.

Only thing they cant touch is the piano black trim as they have no paint code to match it against. Hence the question on PM....

Only thing they cant touch is the piano black trim as they have no paint code to match it against. Hence the question on PM....

yeah the XPEL protection film started lifting off of the piano black part of the front bumper within a day, they spoke XPEL who said TADTS and see it on other cars with similar shiny / radar sensors gubbings incorporated into the front bumper.

lets hope the trim piece isn't white under the piano black paint so it doesn't show too bad if/when a stone chip occurs.

Back