• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. B

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

Excellent build! Loving the roll cage. Have you weighed the car yet? Why the change to DC5 wishbones?
  2. B

EP3 Overheating/Coolant issue

Just to put this to bed, replaced the fan switch, replaced the coolant with Honda coolant and the job is done. Fan now turns on as it should. Read the engine codes and no codes were shown, which is good to know.
  3. B

Doh, what an idiot! I was running it with the front wheels off the ground, hope the EPS light is due to that!?! Anyway, I gave it a good run out today, should definitely be enough to get the fan on even in these colder temps as after the run I left it sat there with an increased idle of 4k for...
  4. B

No, temp on the dash seems bang on, once up to temperature the needle hasn’t moved. Eps light does come on when sat stationary for a while. Don’t have my code reader to hand but I’m hoping it’s logging a code for the high temps due to the fan not coming on.
  5. B

Everything now gets up to temperature nicely following the thermostat change, but the fan doesn't kick in at all. It isn't seized so looks like it's the fan switch at fault? Im loathed to pay £88 for a fan switch from Honda, ordered this one instead -...
  6. B

Cheers guys. Checked the waterpump area and that's bone dry. Collecting a thermostat with new bolts tomorrow and got a selection of orings from halfrauds. Out of interest, does the EP3 have a fanswitch in the rad and a temp sensor in the side of the head? The guy in the parts department quoted...
  7. B

Answering my own questions, the o-ring was knackered on the drain plug, will have to get a new one from somewhere? Removed the thermostat, tested it in a bowl of 100deg water and absolutely no movement whatsoever so will need to replace that. I might as well replace the temp sensor on the rad at...
  8. B

Hi, just bought myself an EP3 facelift, on the test drive and the long drive home there were no issues, the following morning managed to get 2 miles before the temp gauge shot up. Turned the heaters on full blast and nothing but cold air came out, turned the engine off as soon as I could and...
Back