• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

tdi north my fn2

Yeah but :lol: What I am aware of is that both my car and Dreams have both got a lot more miles on so maybe that could be something to do with it but yeah I agree. Too much emphasis is put on dyno results by people that don't understand that they are actually just a tool to enable the operator...
  2. T

tdi north my fn2

Probably about right that. Worth mentioning that Dream's FK2 made 305 on the Dyno Dynamics at Surrey RR IIRC. Point is don't just look at results and try and compare them and make sense of it. Different dynos car read differently. Also same cars with same mods can also read very differently ;)
  3. T

tdi north my fn2

Sorry you feel this way and I hope I managed to explain what we was doing on the phone earlier but for yourself and now the internet audience we have I will clarify a few points. 1. When I remap a car it takes as long as it takes. I did a full tune both low cam and high cam and the optimum...
  4. T

low rev missfire mystery, help please

Can be an electrical issue with plugs, earths etc but all cars do it with a stock ecu. Some its more pronounced than others especially if modified and is accentuates the feeling. I can get round it with a remap though if it really bothers you. Its something called "throttle tip in" to make the...
  5. T

Neptune ecu for dc5??

Ask the tuners over there and see. Doubt it. Hondata K100/Kpro and AEM EMS are the norm
  6. T

Avid engine mounts

They are for race cars. Really harsh and that's quite normal.
  7. T

jdm kpro from an ep3

I'm pretty sure it does. certainly works the other way around ;)
  8. T

k20 swap

Both K100 and Kpro are "Mappable" by any Hondata tuner. Unless you are a "serious" racer with big spec boosted car and racing so you need to adjust boost and traction control to set for track conditions a K100 will do just fine and is about £250 cheaper than a Kpro.
  9. T

Info on cams for EP3

Good to see you Iain. Was a bit of a mad day!
  10. T

Will a FN2 Rotrex Kit fit on a FD2???

No. You have a power steering pump where the charger normally sits. You could do a lower mount kit though
  11. T

How can you tell if you have the stock ECU?

There are some remapped "stock" ECU's floating about but they are pretty rare.
  12. T

Jdm ecu fit ukdm ep3

In answer to your question, yes it will work BUT only if you have it remapped to suit so for what you are thinking don't bother just save up and get yours remapped. ;)
  13. T

ecu learning after engine swap

Doubt its idle control to be fair as it doesn't make that much difference. Look at the motor. Its normally a vacuum leak between throttle body, intake manifold and head. Just check all the bolts are tight. Other thing is stuck ICV if its off the old motor that's been standing. They gum up and...
  14. T

Reset ecu after valve adjustment?

No you don't need to
  15. T

Bet your Hondata doesn't do this!

Yes. These are being used but it wouldn't be on the sort of car you would see on these forums. High end race car builds running K20's such as a couple of boosted race Exiges. Very capable ECU's, plug and play now for the K20 loom but way out of the price range of regular Honda owners who moan...
  16. T

engine issue - any advice/experiences

Sounds like it is the idle control valve. You won't need any parts just tools to get it off, stripped down and cleaned. If your worried and can't do it pop in and we can sort it. Normally doesn't take any more than an hour.
  17. T

Where to K100 remap - Any difference?

If your close to Romain go there. ;)
  18. T

Bet your Hondata doesn't do this!

Moving up a league this year with this little car. :twisted: It's a fresh Cosworth 2.1 build we have done and good for 1000bhp..... and will be using all that in a few months time when the new turbo goes on but until then its running a GT35 ball bearing turbo setup. We hit 650bhp with this on...
  19. T

Running rich or lean

They are fine. Its more than likely your intake that is causing it. It will be running ok fuelling wise but you will just have to put up with it until its mapped correctly to the mods. The "Reflash" is the generic Hondata "Tuned" map and designed to just get you started so you can get the car...
  20. T

What power would I run?????

Yeah they are good and great value for money. We do them for £354 supplied, fitted with ES inserts ;)
  21. T

What power does k20 take before forged???

I wouldn't be skimping on a supercharger kit. If its cheap it will be cheap for a reason. Had several people in over the last year paid £1500 for 2nd hand kits that on inspection went straight in the bin. If you want to do it cheap keep an eye out on the forums and buy one from a known person...
  22. T

Depends on condition of motor, intake temperatures, how you drive and fuel used but yes it should.
  23. T

What power would I run?????

If its the 4-1 manifold with the decat section you will be lucky to see 220. Keep stock manifold and just fit the decat pipe if thats the route your going down
  24. T

Depends what you want to do with it. It's not power dependant. We have stock K20 motors running 500bhp on regular pump fuel and F20 motors 600bhp on pump fuel. Not ideal and will be strengthening them but doing it to try and find the reliable limits.
  25. T

74mm tb on Jrsc? Does it need ported

Just heard about this and glad your OK. Life is short and your health and that of your loved ones is the most important thing. Chin up and look to the future. You thought about a Kswap? Your attention to detail you could do something very special and you already have the majority of the parts...
  26. T

K100 vs CPL Reflash

If you're in West London give Romain a call. ;)
  27. T

K100 vs CPL Reflash

The stock ECU has no "self learn" Think about it. The car has to leave the factory to: A - Be safe and B- Operate in all areas it is sold in. This means the car has to run everything from below sea level to 4000M, 90-100octain fuels and temperatures from -40 to 40+'C. It really is a...
  28. T

K100 vs CPL Reflash

:lol: Doesn't bother me 1 little bit. Free advice. Take it or leave it, ....... but the car thats just gone past you with the same mods was properly dyno tuned and won't need to fill up as often. ;) Seriously though there are a lot of "reflashed" ECU's about without the K100 boards. Its easy...
  29. T

K100 vs CPL Reflash

The "Reflash" is just a K100 with a stock Hondata .... pretty poor base map loaded. No time or effort goes into it its just a base map. It's the same as the old generic #4 reflash's that were knocking about 10 years ago before Kpro's became available. Honestly if you think thats good a proper...
  30. T

TDi north backbox? Or help identify?

Does it matter? There are hundreds of different variations we see coming in where people have fitted a backbox of choice to a bit of pipe. Even seen motorbike carbon silencers on a couple of cars. :lol:
  31. T

TDi north backbox? Or help identify?

Doubtfull. We only ever done a couple of our own systems and they are full stainless TIG welded. Do get people coming in with odd bits they pick up that we just stick together. PM me the name of the previous owner and can check on the job cards. ;)
  32. T

Mass Error codes says the K-pro!

Honda for the part just give them the number. Seriously though get the battery load tested first. It's more likely to be that with the other code coming up and thats a simple test ;)
  33. T

Kpro Idle

You need to re-calibrate the TPS sensor. it should read "0%" at closed throttle and "100%" fully depressed. It has no idle control so no point moving the slider. With that setup you adjust idle on the stop screw on the throttle body and if hunting you can get it to stabilise by holding it with...
  34. T

Mass Error codes says the K-pro!

Its not going to be the map so don't just delete it unless you have a copy. It is possible the ELD sensor is screwing things up. The latest version on Kmanager actually allows the sensor to be ignored which may help but the other errors are pretty typical of a battery on its last legs. ;)
  35. T

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Really pleased to hear this Loxy. Them springs still look like they were all labelled and boxed correctly as 15's which we supplied but possibly got mixed at manufacture with some 30's which will explain it. We are sending them back...or at least photo's to Eibach to investigate further. Was...
  36. T

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

We won't be running standard compression. I have limited it to 300ftlb at the moment on the stock motor as I don't want to damage the motor before we rebuild it. Its not being wound up until the forged LC motor is installed. ;)
  37. T

Probably not. We don't run race fuel on any of our drag cars. ;)
  38. T

Awesome time Tom. Possibly the fastest EP3 on road tires now. :D Pero - Compression won't make much difference to be honest as we can add in more ignition, plus its going to have some better cams installed so that will help as well. Efficiency curve of the turbo doesn't change anyway plus we...
  39. T

Have a word with Adam or possibly Seano. I recon the buddyclub bumper would go on pretty well and you can mesh all the front. I think Adam either has one spare or has the moulds....... or maybe I just dreamt it.:confused::lol:
  40. T

Sometimes when a customer says..."I want" you have to say "Are you sure? Are you really sure" From my perspective it's always easier not to mention cheaper to rebuild a motor that's got all its "inny" bits still inside :lol:
  41. T

Nitrous kit for FN2

50 shot is probably as much as it can take without needing a progressive controller. 75-100 i'd say as a max with 100% stock car. Just get a wet kit as you jet it for fuel as well as nitrous so you dont need to map around it. Wizzards are a good bunch to talk to. ;)
  42. T

K PRO how good is it?

Avoid this. The full 4-2-1 that they do isn't too bad but this shorty with cat is actually worse than stock. Got several customers that have come in with them and removed them straight away.
  43. T

Lambda, ecu, stalling !!

Good stuff You only need the pirmary one in which is the one closest to the engine. secondary one just monitors thecat condition and is dissabled in the software. In reality once I have tuned it you don't need any as I will sort out all the idle and part throttle anyway as that is all the O2...
  44. T

Lambda, ecu, stalling !!

No it just means its working. With Kmanager on-line...not datalogging and engine not running, take foot off accelerator and press the low set button. Now deperess accelerator to max and press the max set button. Save the calibration then upload that to the ECU. ;)
  45. T

FN2 Engine noise

The auto tensioner can make a bit of noise and also the clutch release bearing when on idle. If you have the Toda or FD2 oil pump they do run bit more lumpy. OEM oil pump has balancer shafts which tend to smooth the engine out a bit
  46. T

Lambda, ecu, stalling !!

On start it doesnt use the O2 sensors anyway. Make sure you have calibrated the tps sensor and check that the MAP sensor selected is the correct one ;)
  47. T

How's the Go-Pro vids coming along then? ;) :lol:
  48. T

Annoying misfire, same cylinder, still after basic checks

The ECU on these cars doesn't adjust/adampt/change anything other than idle control which it does in minutes after a reset. We actually found a poor connection in the clip that plugs into the top of the injector. It could be clearances too tight on one though so you are loosing compression just...
  49. T

Slight ticking from engine when idle

Id say injectors. They do get noisy. Other thing is the LMA's but thats nothing to really worry about and similar to tappet noise
  50. T

ENGINE KNOCK WHEN STARTED FROM COLD???

The rattle at start is pretty common but make sure the oil is fresh and correct level. No idea on smell but cars do get hot if ragged
  51. T

Annoying misfire, same cylinder, still after basic checks

Check injector plugs. I saw a car a few months back that did exactly this. We did a supercharger conversion on the car having it in for a couple of days and changed the injectors using conversion plugs etc so retained OEM connectors. Owner when he came in mentioned a missfire he had always had...
  52. T

I fitted them in my car and made similar power but I can't really push something we develop in-house on our own cars as people will say the cards were stacked. :lol: Also my car has had extensive head work done plus running FD2 pistons and HC head gasket so not a great example really. Whats...
  53. T

It's actually a Porsche backbox with a custom 3" exhaust. Bumpers on and looking pretty good. Took it out today and need to finish the map off but did manage to scare the crap out of me! :lol:
  54. T

Good seeing you again today John. This is now 2 FN2s with slightly different mods that have made over 250. :) Loxy was right about exhaust cam timing. ;)
  55. T

Its 800bhp capable with the forged motor. Realistically we could fit the springs and wind the boost up with the stock motor but thats not the limiting factor now. The fact we have hit 300ftlb at only 12PSI means we are stressing the engine more than increasing the boost which requires...
  56. T

Flashpro FN2...Anyone know of one for sale?

I have got a 2nd hand Silenced Milltek here. It was removed from a car that had no more than 3000 genuine miles on it and Loxy will vouch for that. (Was Daz's who has stripped it to sell) Standard exhaust is very poor. Looks like a truck has driven over it....in several places! :lol: Drop me an...
  57. T

Its all gone pretty well. Its a very efficient setup and intake temp was only 1'C above ambient so intecooler is really working well. The wastegate is causing a few issues due to the huge size but we do want accurate control for what we have planned. I set fuel pressure to 50PSI to give a bit...
  58. T

The whole idea is to be able to use the full power capable in the setup so no point fitting a 400bhp core when you just need to change it in a few months for one to handle the power. This is a proper Garrett 800bhp rated core so it's not something we should ever need to look at again.
  59. T

:lol: It's just a collection of off-cuts in a box that will be duck-taped together. ;)
  60. T

EP3 or FN2

Yeah. FN2 got slated as not as good as the EP3 and when the EP3 came out that got slated as not as good as the EK9! Can't win sometimes. :lol:
  61. T

few faults cropping up after buying my ctr..

Knackered shock. Seen that one before but need to check it out to be sure. With the brake light double check the fluid level.
  62. T

EP3 or FN2

If you jumped in an EK9 after driving an EP3 or I would say a lightly modded FN2 you would be dissapointed. They have to be totally stripped to feel quick and lack so much midrange even compared to the newer cars. Love the way they look though and drop a K20 into one and its a whole different...
  63. T

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

If Rom said it was running lean when loaded full throttle that would be down to AFR tuning as full throttle it runs off the map. Part throttle and idle is normally closed loop so using the O2 sensor. The fault would have flashed up only when closed loop so the ECU is using the sensor and for...
  64. T

Ony when gone faulty as it will be banging loads more fuel in thinking its lean which it isnt. As soon as its faulted out it would go open loop and run of the map rather than in auto so to speak and will be back to normal....ish or however good the part throttle tune is.
  65. T

Problem won't be the map. Seen this fault before, more so on the newer FN2's but once on an EP3. The O2 sensor has a min and max trim that it is allowed to work within when in closed loop. If it goes out of that tollerance it can throw up the fault code or another that says basically too rich...
  66. T

Bolt in sports cat options @ TDI-North

It failed but only by a whisker so we know its going to need the bigger cats. I'm still looking at about £350+vat supplied fitted and exhaust and removed box/pipe modified so can go back in.
  67. T

Bolt in sports cat options @ TDI-North

Had a good day today with our friends from Tegiwa, they kindly provided a few parts and we came up with an idea that might well be of interest to many owners who want to run a performance manifold but still retain a catalytic converter. We started off with a new "B" pipe section which connects...
  68. T

Kpro3??

Sort of. The original Kpro didn't have onboard datalogging. The next version did and now this. Realistically it's got some awesome features we can use on the race cars with extra inputs and outputs but your regular everyday owners not going to need any of that. Prices gone up as well. I...
  69. T

Lost Motion Assemblies

I will have to check/update the prices but HOT members get 10% off actual tuning and servicing though. ;) (Doesn't include actual parts/Kpro etc)
  70. T

Lost Motion Assemblies

PM sent ;)
  71. T

Lost Motion Assemblies

Well. Its quite a big job to do unless really needed as they start to wear even with very few miles. They don't cause any problem just make the car sound rattley. Depending on the mileage of your car and what you are thinking of doing, while the cams are actually out its a good time to think...
  72. T

Lost Motion Assemblies

Cams out, drop in. ;)
  73. T

Thinking of a turbo kit for your K20?

The "Race" kit drive in drive out price is from £5500 incl VAT. The "Street" kit depends on what you are after but your realistically looking at £4500-£5000 drive in drive out All you need extra is a Hondata ECU and an exhaust system.
  74. T

Not a problem. Infact easier on an elise. ;) We do all the fabrication in-house so a custom build is no biggie plus once one is done we will know exactly whats needed for the next one. Actually got a fella lined up to stick one in his Atom! :twisted:
  75. T

TDi-North car goes 9.7 on a RWYB track!!!

Benny - works out about 2 seconds it hooks up so quickly. More impressive is when you look at things like 0-150 being under 10 seconds! this sort of puts it into perspective just how quick these cars are. :) Ali - Throws a quicktime error up on my PC but works fine on my laptop. Must be drivers...
  76. T

Video of Adams 9.7 against a nippy little Tigra :twisted: http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-ash4/3 ... 949b3f61da
  77. T

FN2 Type-R Turbo kit development

Coming soon....probably to a crazy Manc ;) :lol: a couple sneak pics of the FN2 turbo kit we are developing. We have managed to make our own sidewinder manifold fit exactly where we want it to retain all normal mod cons like....heaters, aircon etc etc...which is nice and not often to be able...
  78. T

TDi North "Race" turbo kit promo video. Massive thanks to Dave @ Reelmotion for THIS: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SLaJIIpxxk&feature=player_profilepage Give us a call if you fancy one of these in your life. :wink: PS - This is low boost...
  79. T

Adams just gone 9.7 on a non prepped RWYB track with a 1.5 60foot! We were running at Flame and Thunder yesterday but only got 3 runs in and it was into a very strong headwind on cold track and still managed 3x 10.0s and 151 terminal trapping 120mph at the 8th! I spent a bit of time this...
  80. T

over-priced service?

PM me to let me know the supplier for those prices and they will get 100% of my business! :lol:
  81. T

TDi North “Street” turbo kits for EP3, DC5

TDi North “Street Turbo kits are now available to order. This kit is designed for people that don’t want the full blown race kits but something more conservative for everyday use but can be wound up if you so require. Designed with power output running stock wastegate pressure, when the...
  82. T

TDi North "Race" Turbo kits

TDi North Hi Power custom turbo kits for EP3, DC5 and K-swapped older series cars It’s been a while in coming due to work and race commitments but the Turbo kits are finally ready for commercial release. The kits are made and assembled in-house in our fabrication department and can be made to...
  83. T

Anybody had a stab at sort of flat bottoming an EP3?

This is exactly what you want to get 900+bhp down in a FWD Time Attack car! You really need to be going widetrack and big aero to make real world improvements. Flat bottom and new fuel system for the cost, effort needed and gains you will make just aren't realistically worth it.
  84. T

TDi North Drag cars cleaned up in 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTaNtyVhBY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  85. T

TDi North Drag cars cleaned up in 2011

Another pretty epic weekend at the drag strip for Japshow Finale for the Tdi North backed cars with Adam and Dougie competing in the final round of the Jap Drag Series and many of our customers putting their cars on the strip for some RWYB action. Adam had a really good day where he was...
  86. T

It's all worked out pretty well. :) I was expecting these sort of numbers to be honest. Seano many years ago with a similar kit but with a Spoon mani made 330 so it's about right given it's the slightly bigger charger. I have mapped it with a big safety margin an it's possible to get a fair...
  87. T

Tegiwa kit for EP3 is amazing (Gruppe M is better)

Only advantage I can really see for the GruppeM is it comes in a much bigger box so when the kits fitted you can store more "stuff" in that than the Tegiwa box! Big boxs FTW! :lol:
  88. T

TDi tuned cars dominating at Japshow.

What a really good weekend. After a Saturday with rain, then sun, then more rain and limited runs, everyone had their fingers crossed for the Sunday......And it worked! Our cars ran really well all weekend until Adam suffered a throttle linkage failure when staging for the semi. which was a...
  89. T

FN2 Redline Magazine photos

Couple of pictures here I was sent I thought I would share with you all. :cool:
  90. T

TDi North smash European 1/4 mile record at PTM show.

Dougie Gemmell in his Rotrex powered TDi North built EP3 has smashed the Honda FWD supercharged record to run an 11.2 @ 126mph. It was his first run in the car after 16 months away. Dougie also went on to win backing up his time with another 11.2 in the final. Worth adding that this was...
  91. T

TDi North Breaks into the 9's at Easter Thunderball

Exhaust and one of the 2 screamers comes out the bonnet...... Because we can. Dare to be different. ;) Currently CPL are fastest Civic but only by 0.04s and that's with a much different setup. Fastest FWD is Specky in his Tigra and then only by 0.1s There so much more in Adams setup and...
  92. T

TDi North Breaks into the 9's at Easter Thunderball

TDi North Easter Thunderball Weekend Report Get a beer, settle down and have a read….. The car is owned and driven by Adam Buckley from Northwich in Cheshire. After a last year’s “bump,” which was a result of shearing 1000hp ‘rated’ driveshafts, the car was still in for bodywork and...
  93. T

jdm dc5 cams

Yeah...and so was I! :lol: Funny really as when you look closely the cams actually have a marking on them! Dohhhhhh! Had a big box and been mic-ing them all up for hours only just to notice the marker so we can sort them in seconds now! :lol:
  94. T

jdm dc5 cams

Well. I was wrong. :lol: I always thought the cams were different (FD2/DC5) then was told that they were the same by Mugen .......only to find out today that they are indeed different. :lol: To measure they all look the same but when you mock them up and check with a DTI you will find...
  95. T

piggy back ecu

Stand-alone is the way to ultimately go as long as full dash functions can be retained. Way to think about piggyback is like a puppeteer. It's just pulling the strings to make the OEM work how you want. Some Piggybacks are really good like the HKS with loads of added functions and possibility...
  96. T

Greddy Bolt On Turbo Kit

hahah. Predictive text strikes again! was meant to be Greddy!
  97. T

Greddy Bolt On Turbo Kit

All and I mean ALL Greddy kits I have seen on cars have been the cause of blown engines. Loose the vacuum to the wastegate and it overboosts. Manifold is restrictive and builds up EGTs very quickly. Why not call TDi South. They aren't far from you at Thurrock.
  98. T

jdm dc5 cams

To be honest...... Yes! Hahahahaha We can retro fit the intake setup (TB and manifold) but compromise is always going to be exhaust manifold and exhaust design. Oil pumps being same would have meant minimal difference however there was a decisive mental descision on the Euro cars having a...
  99. T

ep3 turbo manifold from america

Spend the money on the manifold then work the rest of the setup around it if you want to build/spec your own. Best is Full Race. ;)
  100. T

jdm dc5 cams

I thought they were different myself until recently but spoke to Mugen and the said they were the same. Engine is quite different though. They are more like K24s, same as the FN2s but still identify as K20A but still different from the DC5 K20A. They are more like the K24s and differences...
Back