• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DavidMC

EP3 Honda Civic 2017 + Honda 3D Sound Kit

Hi all anyone bought this sound upgrade / DSP? Any good? It says works for RHD with 'Honda Connect' and I don't think I know what Honda Connect is. If I buy this car in March at end PCP I want to improve hifi but keep things as OEM as possible. I took out extended warranty on it is part of...
  2. DavidMC

FK8 Hard Braking : Rear end instability

Coming from E46 M3 I have noticed a few time this FK8 CTR seems very light at the back when hard on the brakes. While the pedal feel is good and cornering on the throttle / handling is probably better, the skittish rear end is less confidence inspiring than that 50/50 weight distributed RWD...
  3. DavidMC

FK8 Electric Hand Brake (power use)

Hi all I sometimes leave the CTR parked up for a couple weeks at a time. I have noticed the auto start / stop being disabled a couple times when I do drive it (I often turn it off anyway) and I think this is due to the battery charge being low. I have always left manual cars in gear with hand...
  4. DavidMC

FK8 Cap-less Fuel System

I am happy generally with the cap-less filler. One quick question: for the first few months I owned the car, inserting the filler nozzle, pushing the flap back resulted in a quite satisfying 'hiss'. Presumably vacuum from the fuel drawn from the tank by the pump. As time went on this effect...
  5. DavidMC

FK8 First Service (A plus Oil and Filter) and a question...

So my car had its first service (I paid for the service pack). It still had 1400 miles to go on the oil count down and the car never 'told' me it needed a service. The dealer emailed inviting me to bring the car in and true enough it was a year since I got it. So far so good although shouldn't...
  6. DavidMC

FK8 TA (Traffic Announcements)

Anyone else had the TA reminder text coming up while playing music. That's no problem but then there was sound/source change (so no useful info) from the TA in-progress - music just kept playing from USB. The only option is to cancel the TA just to get rid of pointless text message on the...
  7. DavidMC

FK8 GT Hifi - poor bass (generally poor sound)

Hi all I really love the super modern feel / engine and exhaust sound / performance (as I run it in anyway) of this CTR. My other car (which I may sell soon) is E46M3 SMG. Had that for 13 years !! I think at the higher revs the M3 still howls like nothing else but ... she's getting on and I...
  8. DavidMC

FK8 LS Differential

Hi all sorry for a repost - but I think my question is better in the FK8 part of the forum: Loving the car but curious if groaning / vibration under certain (typically quicker steering inputs) cornering could be the LSD operating or if there is maybe a fault with the diff or the...
  9. DavidMC

Diff Noise

Hi FK8 GT Relatively new to CTR - got mine in March on 1089 miles now :) Love the car (came from - but still own E46M3). I have a groaning / slight vibration sound that I can provoke now by turning in sharply in either direction. At first it seemed random but I feel its consistent now. Defo...
Back