• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 LS Differential

Hi all

sorry for a repost - but I think my question is better in the FK8 part of the forum:

Loving the car but curious if groaning / vibration under certain (typically quicker steering inputs) cornering could be the LSD operating or if there is maybe a fault with the diff or the adjustable shockers? Can't think of anything else other than brakes but REALLY that seems not to fit to me...

Thanks if anyone can help!!

I commented on this when I bought the car - I've had two FK8's and they were both the same so I would say it is a quirk of the particular diff. My Rs250 Megane was nowhere near as 'noisy' and 'grainy'.

Yeah grainy is a good word - I suppose I hear it more than feel it. Thanks for the confirmation. Interestingly I have never heard the MDiff in my M3 (also mechanical) but it does work as I have felt it on track a couple of times. There is defo some witchcraft at work on the front end of the CTR (a mix of electronic TC and the diff?) really pulls the front in under power sometimes as you roll on at the apex.

I have an m car as well - and the diff like you say isn’t grainy like the type r . You are right about their being some magic going on - I notice if I turn the traction control fully off, which is how I drove other cars, that the front understeers and washes out more so the car is definitely trimming the fronts to reduce understeer

Yeah the diff works with the front brakes to make it such a weapon. Brakes are applied accordingly to tighten the line to make you look like a stig

Back