• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

Knocking on front of EP3

Iv had a knocking on my 2005 ep3 it’s very odd as it changes side sometimes it’s front drives side and other days it passenger side front . I can feel it as it knocks , I’ve been under the car and shook everything and got a pry bar on everything I could think off , track rod ends , ball joints ...
  2. J

DIY wheel alignment?

It's a completely standard facelift, I think its the rear camber coursing the wear. I just want to also check the toe on all 4 wheels just to get the steering wheel nice and straight and for peace of mind.
  3. J

DIY wheel alignment?

Ahh okay, so there is no camber adjustment on a stock ep3? My rear tyres have to much negative camber coursing wear on the inside. Yes string looks really affective if you have a good box setup to allow you to check the toe on both front and rear.
  4. J

DIY wheel alignment?

Has anybody attempted this on an EP3? I’m thinking it’s worth a go on my standard setup EP3 daily , and if it all goes wrong I’ll just end up having a professional alignment anyway. Any advice would be appreciated. I am going to use the string technique to get the toe in spec and a...
  5. J

EP3 Coolant change tips

Does it have to be Honda or just any blue? Thanks
  6. J

EP3 Coolant change tips

I’ll be do this soon , so this is really handy . I normally get all my stuff from Eurocarparts, what colour coolant should EP3s take ?
  7. J

EP3 rust?

Yeah ep3's are getting to that age now I'm considering a full wirebrush and rust prevent underneath my civic, trying to find a ramp I can borrow for half a day to make it easier.
  8. J

High miler care EP3

Yep always use high octane fuel and I’m using Petronas fully synthetic oil and got Honda gearbox oil. I had an aux belt come with the car it does squeak now and then and I actually have a full set of new sliders.
  9. J

High miler care EP3

Do the valve clearances often fall out ? I’ll be looking to diy the valve clearance if they need doing . The vtec comes in just fine at the moment .
  10. J

High miler care EP3

Hi iv just got my first ep3 it’s on a 54 plate and covered 130k (near enuf) Just looking for any advice on keeping it healthy as I’m planing on keeping it until it’s usable life is over. It’s fsh ,I’ve just serviced it ,I’m about to change gearbox oil and the aux belt. How often should I do...
Back