• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DIY wheel alignment?

Has anybody attempted this on an EP3? I’m thinking it’s worth a go on my standard setup EP3 daily , and if it all goes wrong I’ll just end up having a professional alignment anyway.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am going to use the string technique to get the toe in spec and a magnetic camber spirit level off eBay to adjust the camber correctly.

Also what are the standard alignment settings ?
Thanks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustab...066403&hash=item2a9b68fd13:g:eLQAAOSw0W5aPHy5

Unless you have adjustable camber arms on the rear, and camber bolts on the front, you’re going to find this pretty difficult. The EP3 doesn’t come with adjustable parts as standard.
The string method is not actually the worst way in the world to set a car up. I used it to do a rough alignment on my car before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh okay, so there is no camber adjustment on a stock ep3? My rear tyres have to much negative camber coursing wear on the inside. Yes string looks really affective if you have a good box setup to allow you to check the toe on both front and rear.

Sure that's camber and not toe-out?

Or have you lowered it?
I think the pre facelift ones suffered with rear tyre wear because of the camber? Could also be toe out though like you say.

I'd prefer to get it on a machine to align.

Rear toe is always set up for toe in. Unless it’s had an almighty rear end and is bent you’ll gain enough toe out for inner tyre wear. 9/10 times it’s down to excessive camber.
You can adjust the front camber with the standard bolts but the movement is very limited and without aftermarket camber bolts it’s difficult to adjust.
Adjusting the toe using the string method works if it’s set up correctly.

It's a completely standard facelift, I think its the rear camber coursing the wear. I just want to also check the toe on all 4 wheels just to get the steering wheel nice and straight and for peace of mind.

Bushes wear on the rear camber arms giving you excessive rear camber.

It’s worth paying a decent company to do the 4 wheel alignment and geometry properly, also for the sake of doing it Wright buy new adjustable rear camber arms and front camber bolts, then get a fast road set up done, it makes a huge difference I’ve had mine done for about three weeks now and still surprised how much better the car drives and feels on the road.

Back