• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Dotty McSpotty

What did you do to your Type R today?

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you’re back out in your R soon. Appreciate that the allure of those mountains is quite addictive.
  2. Dotty McSpotty

Bloody hell! Hope you’re ok! It was scary enough driving my car down Hard Knot pass never mind taking a tumble on Sca Fell. Nowt serious I hope!
  3. Dotty McSpotty

Well I don’t know about the rest of you but all I did to my R yesterday was drive to Sainsbury’s to get some beers in for the match! He will be getting some tlc today to make up for it! :D
  4. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

Well I wouldn’t have my car without the Finance offers. :( If that makes me a pedant, so be it! I really love the car tbh but the main things I’d change would be 1) The exhaust note 2) More flexible suspension /engine response settings 3) A third seatbelt in the back I hear what...
  5. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Type r led interior light kit

Well I got some red ones after looking at different options available online but decided on just the footwell lighting. I would happily recommend these...
  6. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Type R meets

Aw cheers! :)
  7. Dotty McSpotty

Bye FK8, hello i8

Sorry the FK8 didn’t work out for you but happy motoring in your new steed. :D
  8. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Type R meets

Oh I forgot to say that I’m on the gate at this weekend’s Sports Cars in the Park event at Newby Hall near Ripon this Sunday. Over 600 cars attending at the moment although this does cover all marques and my FK8 will be there. Was hoping to outdo the Focus RS group but that was probably a tall...
  9. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Type R meets

Sorry for delayed response. I’ve not been on here for a bit. I’m in Leeds and doubt I’d be able to get down to the south coast around then I’m afraid. Really glad to hear that people are meeting up though. Got my first wave off another CTR last week (FK2) so that cheered me up a bit!
  10. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Type R meets

Are there any anywhere? I’m not expecting to find any FK8 specific meets but not met anyone else with an FK8 yet. Ta.
  11. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Ah, cheers! I’ll keep my eyes open to hear about that. Fingers crossed it will have 3 tailpipes! ;)
  12. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I do like the HKS but really wanted to keep 3 tailpipes. Thats the only thing that spoils it for me.
  13. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Ha ha! In retrospect, it was only an option for me with the Aeropack. Drove really nice but the CTR just put a grin on my face so wide, I know it was the one! :cool:
  14. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Ha ha! I guess there are ways to make you more of a target. I was a gnats whisker away from buying an A45 with a sports exhaust an all, but sacked it off due to apathy from the dealer and vague lead times.
  15. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Yeah, I guess that’s the kind of thing I was talking about. Could you tell from looking at yours that it wasn’t OEM when you got knicked? Sounds like you got a bit of a jobsworth there but depends how many of them there are about. Did you get any points?
  16. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I do really like the sound of the aFe catback exhaust but at least you can have a quiet day with the Remus if the mood doesn’t take you. Thanks again everyone. :)
  17. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

That is very ironic. cheers for the info though :)
  18. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Cheers for your replies everyone. Yeah, I’d had a look at the Remus but the blurb seems to suggest it’s only for the track. Not wanting to sound all prissy but, I don’t want to get rumbled in a technicality. Have no intention of removing the cat so sounds like I’m probably being over cautious...
  19. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Ta muchly. I had had a shufty at this video on my quest. Just wasn’t too sure about the legality of the different options available. It’s a lot of money to spend and need to choose wisely to get the best grin vs pain in the arse option for me.
  20. Dotty McSpotty

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Well I’ve had my fk8 for nearly 3 months now and I am deeply smitten but am afraid I can’t help but hanker for a better exhaust note. I’ll be honest I’m a car enthusiast but not gonna pretend I’m any good under the bonnet so please cut me a bit of slack. I’ve only ever cosmetically enhanced my...
  21. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

Don’t lose heart! I’m sure the crappy weather is making it worse! I couldn’t get my car off the drive for a couple of days and was going stir crazy. It isn’t the easiest car to drive in snow. Bear in mind this weather won’t last for ever and you’ll soon be able to grab your FK8 by the scruff...
  22. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 FK8 How many have wrecked Alloys so far ???

I curbed my front nearside alloy at work in the first few weeks of ownership before I’d got used to the width of the FK8 and was gutted. It’s a fair bit wider than my previous car. Can’t get used to the length of the bonnet though. Keep parking in supermarket car parks leaving a gap of about 3...
  23. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Glad to hear that the exhaust note is improving over time. Other than there only being two seats in the back, that is my only other quibble. I’m loathe to change the exhaust until it’s out of warranty (well plus I haven’t really got the cash either :( )
  24. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Condensation in rear light clusters

I’ve noticed this too but I had cleaned my car with a pressure washer. The condensation does seem to clear but I’m keeping an eye on it .
  25. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Thanks a lot. I have had cars that get through quite a bit of oil in the past so wasn’t sure if this was an inordinate amount for such a new car . Not sure how much oil it takes to get from min to max on the dipstick. Should I be concerned that it’s used his much? Cheers.
  26. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Hi everyone, I’ve had my CTR FK8 for about 6 eeeks now. How much oil should my car be using in its first 1500 miles? Am I recommended to top it up with Honda oil 0w-20? Cheers Dotty
  27. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

The Dotty McSpotty knitted collection :lol: The knob warmer: The stupidly oversized hat:
  28. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

After a bit of TLC
  29. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

Blatting round Yorkshire
  30. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

The obligatory
  31. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

Thank you! It’s nice to be here! :twisted:
  32. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

Well hello! :D Sorry about that. I’m normally Dotty on account of my love of polka dots. Not mounting a challenge! ;)
  33. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

This is my p&j on the day I picked him up!
  34. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

No I’m not. Oops, well, don’t want to rain on anyone’s else’s parade!
  35. Dotty McSpotty

FK8 Honda newbie says Hi

Hi everyone, I’m Janet or Dotty, whichever you prefer, and I’m from Leeds. I picked up my shiny new Polished Metallic Type R on 13th December and am truly smitten. Test drove Merc A45, Focus RS, BMW 135i, Subaru Impreza but in the end, the Type R was the one for me! Love it to bits...
Back