• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

Ep3 Burning smell

Hi guys, After a bit of advice please... I’m getting a burning smell (clutch like) when the car is driven a bit hard but no smell whatsoever during my daily commute through town, which is very stop start. The thing is apart from the smell, I get no other symptoms, like difficulty to change...
  2. R

Is my Ep3 dead? Help needed

Hi Guys, just need some advice please… This last week I’ve noticed a whining / grinding noise coming from the aux area. Looking at some of the post and YouTube videos it appears the likely culprit is the idler pulley. I’ve order this and a PCV value too. It gets worse… On my way to work...
  3. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Hi, I have an oil leak on my EP3. I was just wondering from the photos below if anyone knew the possible culprit? Just another question, is it possible to cross-thread an oil filter? The reason I ask is after my last service I noticed straight away I had an oil leak. I took the car back to the...
  4. R

EP3 Ep3 Odometer and Rev counter bulbs

Hi guys, Can anyone send me a link for the odometer and rev counter bulbs for the ep3 please? I believe they should be: Lucas LLB286T 12v 1.2w PCB Bulbs (or equivalent) but I can find them and none of my local carpart companies stock them. Currently my speedo and rev counter is partly...
  5. R

EP3 Do I need a new clutch?

Hi Guys, So my 2004 ep3 has just hit 105k and I’m experiencing some changes. The clutch is now biting a little lower and the gearbox feels quite notchy, not terrible where I can’t change gear though. I assuming this is down to clutch, thus will need replacing soon? The car still pulls (not...
  6. R

EP3 Headlights

Hi, Does the civic have “standard headlights “ or “projector + xenon headlights”? It’s listed on the eurolites manual and I’m assminimg the 2004 CTR has “standard lights” ??? Cheers
  7. R

EP3 Head light adjustment for Europe.

Hi, I’m currently reading through the instructions for Eurolites headlight defectors and I’m not confident I will be installing in the exact location. Have got guys used them before? If so, I don’t suppose you have any photos fitted do you lol Car is an face lift ep3 - 2004 Thanks
  8. R

EP3 Ferry crossing. How to disable car alarm?

Hi, Brittany ferris expect car owners to turn their car alarms off during the crossing. Can this be done on an EP3? If so, how please? Thanks
  9. R

EP3 Misfire when wet - Help needed please.

Hi Guys, My 2004 EP3 has developed a fault where in heavy rain the car starts to misfire badly. In dry weather I have no issues at all. The issue started around November last year when it felt like a had a blow out on the rear driver side tyre but soon realised it was a misfire. Lucky I...
Back