• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. rayttk

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

I have had TeamDynamics pro3 18x8.5 et45 with PS4's 245/40/R18 on since August 2018, there is a slight negative difference in handling from the 20's but the cost of rubber, parking up curbs and pot hole dodging out weighs the small loss in handling. So definitely not as sharp as the OEM 20" but...
  2. rayttk

What did you do to your Type R today?

If your still within your 14 days cooling off period try Brentacre, they are really good!
  3. rayttk

EP3 New wheels

I had gone wheelbase in Chadderton Manchester and was about to order some when a set came on eBay with track tyres and it was tegiwa imports off there FK8 track car. I would email Dream because Phil has used various wheels on his car during the time attack competition.
  4. rayttk

EP3 New wheels

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?102727-What-did-you-do-to-your-Type-R-today/page133 They are TeamDynamics pro3 18x8.5 et45
  5. rayttk

EP3 New wheels

I was agonising over this for 6 months and eventually went with 18”s et45 it’s one of the most practical, sensible mods you can do for U.K. roads plus £135 a corner for PS4’s Torque steer / handling is affected slightly but you are well into getting banned from driving before it’s really a...
  6. rayttk

EP3 Bumper off, what’s worth doing?

+1 for this
  7. rayttk

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Checked mine a 67 plate .....There are currently no active recalls/updates on this vehicle
  8. rayttk

I didn't really want to bother with them for a long time, I have never had them on any previous cars but they have grown on me having seen quite a few fitted on the FK8, plus my new place of work have barriers to get in and out and when I open the window to scan my fob I keep getting wet and...
  9. rayttk

Yeah fronts are tinted with Suntek Tint 70% just matching the back and still legal, if I was doing it again I would go lighter because it is hard work parallel parking when it’s dark Which it is when I go to work and when I finish now. A firm in Cheshire did my windows, headlights, rear lights...
  10. rayttk

Mugen wind deflectors.... Birthday present from my loving family.
  11. rayttk

What is WBAC know that we don’t? Less than a month ago I put my details in 67 plate 13500 miles and was offered £24250, week later good news email offering £2500 today £25175. It’s a shame to see so many selling up but I do understand why, if I accept the above offer it would mean it had cost me...
  12. rayttk

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Nice one Bazza, I was gonna ask your opinion as well, I like the look of the mugens but noticed the Honda OEM’s are darker and might look better with my car being black but more interested in noise and fit etc , hate spending when it leads to problems
  13. rayttk

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Dotty, have you had any issues with the mugen wind deflectors? Would you buy them again or go for OEM?, cheers
  14. rayttk

EP3 2020 grille

Good luck with the fitting, I'm eagerly awaiting the pictures
  15. rayttk

FK8 Parking sensor in the rain

That's two of us Doh!
  16. rayttk

FK8 Insurance ...

Brentacre Insurance, Very good for mods, no increase for any of mine. £450 with protected NCB, age 50, clean license, I have a kinda GAP insurance thing going with Adrian Flux £55 per year and they pay out an extra 25% of what your main policy pay out if the car is a right off. Some insurance...
  17. rayttk

FK8 Aftermarket wheel fitment

No car was absolutely perfect for commuting, for me and the places I drive going to 18’s was the best thing ever, it’s when you’re really on it I felt a tad more torque steer, slightly less planted than OEM, plus the wheels were aligned and balanced yet inside edge worn down faster than the...
  18. rayttk

EP3 2020 grille

I saw Dreams Time Attack car, I would think a phone call to Phill would be worthwhile Matt. http://seiboncarbon.co.uk/products.html?make=179&amp%3Bmodel=419&find=2018-honda-civic-type-r-476528
  19. rayttk

FK8 Aftermarket wheel fitment

Hi, I put Team Dynamics 18 x 8.5 ET45 on mine, made the car awesome for commute. if I was doing it again I would buy these FK2 OEM's off Ebay simply because of the offset...
  20. rayttk

FK8 Hard Decision

Hi Welcome to the Forum, I really feel for you because my experience of the two cars it was such an easy choice, If the Golf has the DSG box and you want to drink a coffee on the way to work... LOL I'm into my third year of owning the FK8, when I was looking to upgrade my 13 plate Octavia VRs I...
  21. rayttk

Cheers for posting about the Horn it's a pet peave of mine, I have to use the horn at work a lot and its sooo embarassing! How much do they cost, where from and how does it sound now? thanks.
  22. rayttk

LOL...Fan you will probably have to re wax everytime you use that stuff! we blast **** off the trucks at work with that. I use this diluted via a £7.99 5L spray pump from wilco's https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-citrus-pre-wash
  23. rayttk

I bought one of these about three years ago https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-v2-dual-action-polisher Clean your car are a great company, very friendly staff great help over the phone never try to sell you anything you don’t need. The paint on our cars is very soft so the trick is to get the...
  24. rayttk

Yeah I don’t usually buy into the colour thing with wax and glaze but I do like working with these products
  25. rayttk

Jeez, you guy’s have forced me into doing this! :) 2 buckets wash, dry, tar X, wash, dry, IronX, wash dry, dinner. Sonax ex 04-05, orange hex pad one pass DA, Tea. Poor boys Black hole glaze DA black hex pad, Poor boys natty’s paste wax by hand, Bath. Awesome results but found a nasty scuff on...
  26. rayttk

Looks Great. Desperate to give mine a full strip down, polish and seal but I live on a terraced street and didn't think it right to be outside working on the car in current situation, if I had the car on a drive way then its nobody's business.
  27. rayttk

^^^^^^I Bet you join the 400 club^^^^^^
  28. rayttk

FK8 Weird Knocking

I have had plenty stones also, some grind themselves smaller and fall out but I have had to take the wheel off a couple of times and pry the disc cover back enough to scrape the stone out, I recently saw this tool on eBay it says it’s for getting stones out of your tyres but it looks like it...
  29. rayttk

Spent the morning at Dream Automotive watching Phil fit my new eventuri intake and HKS Spec L exhaust. Awesome service, Awesome price and by the time I was back in Manchester I knew I had bought awesome products. Car feels much more lively and sounds great, exhaust note is plenty loud enough for...
  30. rayttk

I went to 18" Team Dynamics and PS4's six months in, I love them and have never thought about putting the 20" back on but the band I play in are getting mighty ****ed off at the huge stack of rubber in the corner!
  31. rayttk

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

I felt exactly the same about the amount of money, I have always bought 2-3 year old workhorse cars for less than half the price. I test drove a polished metal on a whim, there was a very encouraging salesman in with me and my teenage son, when I got out I had the biggest grin of my life...
  32. rayttk

^^^^^^^^ You Da Man^^^^^^^^
  33. rayttk

I have to agree about there not being anything else at the right price to compete so....What are you thinking about doing in September, keeping the car or starting a new PCP for warranty free worries?
  34. rayttk

I have been advised by a few people now that the Milltek non res is awful on the motorway and that the Road+ part res is the way to go, Whats your Remus like fully open on the motorway FaNtheMan? You were spot on about the Remus valve not staying open without the controller, you would have to...
  35. rayttk

I noticed you mentioned it in a previous post are you planning to fit it or would you like to sell? I have had my FK8 for 19 months and when I am on it I like the stock exhaust I guess thats why I'm hesitant on an aftermarket, so many tales of woe. It would kill me to spend a grand and think...
  36. rayttk

Hi all, I have been saving for an exhaust around £1000-£1200 mark and when chosen I would like to get it fitted in January, I cannot afford a Remus and sound controller although I love the sound of it fully open and It would be the best option for me I cannot justify spending so much (£2000...
  37. rayttk

Got myself a new gear knob warmer thanks to innocent smoothies, went to Tesco for a meal deal paid £3 and got a little red and black hat that fits the gear knob perfect. https://www.thebigknit.co.uk/knitting-patterns
  38. rayttk

Did you stain the seat?
  39. rayttk

I like them mate. I was sick of the spiders web on mine so I bought a DA and some light polish brought them up a treat! I have 75% tinted front side windows, put some matt black PPF on the front and tinted headlights, back lights and badges. Car needs a wash but I like how stealth it looks now.
  40. rayttk

FK8 Lowered FK8/Tyre size?

All the info you need will be in on this site.... https://www.civicx.com/forums/wheels-tires-suspension-brakes.64/
  41. rayttk

Oh man! I’m ****ing myself laughing. I have exactly the same problem with my better half, I seriously think she would dump me if I spent that much money on an exhaust atm, I will stealth save and have to say what a downer exhaust is broken that’s Gonna cost us So the Bluetooth valve control is a...
  42. rayttk

Congratulations, I am well jealous!:D How much was it all together?
  43. rayttk

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

If there is a bigger issue then it will be covered under warranty and when fixed they should give you a re gas free of charge. I haven't had a mechanical problem with mine but I bought it last summer and while driving very slowly round the M25 in blistering heat I thought this AC is ****! really...
  44. rayttk

FK8 Had FK8 just over 6 months, a few little niggles .....

They don’t want to, told them about it every time I’m in there. All they have done so far is adjust the door wrongly. Again I’m going to have to get stroppy mention Honda Uk and changing dealership etc and I might get a road test with a mechanic, I will let him drive it on the motorway
  45. rayttk

At first it was a small sound like a gentle fart, wife and kids thought I was mad because they couldn’t hear anything, it would do it on any uneven ground, speed bumps and I could hear it when changing direction like when stopping and putting it into reverse to park. I had it down to suspension...
  46. rayttk

Being done free of charge under warranty, just a pita going back and forth. Told them about it at service in January been back 3 times since, got one of the mechanics to road test with me after a little strop, found some speed bumps so he could hear it. They had it for 3 days after that and they...
  47. rayttk

Issues..... Drivers window wind noise when I hit 70mph and above, Condensation in R/N/S light lense, Front parking sensors going mental when its raining, And the latest is a noise that has got progressively louder caused by the bearing and top mount on o/s front suspension. Non of that matters...
  48. rayttk

I have drove over 3 types of speed bumps and they are nowhere near catching. Mounting the pavement in my type R is a new experience for me, Since fitting 18” wheels I have done it a couple of times and now feel far less stressed and the flaps have not been a problem. I think reverse parallel...
  49. rayttk

They offer great protection. once fitted you can no longer here little stones hitting the wheel arches/sills. I was following this forum waiting for release. There are about 3 cars pictured with red but not a RR still interesting reading. I can recommend Tarmac sports they got me mine to me 8...
  50. rayttk

Trev, not sure if you’re aware but the RallyArmor mudflaps have been in R&D for over a year in America, they fix to the Type R using all the existing holes, you don’t have to do any drilling!
  51. rayttk

I'm not sure protection film will stick there. Yeah wheels are 18" team Dynamics 1.3 I have not put the wheels or mudflaps on the car for it to look better its just practical, I love the OEM wheels but there are so many potholes on my way to work it was a mega worry and was spoiling my love for...
  52. rayttk

I fitted them on the road outside my house, I didn't take any wheels off or jack it up, it was do able but not easy. If you enjoy tinkering you will be fine and if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me
  53. rayttk

Nightmare! sorry to here this I really feel for you, good luck getting it sorted. I had a slight issue with my rear defuser/splitter come away from bumper at one side, eventually got the dealer who I bought the car from to agree to fix it through my local Honda dealer they said rear bumper had...
  54. rayttk

I have had the RallyArmour mud flaps for over a week now but everytime I'm not at work and could fit them its been raining. I bought them from Tarmac sports UK distributor for RallyArmor, ordered two days after they where released in USA had them 8 days later! Awesome service. cost £169
  55. rayttk

Ha Ha, are you managing to get 34 mpg or more from your Type R? LOL All my tyres where still legal at 4K and I might have gotten to 8K ish with the rears but the fronts Nah!
  56. rayttk

FK8 Pothole horrors

I think as long as its not a really deep gouge most black pain will do and to prove it, I scratched my front drivers side wheel parallel parking the week I got the car, rather than look at it and cringe everytime I went to the car I used what I had to temp fix it. Some fine grit emery to smooth...
  57. rayttk

I had nearly 4K on my OEM tyres and thinking about what to replace them with. It is sad that a £230 tyre lasted less than 6 months, I think the hot summer must have contributed as well as my I’ve got a new toy style of driving. I have done just over 300 miles on my new Michelin 18” PS4’s it’s...
  58. rayttk

Yeah I agree about the 18’s not being lost, a lot of the Americans are dropping to 18’s so I had a good idea how they would look. My main worry was moving away from the 60 offset but after some spirited driving A road and motorway I am very happy with my decision. All in was just under £1600, I...
  59. rayttk

New wheels and tyres, ready for winter pothole madness. Bought from Wheelbase in Chadderton, great service can't recommend them enough. Team Dynamics 1.3, 18" /8.5/ET45, 64.1 centre same as Honda Michelin PS4XL 245/40ZR18 Ride is smoother as you would expect with a 40 side wall but I still felt...
Back