• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. P

Noob needing gearbox help/suggestions

Try Rob at Area Motorsport (as above), Dave Hudson at Motion Motorsport Stoke on Trent or Steve Brindle at Grinspeed Preston
  2. P

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I would say the RS29 was fine as a daily, good cold bite no real issues apart from they are not road legal but if that doesn't bother you go for it. Expensive but an excellent pad, reasonably kind to disks (never used on a Civic but used on Clios's and Focus RS's)
  3. P

Glad you have it back now, I take it you had to pay for the privilege of Honda stripping / rebuilding the box ?
  4. P

Obviously need complaints from a large number of owners, Honda are definatley fobbing owners off
  5. P

Or maybe a few letters to watchdog !
  6. P

Who covers the cost of the gearbox in &'out and strip down / rebuild if there is no fault found ?
  7. P

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

We've tried many pad types on Fords and Reno's, the best all round pad i would say was the RS29. Not cheap, however we never had any disk issues using these. Never used them in the rears, we only fitted a mild upgrade pad at the back something like a Mintex 1144.
  8. P

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

Did you do a gearbox oil change before the event ? Any issues ?
  9. P

Why not diy gearbox oil change with MTF ? Surely that can't be a warranty issue ?
  10. P

FK2 Clutch bleed Nd gearbox oil change

Might be worth sticking with Honda MTF just in case you end up back at Honda with the box
  11. P

I think it will be the entire thing as the drain plug is over plastic ! If you do it take a few pics along the way - good reference for others
  12. P

Yeh - air box out and the Fill plug is there, make sure this comes out before draining ! Under tray off and the drain is obvious The fill / drain plugs will come out using a 3/8 drive extension end I haven't been able to see the level plug from above even using a mirror, but it may be...
  13. P

I have been given a print of a page from the Honda system and it shows one, send me an email address and I'll send it to you
  14. P

Good to know that's how it supposed to be
  15. P

Bled the clutch, gravity method giving a marginal improvement Tried the the 2 man pump method and found that with the bleed nipple open as soon as you touched the clutch pedal it dropped to the floor and had to be manually lifted back up with the nipple closed - it wasn't like this on our...
  16. P

Just had the air box out and a look from the top, I can't see the level plug, maybe easier to see with under tray off (assuming it's there)
  17. P

This looks interesting also https://www.civicx.com/threads/removing-clutch-delay-valve.16339/
  18. P

I think it shows in picture 3 of this ad https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Honda-Civic-Type-R-6-Speed-Manual-Gearbox-S3PM-15k-Miles-90-Day-Warrenty/163174300579?hash=item25fdf23ba3:g:WYgAAOSwyRdakwbY
  19. P

Looks like there is a fill level plug https://www.civicx.com/threads/the-infamous-2nd-gear-crunch.12890/page-16 post 236 Just above the upper oil cooler pipe Anyone near an FK2 to check if it's there ?
  20. P

@veehexx I'm planning on dropping the gearbox oil measuring what comes out and put the same amount of fresh in as I don't want to overfill, just how it wasn't under filled from new I hope around 2 litres or so comes out !
  21. P

Thanks for the info I think I'll try gravity and 2 man method on the clutch - noted about 3 pumps and empty ! As for gearbox the drain is underneath but looks as if all the under tray has to come off. I've spotted a fill plug (square) drive on the top of the box but not sure how to check the...
  22. P

Hi I'm new to the FK2, my son has purchased one with the intention of a few trackdays over the coming year. So we are going to do a few basic bits and bobs to start with Clutch bleed I've spotted a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder and the clutch appears to have its own fluid...
Back