• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. brightside

Engine Startup Misfire?

Hey guys, My DC5R has recently been engine swapped with a k20a2 (stock engine). And recently it's been starting up a little bit rough. It takes a bit longer to crank up and start the car after it's been sitting for 30 mins+ and worse on a cold start. Symptoms: - Longer to crank - The...
  2. brightside

Clutch Master Cylinder Broke AGAIN

Hey cheers man. I went to my local mechanic, they confirmed it was the CMC, brake fluid was squirting out from it. Thankfully the shop that installed it are willing to pay for a new one. Now I only need to pay for labour. Not so bad.
  3. brightside

This is the clutch that was installed roughly a year ago by the previous owner: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Exedy-Sports-Tuff-HD-Clutch-Kit-HCK-7369HD-/162065628758 Question, is it common for EP3s that have uprated clutches installed to have their OEM CMCs break?
  4. brightside

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't know. I took it to a garage (far from home) to get it fixed the first time it broke, and didn't bother to ask what they put in. My bad, I'm new to Hondas and cars and general. So next time, I'm going to make sure I know exactly whats being put in my...
  5. brightside

Hey, guys so my CMC in my EP3 just went out again after having replaced it around 6 months ago. I do have an after market exedy clutch and a lightened flywheel which was installed by the previous owner around a year ago. So basically the CMC has blown twice within a year. So my options...
  6. brightside

EP3 Alternator on eBay

Have any of you guys bought this alternator (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-Civic-TypeR-MK7-2001-2005-2-0-Type-R-PETROL-EP3-K20A2-BRAND-NEW-ALTERNATOR/153199018247?hash=item23ab5f8107:g:Nx0AAOSw9A5bruhg)? I believe this will fit my 2002 JDM EP3 as it lists the OE part number that I...
  7. brightside

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

Depends on your offset I guess, If you get wider tires you'd want a lower offset to compensate for the extra half an inch. The lower the offset the more it would poke out. If you like the stock look, then you'd get wheels with 17 x 7.5 +~38. Check out willtheyfit.com, you can play around with...
  8. brightside

Vibrations When Using Accessories

Update: my alternator is apparently no good. Will need to get it replaced soon.
  9. brightside

EP3 Knock/Clunk Driver Side - Engine Mount?

Update: The rear engine mount was shot. Got it replaced and the noise is gone. :D
  10. brightside

EP3 Knock/Clunk Driver Side - Engine Mount?

Hey guys my EP3 started getting a weird noise on the way home from a 600 km roadtrip. The next morning when I first started the car up, I heard a loud-ish bang which resonated throughout the whole cabin, and that was the first time it's ever happened. However it's been starting up normally...
  11. brightside

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

It's all preference and what you are willing to pay for. Black, white and bronze would look good with red I reckon. RPF1s, Grids/TE37, Fighters/CE28, BBS style rims like Avid1AV12...any reputable brands. Doesn't matter if they're "rep" or "genuine" wheels.
  12. brightside

EP3 Ep3r common issues

What intake do you currently have? Yeah most, if not all, EPs here in Aus are JDM and a lot of them are in cwhite, so the nhbp EPs are quite rare. But over there in the UK it'd be the complete opposite. Although, I do like the cosmic grey I reckon that looks so good.
  13. brightside

EP3 Ep3r common issues

That's good news man, CMC replacement can be quite expensive. And yeah a new rad is always good and a cold intake may also help with the heat. Planning on doing them myself in the future. Coilovers would be the next sensible makes the car handle and look a lot better :smt023
  14. brightside

Vibrations When Using Accessories

Hey guys, I have noticed something odd with my EP3. It seems to be nothing major but I'll share it anyway. Maybe someone has had the same problem and has fixed it. I'm not sure if this is normal but my EP3 has rhythmic vibrations ONLY ON IDLE when using certain accessories listed below: (All...
  15. brightside

EP3 Ep3r common issues

1) Stock or after market doesn't really matter. Get them brand new and they'll last a very long time. 2) My OEM CMC broke after 17 years. Personally I'd get a brand new one, just for the piece mind. Have a look at the K-tuned CMC and slave kits or visit your local auto shop and see if they...
  16. brightside

EP3 Prefacelift EP3 Headlights - White Light?

Yeah fair enough, my one didn't come with a mounting flange. I just plugged it in how the halogen bulbs were plugged. However, since the LED bulbs are bigger because of the heat sink, the rubber light bulb boots don't fit anymore :( Also my driver's side bulb seems to be on high beam while...
  17. brightside

Clutch Groan on EP3

It's been around 3 months since I posted this. I've learnt to live with it. I just avoid holding the clutch at that certain point (at the very top as you're about to release the clutch pedal) where it starts groaning. It only really happens when I'm taking off uphill and the guy in front of me...
  18. brightside

I was close to ordering a Novsight but I took a trip down to my local auto shop and grabbed a pair of these: They're good. Bright and very easy to install. Now my only problem is adjusting my bulb housings as they are out of place. Everyone on the road thinks I have my high beams on :(
  19. brightside

Brightside's EP3R

Cheers guys, the towhook is there for protection :p My mate got rear ended but his towhook saved his rear bumper and destroyed the other guys front bumper :lol:
  20. brightside

Brightside's EP3R

More Photos
  21. brightside

Brightside's EP3R

Hey everyone, this is gonna be EP3 thread. I've been lurking in the forums for a few months and now I just wanna share my EP3. I will be updating this thread when I get the chance to do something to it. Story After driving a Toyota Camry for 2 years, I decided to get a fun daily and manual car...
  22. brightside

Exhaust Fitment EP3/DC5

Picked up this bad boy :p Here's the story: Fujitsubo RM01A retails for around 900 AUD in Japan but around 1500 AUD in Australia - due to import and shipping fees etc. I picked this second hand but unused exhaust for only 650 AUD because the previous owner just wanted it gone as it had been...
  23. brightside

Exhaust Fitment EP3/DC5

Cheers boys, I'm checking out a second hand (but un-used) Fujitsubo RM01A for an EP3, hopefully it's the one. Never thought of even getting this exhaust because if its hefty price tag. But I just can't ignore it. It's too much of a bargain! I'll post the pic here if I do end up getting it. Also...
  24. brightside

Exhaust Fitment EP3/DC5

Hey guys my EP3 stock muffler is broken and I'm looking at second hand Fujitsubo and J's racing cat-back exhaust systems. But some sellers say that it fits both EP3 and DC5. I have looked around online and one forum said that a DC5 muffler would stick out 3 inches more and it makes sense since...
  25. brightside

Hey guys, does the wattage for headlight bulbs matter? Does it have to be 60W or under or is it okay to use 70W? Cheers
  26. brightside

Cheers for the reply boys, I reckon I'm gonna purchase an LED kit like the one CR54WDS bought. They seem easier and cheaper than a HID conversion or a facelift headlight conversion.
  27. brightside

Yeah I'm not too worried about the MOT (I live in Aus), I just wanted to know how the beam pattern is because I don't wanna blind other people driving or getting pulled over by cops. I've looked into swapping to facelift lights, but it's not practical for me to do so. Parts are hard to get...
  28. brightside

Hey guys I've bought these halogen bulbs. The colour temperature for the new one is rated 5000k and my old one was around 3000k. I thought the new ones would look whiter but they pretty much look identical to my previous bulbs which were yellow...
  29. brightside

Clutch Groan on EP3

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me too much because it rarely happens, just scared if I could damage the car the longer I ignore it. Which clutch did you replace your old one with? Not too sure, but don't new clutch kits come with new throw out clutch bearing? I'll have to try and find that out...
  30. brightside

Clutch Groan on EP3

Hey guys, I get this groaning noise ONLY when I slowly let go of the clutch on 1st gear/riding the clutch, during slow traffic and sometimes hill starts. The noise comes around the biting point up until the clutch is fully engaged and then it goes away. Otherwise the car feels normal when I...
  31. brightside

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

beautiful work mate =D>
  32. brightside

EP3 EP3 Rear Number Plate Light Change Problem

Yeah, I pulled out the other one and they're both short. It looks like I'm gonna have to find another way to put them back on. In the meantime, I'm gonna give the bulb covers a good clean :) Yeah I might just do this so that it'll be easier for me to change later down the road if I need to...
  33. brightside

EP3 EP3 Rear Number Plate Light Change Problem

Hey guys, got a bit of a weird problem and I don't know if anyone has had this issue before I have already read the manual and these threads: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?81553-Changing-rear-number-plate-bulb...
  34. brightside

EP3 Floor Mats

Yeah hopefully, it'll still be up when I'm able to get it. Got a few more things to do first. Yeah decent price, sucks for me coz for shipping which costs just as much or more than the actual mats. :lol:
  35. brightside

EP3 Floor Mats

I've been browsing around online for floor mats for my EP3 and they're very rare and difficult to get in Australia. Here are some of the ones I've sussed out on ebay. I know the the JDM ones have been discontinued so I don't mind getting the EDM or aftermarket/unbranded/rep ones. JDM ...
  36. brightside

Light to Moderate Vibrations

Cheers guys, I'll keep what you all said in mind when I visit the mechanics this week. I'll post an update on what they may find wrong with it. Hopefully it's nothing because I've been driving it around occasionally and it seems to drive fine. Ill be introducing myself and the car once I take...
  37. brightside

Light to Moderate Vibrations

Hey guys I'm a newbie here, I recently bought a 2002 JDM EP3R (stock). I'm just unsure about some light to moderate vibrations on the dashboard, steering wheel and gear stick. It only vibrates when the car is on idle and is warmed up. Now, I haven't taken the car to a mechanic because I haven't...
Back