• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. brightside

Engine Startup Misfire?

Hey guys, My DC5R has recently been engine swapped with a k20a2 (stock engine). And recently it's been starting up a little bit rough. It takes a bit longer to crank up and start the car after it's been sitting for 30 mins+ and worse on a cold start. Symptoms: - Longer to crank - The...
  2. brightside

Clutch Master Cylinder Broke AGAIN

Hey, guys so my CMC in my EP3 just went out again after having replaced it around 6 months ago. I do have an after market exedy clutch and a lightened flywheel which was installed by the previous owner around a year ago. So basically the CMC has blown twice within a year. So my options...
  3. brightside

EP3 Alternator on eBay

Have any of you guys bought this alternator (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-Civic-TypeR-MK7-2001-2005-2-0-Type-R-PETROL-EP3-K20A2-BRAND-NEW-ALTERNATOR/153199018247?hash=item23ab5f8107:g:Nx0AAOSw9A5bruhg)? I believe this will fit my 2002 JDM EP3 as it lists the OE part number that I...
  4. brightside

EP3 Knock/Clunk Driver Side - Engine Mount?

Hey guys my EP3 started getting a weird noise on the way home from a 600 km roadtrip. The next morning when I first started the car up, I heard a loud-ish bang which resonated throughout the whole cabin, and that was the first time it's ever happened. However it's been starting up normally...
  5. brightside

Vibrations When Using Accessories

Hey guys, I have noticed something odd with my EP3. It seems to be nothing major but I'll share it anyway. Maybe someone has had the same problem and has fixed it. I'm not sure if this is normal but my EP3 has rhythmic vibrations ONLY ON IDLE when using certain accessories listed below: (All...
  6. brightside

Brightside's EP3R

Hey everyone, this is gonna be EP3 thread. I've been lurking in the forums for a few months and now I just wanna share my EP3. I will be updating this thread when I get the chance to do something to it. Story After driving a Toyota Camry for 2 years, I decided to get a fun daily and manual car...
  7. brightside

Exhaust Fitment EP3/DC5

Hey guys my EP3 stock muffler is broken and I'm looking at second hand Fujitsubo and J's racing cat-back exhaust systems. But some sellers say that it fits both EP3 and DC5. I have looked around online and one forum said that a DC5 muffler would stick out 3 inches more and it makes sense since...
  8. brightside

EP3 Prefacelift EP3 Headlights - White Light?

Hey guys I've bought these halogen bulbs. The colour temperature for the new one is rated 5000k and my old one was around 3000k. I thought the new ones would look whiter but they pretty much look identical to my previous bulbs which were yellow...
  9. brightside

Clutch Groan on EP3

Hey guys, I get this groaning noise ONLY when I slowly let go of the clutch on 1st gear/riding the clutch, during slow traffic and sometimes hill starts. The noise comes around the biting point up until the clutch is fully engaged and then it goes away. Otherwise the car feels normal when I...
  10. brightside

EP3 EP3 Rear Number Plate Light Change Problem

Hey guys, got a bit of a weird problem and I don't know if anyone has had this issue before I have already read the manual and these threads: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?81553-Changing-rear-number-plate-bulb...
  11. brightside

EP3 Floor Mats

I've been browsing around online for floor mats for my EP3 and they're very rare and difficult to get in Australia. Here are some of the ones I've sussed out on ebay. I know the the JDM ones have been discontinued so I don't mind getting the EDM or aftermarket/unbranded/rep ones. JDM ...
  12. brightside

Light to Moderate Vibrations

Hey guys I'm a newbie here, I recently bought a 2002 JDM EP3R (stock). I'm just unsure about some light to moderate vibrations on the dashboard, steering wheel and gear stick. It only vibrates when the car is on idle and is warmed up. Now, I haven't taken the car to a mechanic because I haven't...
Back