• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. cheesepiece

Tyre choice FN2

I've Continental Premium Contact 6 on mine. Really recommend but I'll be trying Bridgestone PS4s next for comparison.
  2. cheesepiece

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

What a thread.
  3. cheesepiece

FN2 Connects 2 Double Din connections

I'll try the YouTube video and look in behind my HU again once I have time to pull it and start messing about. Thanks for your help. It's given me the impetus to look into this again, knowing yours works faultlessly and mine should also.
  4. cheesepiece

And if the purple wire gets a snip where do the free ends go? Hang loose? Surely they can just be pulled if they're doing nothing. My knowledge of electrics is just as limited as I am coming across if not even more so.
  5. cheesepiece

Ok, so I have that exact patch lead. Thanks for your efforts and replies. It looks exactly as pictured in your diagram labelled Kenwood, thanks for uploading. But I need to chop the purple wire, and connect what to my HU using Key 1? I don't understand from the instructions how I would have...
  6. cheesepiece

Not entirely sure. I definitely have not snipped anything though...
  7. cheesepiece

FN2 Championship White - my 2nd CTR

Got the rears delivered today and I've dismantled them along with the front calipers in preparation for powdercoating. Both bleed nipples on the rear calipers are stubborn and I can't seem to get them off... Am I wrong in thinking they should come off just like on the front calipers? Probably a...
  8. cheesepiece

Yeah I got a patch lead which supposedly suits my Kenwood 2-Din but nothing. I've tried faffing with the head unit and the steering wheel controls, I believe the unit would need calibrated in order for +/- Volume buttons to perform the function but all that the buttons do for me is change the...
  9. cheesepiece

Having done an installation of a double din in my FN2 using the connects2 stuff I expected to understand at least a bit of this thread and to maybe be able to field a question or two. Alas no, I don't have a clue. I just went with trial and error with mine. The only thing that doesn't work on...
  10. cheesepiece

Yeah, the fronts are off now. I've stuck a set of EP3 calipers on in their place. Just waiting on the rears being delivered and then I'll drop the lot over to the powder coaters. Blue was a consideration, as was yellow. I might get the EP3 ones done in blue or yellow but haven't decided.
  11. cheesepiece

Just waiting on delivery of a replacement set of rear calipers but I think I'm set on all white throughout. White rocker cover, white calipers front and rear with the fronts having black TYPE and red R
  12. cheesepiece

Opinions required - brake calipers colour choices

A touch of shot blasting first should do the trick. I like the idea, think it will work well.
  13. cheesepiece

I like that. Maybe the reverse, white with black writing. Those look good though.
  14. cheesepiece

I am finally in receipt of a replacement rocker cover and front brake calipers. Still haven't decided on colours. Initial thoughts were white rocker cover, yellow calipers. I've got time before I leave them over at the powdercoating place but I am now considering other ideas.
  15. cheesepiece

I'm leaving a couple of parts to the powder coaters in the coming days. I had my Champ White FN2 alloys re-done by the boys at IC Powdercoaters Ltd. and am very happy with the results now they're back on the car. The alloys are standard white 18s. I'm looking for inspiration and colour ideas...
  16. cheesepiece

Discs and pads replaced today. OEM front and rear Brembo pads. The discs that were taken off had a major lip and so the brake feel should be much better with new discs once the pads have bedded in. Smoked fog protectors have been on a couple of weeks, look well. Last thing I want to do is...
  17. cheesepiece

The eFN2 (3rd Type R) (Vikki VTEC)

Yeah, my skunk2 bolted on and was a complete doddle. Even the leather gear gaiter change only required the removal of one piece of trim.
  18. cheesepiece

Best Brake discs and pads for ep3?

Discs are much of a muchness and money is better spent on pads, in my experience.
  19. cheesepiece

Fog light protectors for sale 8G/9G/10G - FN2/FK2/FK8

Got mine. Thanks. Look great fitted.
  20. cheesepiece

To answer this, no. One seemingly would need a GPS module, optional Kenwood accessory to use the Nav mode.
  21. cheesepiece

I haven't had much time to mess about with it but I think it's more apple-oriented, and I'm Android. There's a nav mode but I haven't sussed it yet.
  22. cheesepiece

£10 glass mount aerial https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F351434095921 £100 for the kit Https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F250939231668 And I paid £100 for the 2-Din Kenwood secondhand from gumtree
  23. cheesepiece

Aye, slow and steady. It was a dynamic sound kit and a Kenwood unit.
  24. cheesepiece

Fog light protectors for sale 8G/9G/10G - FN2/FK2/FK8

I'd like a set of these if possible, same make / model / colour if possible, Wayne. And Loxy, they look class. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery right?
  25. cheesepiece

DAB and Bluetooth Double Din installed. Kenwood glass mount aerial fitted to rear nearside passenger window.
  26. cheesepiece

And beneath the trap door. As you can see the lid doesn't sit absolutely flush but my boot liner hides that and the dog doesn't seem to mind.
  27. cheesepiece

Fault code reader

Borrowed a friend's reader and get this Am no wiser. P0171$0710 1/1 generic System too lean bank 1 Maybe I'm illiterate or I need an interpreter, if there's anyone suitably qualified to comment
  28. cheesepiece

Fault code reader

Cheers Mike. I'll have a bash at that.
  29. cheesepiece

Fault code reader

Hi guys. Wondering if anyone knows of any decent fault code readers compatible with Honda CTR FN2. Any suggestions welcome but have had a quick scout on ebay, etc. and can see ones that pair with Android phones. Am wondering if these are any good or if there is a preferred option. EML came on...
  30. cheesepiece

Loxy's Type R #6

Wow. I need this.
  31. cheesepiece

Oh no. Hope you find a quick and cheap replacement / fix.
  32. cheesepiece

None whatsoever, other than the hilarious rate at which I'm going through fuel. The way I see it, it adds very little weight and it's probably best looking at it than for it, if I were to be stuck.
  33. cheesepiece

And that's a full-size spare slotted into the void beneath the false floor. Had to remove the boot assembly plastics but the trap door now houses, a Tyreweld, an empty 5l Gerry can and a matching alloy with tyre.
  34. cheesepiece

Opinions welcome. Very happy with 'em mysen.
  35. cheesepiece

Yes, they're refurbed and road-ready - but still white wheels. And white wheels < any other colour wheels.
  36. cheesepiece

Wheels on. Discs, pads and re-paint the calipers next.
  37. cheesepiece

Work done thus far: Replaced gear gaiter https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302363732911 Easy swap - no hassle - obviously a rep but looks the business and the one fitted when I bought it was tired and peeling. Replaced OEM gear knob with a...
  38. cheesepiece

Quick one. 2009 FN2

Thank you, sir.
  39. cheesepiece

Quick one. 2009 FN2

Fuel starved. D'oh
  40. cheesepiece

Quick one. 2009 FN2

Bought the car 23rd September. Joined the forum. Posted one thread and I'm already in the faults section.... So I parked it up on the driveway 23/09/18 which is at a gradient of about 15%, steep enough, nose of the car up to the brow of the driveway. It had about 15% full on the petrol gauge...
  41. cheesepiece

Hopefully picking up my skunk2 tomorrow and definitely going for red calipers all round.
  42. cheesepiece

Is this right? I thought the M200 differences ended at the bumper kits and the wing mirror covers.
  43. cheesepiece

Thanks, it was the M200 I originally was after but tbh I prefer the triangular exhaust tips anyway so I've probably saved myself a few quid there.
  44. cheesepiece

Bronze is the best colour and those giant Mugen wings do nothing for me. Congrats on the bronze.
  45. cheesepiece

Thanks for the comments. Photos don't really do justice, the car itself is in very good nick but the wheels were flaked and peeling. I've swapped them to a spare set of silver 17" Type S alloys and left the whites in for powder coating. My last Type R, a black 07, was written off in August 2017...
  46. cheesepiece

48,000 on the clock, 4th owner.
Back