• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

The really sensible option is to move to 18" rims & 45 series tyres. I have never had a puncture or damaged wheel in 4.5 years & 31,000 miles. The tyres are much cheaper too.
  2. BOOSTFAN

Type R FK8 All Season Tyres

Been running 18' wheels & Michelin PS4 on my FK8 from the word go for over 4 years, best decision Ive ever made.
  3. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Fuel pump recall

We never received a recall letter on our 2019 car. After travelling back from holiday on Thursday the car went into limp mode on a really busy roundabout 1 mile from home at 3.30pm. AA arrived within 30 minutes but couldn't get it on his van (no tow hook!) So had to wait until 7.30pm for a...
  4. BOOSTFAN

Other FL5 - options to choose?

I meant no offence, lots of FK8 people would have loved to have updated to the FL5, but are not prepared to be ripped off.
  5. BOOSTFAN

FK8 CarPlay Dongle.

Up until a few weeks ago I didn't even realise you could buy a Dongle to plug into your car so you can have wireless CarPlay! So I treat myself to an I-Phone CarlinKit 3.0 from Amazon (£67) So happy with it, connects in seconds, just leave my Phone in my pocket, no more fiddling about...
  6. BOOSTFAN

Other FL5 - options to choose?

The best option is not to buy one, like most people I am sticking with my FK8.
  7. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

Got my pre-deposit back from Honda. Test drove the GR86 last week, what a cracking little sports car! Will be trading in the MX5 when mine arrives in Spring. Keeping the FK8.
  8. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

Just asked for my pre-deposit back. I was in at just under 40k but at this price we will keep the FK8.
  9. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Traded for what? FL5 price supposed to be announced tomorrow.
  10. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

3 years & 20000 miles & never had an issue. (car is garaged!)
  11. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

I spoke to my Dealer yesterday & they were confident it would be £42k. "fifty-something" is madness! In other markets its around 5-6k more than the FK8 was. If that logic was applied here it should creep in just under £40k. I promised myself if was any more I would keep the FK8 ? If Harris loves...
  12. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

There are over a hundred GR86 that have been shipped & have been sat in Derby since early Summer. Something to do with the Brakes & ECU programming. These are the people who got their orders in very early. My order was confirmed @ 10.36 & hasn't gone into build yet. IF I can secure a FL5 for...
  13. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

My Pre-deposit is with Riverside Honda Wakefield. They have called a couple of times just to say they still have no info on price or availability! I also have a deposit on a GR86, I really hope Honda don't go online as Toyota have been a complete shit-show. More than a hundred cars have been sat...
  14. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

I didn't know there were any in the UK? Like many I have a £500 deposit on one, apparently 4th in line at my local dealer. The price in the US is around $44k, usually its around the same in £ when it gets here. Some people in the US are paying north of $72, 000 for one!!
  15. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

Almost the same as my car, including colour & mileage, did you have the 5 year Warranty, Servicing & Breakdown?
  16. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

I love my FK8, it is without doubt one of the very best cars I have ever owned, but the FL5 will be the last manual ICE Type R to be built. For that reason alone I want one.
  17. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

I am still being positive, I am assuming it will come in just under 40k, I am hoping for 29k for my FK8 so max 12k to change. As an OAP its cash only, the Kids knew a long time ago there would be nothing left when I'm gone!
  18. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

I only put a deposit on one yesterday, but if thats the case I will be keeping the FK8 & getting my deposit back.
  19. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

If it comes in under 40k we will sell the FK8 for one.
  20. BOOSTFAN

FL5 New Civic Type R

This could end up with the same shambles as the GR86. I had a deposit with my local Toyota dealer back in March & was promised a Sept delivery with demos arriving in June. Come April my deposit was returned & I was told to go on-line 20th April @ 10.00am to secure a car. Some people who managed...
  21. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

So pleased I changed to 18" & 40 series Michelin from the start. Almost 3 years 17.000 miles - no punctures, no damaged wheels & the tyres still have plenty of tread!
  22. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Fk8 current values

I know its tempting, but I need a 5 door hatch & this car is the best out there. I really don't know what I would replace it with & not be sorry!!
  23. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Fk8 current values

WBAC are offering £31,450 for my 2 year old car! Its gone up £1500 in the last month. I only paid 32K for the car when new. Seems tempting, but what would you replace it with?
  24. BOOSTFAN

FK8 No more new FK8's

My Dealer called me today wanting to buy my car back! I told him the only way I would sell is if he gave me a good deal on a new one. He went on to say there are no new ones - anywhere. Which is why he wanted mine.
  25. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

I have had Apex EC-7 Anthracite 18 x 8.5 x ET35 with 245x40 Michelins on mine from day 1. Very happy, no punctures or damaged wheels, after almost 10.000 miles, tyres are less than half worn.
  26. BOOSTFAN

FK8 New toy

Traded my MK3 Focus RS to buy an FK8 Sept 2019, never looked back!
  27. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

My Wheels & nuts were Ceramic Coated from new & still look like new.
  28. BOOSTFAN

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Sorry about the size of the Pictures!! So the FK8 now has this stablemate, it might cost a bit more to keep on the road, but it sounds epic, goes like a train & doesent depreciate.
  29. BOOSTFAN

I bought this when it was 9 months old, it was loaded with extras & I loved it. But maybe I should have consulted the Wife as she hated it because it was Auto, she will only drive a Manual! So it was sold after a year at a 8k loss!
  30. BOOSTFAN

EP3 A new stablemate

Just out of interest was it white (Flip Flop Yellow) We bought a new one in 98 & were invited to Oulton Park with lots of other sports cars to do filming for Gran Turismo. Sadly only kept it 2 years as we foolishly bought it as a daily! We are now in a position we can have one just for sunny days.
  31. BOOSTFAN

EP3 A new stablemate

Griff 500, 97 Vintage. 2 owners, last one for 22 years!
  32. BOOSTFAN

EP3 A new stablemate

After a year of ownership we are loving the FK8 & intend to keep for a long time. But fancied something to play with.
  33. BOOSTFAN

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

Be careful with an F Type, I thought I bought a nine month old 3.0S at the right price with loads of extras but still lost 9K in a year. As it happens my Wife hated it!!
  34. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Aftermarket wheel fitment

I changed to 18" as soon as I brought the car home. From Tegiwa, Apex EC-7 Anthracite 18 x 8.5 ET35. With Michelin 245 x 40 Not in your budget though (£1350) Had them Ceramic coated with the rest of the car & love them. They fill the arches better, no problems with pot-holes or punctures & I...
  35. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Insurance ...

Multi-car policy with LV. £530 for FK8 & MX5.
  36. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Tow bars or not?

And no I'm not wealthy, just a car nut who lost a lot of his pension!! I did the same with an F-Type ! If its in the blood you cant help it. At the moment I am lusting after an LC500 to sit next to the FK8. One day....
  37. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

Fitted 18" from day 1 with 40 series Michelins & never looked back.
  38. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Corroded OEM wheel nuts and alternative options?

Yep definitely do the callipers too. The wheels are so much easier to keep clean I just spray all over with Bilberry wheel cleaner leave for 5 minutes then Power Wash off. Job done. My detailer used GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra on the car, not sure what he put on the wheels, nuts & callipers...
  39. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Corroded OEM wheel nuts and alternative options?

I had my car including Wheels & nuts Ceramic coated from new, only six months in but they still look perfect.
  40. BOOSTFAN

FK8 New Owner & Floor Mats

Last bit of negotiation before buying any car - I presume it will come with the proper mats! Apparently they cost around £150 for the Type R, but no Garage is going to lose a sale just for a set of mats.
  41. BOOSTFAN

FK8 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

My wife has an old iPod permanently plugged into the USB behind the gearstick, I just use the charging pad for my iPhone. So we either use the radio or the music on the iPod. Either way you have to start pressing buttons to see anything on the screen! If I leave the car with the radio on why...
  42. BOOSTFAN

FK8 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

What niggles me about the system (2019) is that is doesn't remember what you had on last, you have to start again every time you start the car!!!
  43. BOOSTFAN

Yes that's correct, he has lots of spares now! Shocking service from the dealer who only let him have a loan car for a couple of days. Not good news if you need to replace the original tyres with a 3 week wait! So pleased I changed to smaller wheels & Michelins.
  44. BOOSTFAN

Just sold my original set of wheels & tyres to a guy in Cornwall. I am so pleased with the 18" I put on, the originals would have sat in my shed for years. He was desperate to get his nearly new car back on the road after a puncture in the sidewall left his car sat in the Honda dealer waiting...
  45. BOOSTFAN

Paddle shift on a manual, very novel!
  46. BOOSTFAN

FK8 A few questions... Differences? Or am i stupid?

My month old works with block changes. I really don't like it as the Engine screams. Its taught me to go through the box earlier on downshifts & enjoy the blipping :D
  47. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Hot hatch MEGA test

This month's EVO magazine. 14 contenders - only one winner!
  48. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

Absolutely, its the reason why we have a five door hatchback. Have you not heard of Hatchbags or Titan Covers - keeps the luggage area like new. Its the first thing I buy when we change car. This little mutt on my Avatar goes everywhere with us :D
  49. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

Yes mate that was me, take the Dog walking around the Castle most Tuesday mornings with a friend - good coffee too in the Cafe. Come & say hello if your around.
  50. BOOSTFAN

What did you do to your Type R today?

Expensive hobby, track days, but it looks like you are having fun!
  51. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

I see you have good taste in MX5s also.. https://i.imgur.com/wFAP267.jpg
  52. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

I have a picture of it on my drive 30 mins after picking it up from the dealer & it's missing. So it was either delivered from Honda missing (unlikely) or somebody at the dealers has nicked it! Fortunately there is no damage & the dealer is going to replace.
  53. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

The PDI was done, but I did confuse the dealer by asking for it not to be cleaned or any protective coverings removed - he thought I was mad collecting a new car that was dirty! There is some adhesive left behind where the red stripe was so it was removed at some point.
  54. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

Yes it's a GT & it should be there!
  55. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

You're so right, after two weeks & 650 miles including a fantastic run to the Cotswolds & back on the Fosse Way I am in love. Something my detailer spotted the red stripe is missing from the front!! Honda are looking into it!
  56. BOOSTFAN

Not missing that element of the RS.Quite happy keeping this car standard (apart from the wheels) The only thing I would change is the wooden brake pedal feel.
  57. BOOSTFAN

Here is my new FK8 in the detail bay receiving its ceramic coat. Had it two weeks now & loving it, better in almost every way to my MK3 Focus RS.
  58. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Roadside reactions

Only for a couple of hundred yards before I remembered the car only had 15 miles on the clock!
  59. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Roadside reactions

You're still a young whippersnapper. 66 & just bought a new FK8 :D Just bringing it home from the dealers last Friday & a guy in an M3 wanted a race!
  60. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

I wish, but I know it's unlikely.
  61. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

Picking it up Friday.:D
  62. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

To retain 70% of its value after 3.5 years is excellent. But with 34k on the clock it felt time for it to go & I fancied a change, really looking forward to the FK8.
  63. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

I lost £9.750 over 3.5 years.
  64. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

My Focus RS is sold & I pick the FK8 up a week today. :D
  65. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Winter tyres

Which is why I am changing mine to 18" rims as soon as it comes out of the Dealers. I ran a Jag on 20'' rims with 30 series tyres & it was pain with punctures & worrying about potholes the whole time. Totally impractical in my opinion for the roads we have in this country.
  66. BOOSTFAN

FK8 It arrives tomorrow!

My new FK8 is booked in on the 16/09 for full detail & GTechniq Ceramic coat including wheels & callipers. GTechniq have a price configurator for their qualified detailers. This is who I use. http://advancedetail.co.uk/
  67. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

Excellent service from Tegiwa, the wheels arrived today. I will have the tyres fitted next week at Performance Tyres & Alloys in Leeds. It's the only place I trust around here for tyre fitting, they use black wheel weights too which are a must with anthracite or black wheels.
  68. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 as a Daily (High Mileage) Driver??

One of the few benefits of getting older: car insurance. Just paid £304 for my Focus RS, when the Type R arrives in 2 weeks I will get a £45 refund so £259. This car will be a daily for us so maybe 10,000 a year. New wheels arrive today & will be fitted as soon as car reaches dealer.
  69. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

New wheels & tyres ordered ready for car arriving next month. Apex EC-7 Gunmetal with Michelins.
  70. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

Nice one, can't complain with the dealer though. Got a 6.1% discount & free mats. Looking round for some wheels now, has anyone used Tegiwa on here?
  71. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

Already booked in for full detail & G Tech ceramic coat. I have told the dealer not to touch it when it arrives except for PDI We have it on our other car & it really helps with keeping it clean
  72. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

My son-in-law is in the business of buying & selling cars so he will shift it for me. He has his own unit, website etc.
  73. BOOSTFAN

FK8 FK8 ordered

In white, ordered yesterday for delivery W/C 9 September. Just need to sell the RS now.
  74. BOOSTFAN

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. No Drift mode or Trackdays, just swapped them around to maximise wear. I am seeing the Dealer next week, I have test driven twice, just looking for the best deal. I didn't realise there was a facelift.But I had read about the volume button on US cars.
  75. BOOSTFAN

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

After months lurking on here I am looking to order an FK8 for Sept delivery. The only thing that bothers me are the wheels & tyres. I really don't like the 20'' Black wheels & 6-8k wear on the tyres is crazy in my mind. My MK3 Focus RS did 29k on its first set of Michelins & I only changed them...
  76. BOOSTFAN

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

There must be lots more wheels out there that will fit on the Type R. Using this tool. http://www.willtheyfit.com/ I have been looking at Romac Venom or Bola CSR The 60 ET on the standard wheel is difficult to source but ET45 will fill the arch better.
  77. BOOSTFAN

New tyres

The wife & I had a test drive last Friday. We both like the Car & will be looking to buy one in April. I will be changing the 20" wheels immediately to 18" or 19" depending on what will fit over the Front brakes. £1k every 7k for new tyres is ridiculous! I have had a set of 19" Michelins waiting...
  78. BOOSTFAN

New tyres

I am looking to change my MK3 Focus RS for a type R in the new year. I am not in a hurry so will wait for the MY19 cars to arrive. But one thing I really don't like about the Type R are the 20" Black rims with the Red band, I don't like the Black 19" wheels on the Focus either ! So its nice to...
Back