• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

EP3 Lost key ep3

I’ve lost the key for my ep3 civic track car - I’m sure that the key has a transponder that’s paired to the ECU. I understand that my ecu has been reflashed to deal with the other mods so if I buy an eBay key then do I also need the matched ecu? any advice greatly appreciated! Rgds rich
  2. M

Alternator charger light staying on

the alternator on ,y ep3 race car failed recently. Bearing failure which led to the alternator case cracking - it was running but really noisy and no alternator light. I’ve fitted a new alternator and the red dash warning light is now on. Must be a faulty new alternator - so I’ve swapped in...
  3. M

ep3 new rack problem

Bump. Any suggestions?
  4. M

ep3 new rack problem

Afternoon all just replaced the rack on my civic which was working but had masses of play. new rack in and now have the eps light on and no power steering is there a reset process? my crappy fault code reader doesnt show any errors - what are others using ? the rack recon co is asking for the...
  5. M

ep3 Track/Race clutch recommendations

evening the pressure plate has given up on the Clutchmaster FX400 ceramic clutch - its running about 260bhp so not massive power and surprised its died. any recommendations for a replacement? thanks
  6. M

Ep3 clutch issues

Thanks Carl I’m in denial in the hope it’s not a gearbox out job but suspect you’re right.
  7. M

Ep3 clutch issues

Track day at Anglesey bought to an end by clutch failure. When allowed to cool a bit I could get gears again but as soon as it’s warm I can’t. Fluid levels haven’t dropped and no obvious signs of leakage. I’m hoping it’s clutch master or slave fault rather than clutch itself. Are these classic...
  8. M

track car suspension

evening all i need to replace the coilovers on my ex-race car. it had bespoke units from shocktech which have been condemned! looking at YSR inverted units https://www.ysreurope.com/yellow-speed-racing-premium-competition-coilovers-honda-civic-ep3-inverted.html but also came across some k-sport...
  9. M

EP3 engine mounts

hi ive bought a set of ebay specials - will see what they are like. hopefully i havent just wasted £200!
  10. M

EP3 engine mounts

Thanks for the reply. Done that myself as well in the past but need to see what condition the standard ones are in. Suspect they’re knackered hence why I’m getting so much movement.
  11. M

EP3 engine mounts

hi my ep3 track car needs better engine mounts as im getting too much engine movement the vibratechnics ones will be good but are fooking expensive what else are others using? powerflex bush inserts will only be effective if the bushes theyre going into are any good. im tempted to have a...
  12. M

Steering improvements

no whats the fast road setup? is it just a geometary setup? its got bespoke coilovers and adjustable top mounts to improve castor and camber. the rear is lowered and has more camber than standard
  13. M

Steering improvements

Sorry. 2002 ep3 Thanks
  14. M

Steering improvements

I did a track day at Anglesey yesterday and whilst the civic is great the steering isn’t brilliant. I’m getting slow reaction on fast direction changes shows a weakness in the steering - it’s almost like there’s a lag in the assistance kicking in. I hadn’t actually realised until doing some...
  15. M

Hard Brake Pipe Front Left

afternoon all just been doing the flexi pipes on my ep3 track car and one of the hard lines up to the abs block is knackered. anyone have a part number or would you just replace with copper? my only reluctance to do this is that the pipe runs around where the exhaust is routed and has a plastic...
  16. M

Cheap eBay rear arms

Evening Has anyone bought the alloy rear lower arms off eBay? Cheap as. Hips but are they any good?
  17. M

Brake Rebuild

evening all ive eventually started the strip down after killing the EBC Yellowstuff front pads at the last track day and they are truly knackered. The option to just swap the pads has gone though as the caliper pistons are rotting away and need replacing. so do i get new calipers which on...
  18. M

EP3 brake upgrade

when you say something more serious do you mean a big brake kit? have you tried the blue stuff race pads? cheers rich
  19. M

EP3 brake upgrade

hi all ive just been through a set of yellow stuff pads in a couple of track days and wondering whether to replace with the same, ds3000's, blue stuff race pads or something else? or go the whole hog and go for an ap kit with floating discs. what are others using? cheers rob
Back