• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Soldier1357

Automatic Headlights Always ON

Ah okay thanks! Just happens to be the only part that isn't available! lol
  2. Soldier1357

Automatic Headlights Always ON

I have an FN2 type R 2011 GT spec. The car has factory HIDs and automatic headlights. They're usually off the daytime and in the evenings (obviously) but recently they've been on all the time! Any ideas? Anyone had this before? I'm unsure as to where the light sensor is for the Headlights on...
  3. Soldier1357

FN2 Judder when depressing clutch

I haven't spoke to them because it's something the car did before the clutch change, perhaps its something I should ask them about.
  4. Soldier1357

How long does bedding in take? Iv'e done about 500 miles or so id say
  5. Soldier1357

Yeah it was a 3 piece kit, i assume that includes the release bearing? and yeah he said the original fluid was changed recently anyway and there no metal shavings in the fluid so all seemed well.
  6. Soldier1357

Hi all, This has always been a strange querk my car has had in the 5 or so months iv'e owned it, now i'm not saying it's an issue it's just a bit odd and i'm wondering if it's a sign of some other issue with the transmission. I'm aware that the FN2 does kangaroo a little when cold and i...
  7. Soldier1357

Clutch/Syncromesh issue, please help.

Hi all, just an update on the clutch and for anyone having the same issue. I had a genuine 3 piece kit installed by TGM yesterday. Although its early days and the clutch needs time to bed in I can feel the difference already. The gear changes are ridiculously smoother, i couldn't believe it...
  8. Soldier1357

FK2 - Sunday car cleaning

Unpopular opinion, FK2 looks miles better than the FK8.
  9. Soldier1357

FN2 Fn2 clutch diy

Hey read this forum https://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission-8g/121206-fn2-clutch-change-diy-experience.html Should give you info you need!
  10. Soldier1357

Steering improvements

I don't have much knowledge so i can't help you but for the other members on here it might be worth mentioning which Type R you have so they can better advise.
  11. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Well depending where you are in East Sussex you can't be more than 70 odd miles, i'm about 65 miles in Swindon. My dad has an 03 plate bug eye WRX which has been converted with the 2.5l STI engine and all the gubbins, runs about 400bhp now and he drives it to Lincolnshire from Swindon to have it...
  12. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Well iv'e never owned a car with any sort of forced induction so it's always been NA for me!
  13. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Nice! That certainly makes me feel better about going to them!
  14. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Well I'm not too sure yet, im planning on getting the exhaust changed for sure, along with possibly a HKS with heatsheild and then get it all mapped on top, it's a great car but could really use some low down mid range grunt! I'll see how things go after that, the car already has drilled and...
  15. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Yeah mate absolutely! The dealership offered £200 cash back to help with cost of the replacement and also offered to pay for the VAT if i have the receipt payable to the dealership. So that's a new clutch for pretty much nothing! If they do a good job i'll definately be back for more things...
  16. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

They quoted me 550 for a genuine kit, not bad at all! Thanks guys.
  17. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Cheers Norv! I've dropped them a message! For a Genuine Honda kit they only have to beat Hondas quote of £780, I'll see what they say :)
  18. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Swindon mate, Amy recommendations near there?
  19. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Ah I see, well Loxy recommended getting the genuine Honda kit rather than the partial Exedy/honda kit most places offer. If you go on Clickmechanic you can get someone fit the entire kit at your address for around 450, but it's the Exedy/Honda mix clutch. I think id rather pay the extra 300 or...
  20. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Is that for a genuine Honda clutch or an Exedy?
  21. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Thanks mate, iv'e heard the release bearings on the Exedy aren't that great. Yeah might as well just get the genuine Honda gear then!
  22. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Hi all, Off the back of my old post (I wasn't sure if id get a response adding to the old one) I was going to get a genuine Honda Clutch kit, i was advised to look at buying one and then getting Honda to fit or just going to Honda and getting it all done directly (Around 700-800) I was...
  23. Soldier1357

Dealer Clutch replacement or Click Mechanic?

Unfortunately not mate i'm in Swindon, thanks though! I'll give Honda a call and see what the price would be for fitting only then potentially buy the Clutch from Cox.
  24. Soldier1357

Yeah i was actually looking at genuine Honda clutch kits online, Iv'e tried looking at when i can book a repair in with Honda through their website but apparently they don't have 1 service centre in the UK :scare: I'll have to give them a ring and ask them at some point this weekend.
  25. Soldier1357

Hi Loxy, Thanks for the info, I know how a groaning sticky clutch feels in this car and i certainly don't want that again anytime soon. I think it's definitely worth the extra cash going for a genuine Honda Clutch, especially since I plan on increasing the power output moderately. Really...
  26. Soldier1357

Hi All, As on advice from Loxy and a few others i'll be booking in the car for a clutch replacement, iv'e been quoted about 420 from click mechanic and iv'e used them before for another car for the brakes so i know they're good. The mechanics also get rated individually so they need to do a...
  27. Soldier1357

Yeah exactly mines the opposite, it makes me feel like i can't drive! It is possible to get a smooth change but it's 1 in a million. The fact that the biting point is very near the floor makes it very difficult and often results in revving over into the next gear or jumping into the next gear :(...
  28. Soldier1357

That sounds exactly like the issues i'm having, in the morning when i put the clutch down the car can judder and clunk almost like the clutch disengages in quite an aggressive fashion when it's cold. Also when i put it into reverse it's not exactly smooth and quite clunky. I can see strap marks...
  29. Soldier1357

Yeah I am definitely going to push for that, iv'e just heard things about it being the syncromesh and other things. I just hope it's the clutch.
  30. Soldier1357

Yeah i was fearing that, i just hope the garage will get it sorted here for me. They can't expect me to drive the car another 180 miles and then get a lift back and then come back on a different day to drive the car back.
  31. Soldier1357

I'm in Swindon if anyone would be willing to take a look for me, i'll pay.
  32. Soldier1357

The biting point is close to the floor, much closer than my previous car was, so much so that i stalled away from the dealer :D But yes it is very low, iv'e seen things about adjusting but i wouldn't know what i'm doing, is it possible this is the issue?
  33. Soldier1357

Just an FYI the car isn't hard to shift under normal driving but is still quite hard to get a normal smooth shift, it's only tough to move the gear stick under high load.
  34. Soldier1357

Hi all, I recently purchase (on finance) a gorgeous milano red GT type R FN2, it's a 61 plate and also only has 50K miles on the clock. The problem i'm having is that I feel it's just really hard to change gear smoothly especially when giving it the beans in VTEC, sometimes when going from...
Back