• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. maximilian

Leaking Roof

I have a leak on the EP3. Water is entering in the rear right side somewhere. After some good British rain, the roof lining fabric is all damp from the suit hanger handle down to the tailgate. There is also a load of water getting into the boot somehow and making all the fabric damp. I noticed...
  2. maximilian

Respray cash in hand.

I need a motorcycle fairing resprayed. Does anyone with some experience do that sort of stuff in their shed for cash in hand? In and around Colchester. No colour matching, paint flicking or masking required, just primer then jet gloss black on 10 seperate ABS panels. All the parts are off the...
  3. maximilian

Blasted Steering Wobble

The steering on my CTR has never been perfect, but I learn't to live with it pulling right slightly on some roads (despite several attempts to correct it with lazer alignment etc). Here's the thing; Yesterday I replaced the front pads, and fluid all round. Only for some strange reason I forgot...
  4. maximilian

EP3 Clutch Change DIY!

I have started to experience the dreaded "high rpm crunch" in 4th to 5th, and now in 3rd to 4th gear changes. Also for some time now, 1st gear has been tempermental when cold, and reverse a bit sluggish to get in. Nothing serious, but I believe all these signs all point towards clutch being on...
  5. maximilian

INSANE quote just received.

Currently 20 years old. Although policy will start from when I am 21. 1 Years NCB. Licence held for over 3 years. CTR EP3 2002 Kept at home (safe garage) 6000miles a year. Legal Cover 12 Months £950 !!!!! From churchill (with £850 excess for accidental damage) Or £1005 (with £700 Excess)...
  6. maximilian

Gearbox noise

Just noticed a very slight (quite quiet) rasping/rattle when idling in neutral. When the clutch is fully pressed, it stops. Haven't noticed it before. Other than that, everything is tip top. This presumably narrows it down to the gearbox. Any ideas? Bearing maybe? I'm not too worried at...
  7. maximilian

Alarm Key fob CTR 02 problem

It seems the Hamilton Palmer alarm systems cause no end of grief. Alas, one of my fobs has stopped working properly. Will disarm, but wont arm. Was bieng tempermental before, but now has stopped working alltogether. I was thinking it may be the circuit board in the fob, as i have changed the...
  8. maximilian

Key fob battery

What is the typre of battery you find in a Pre-Facelift (2001-2003)CRT alarm fob. Is it possible to get them from an electrical shop, or only via Hamilton Palmer?
  9. maximilian

Wheel alignement and suspension geometry

My 02 CTR pulls slightly to the right at speed (60+). As a result, i have to hold the wheel about 10degrees (or less) to the left when on the motorway. It is not slack either, constant pressure must be applied to keep it going straight. It was worse, but i took it to get 4wheel alighment at...
Back